Chewy
Ante
Symbolic
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Symbolic

Symbolic

Than any game in years. Only 6 more days....

Ante

Ante

Pretty much this.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Ive watched just about every possible video for it, and I still cant get enough. Devs say its 30-35 hours if you rush through it. Multiple endings, multiple paths, nearly unlimited character options.......plus its Deus Ex. I love me some conspiracies and shadow governments.

Did you play the beta Ante?

Ante

Ante

Yeah, it's fucking sweet. The options are overwhelming, so many choices. From character builds, to weapons and weapon mods, to ammo, to playstyle. There's so many places to explore too, it's nuts.

I had goosebumps walking through Detroit for the first time. There's just something.... prophetic? about the atmosphere of the game.

UGH, WANT FULL RELEASE NOW.

Chewy

Chewy

It takes place in Detroit?

I had not clue this was coming out so soon, I'm probably going to wait on buying it though because I have a couple of pre-orders already.

Ante

Ante

Chewy wrote:It takes place in Detroit?

I had not clue this was coming out so soon, I'm probably going to wait on buying it though because I have a couple of pre-orders already.

There's two main hubs, with a couple smaller more mission specific ones. Detroit is the first main one.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I don't know much about it. What style of gameplay is it? It almost seems to have RPG elemnets in it as well.

Ante

Ante

Terrinator wrote:I don't know much about it. What style of gameplay is it? It almost seems to have RPG elemnets in it as well.

It's an RPG first, shooter second. The shooting element is flawless, though. The guns sound and feel great.

D

Most likely taking a couple of days off for this.

Grey

Grey

The main character is lame. Seriously. You need bionic implants to put on sunglasses?

Ante

Ante

Rainbow Vakarian wrote:The main character is lame. Seriously. You need bionic implants to put on sunglasses?

I think Im more hyped for Deus Ex HR RtyFd

I love you Grey.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Yes I will disappear as well next week like you D. I like the look of the main character, pretty solid for cyber-punk. The game is a very deep RPG, but like Ante said, the shooting mechanics are top notch as well. I cannot wait until it arrives Tuesday morning. I love you Amazon release day delivery.

D

This guy has some cool videos that show off the different types of gameplay. He skips cutscenes to cut down on some spoilers, but there are some early game mission spoilers in here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tugboatyan

More info in this topic:

http://www.speakeasyclinic.com/t2893-official-deus-ex-human-revolution-topic

Cool videos

Last edited by D00MSDAY DEVICE on 2011-08-18, 11:30; edited 1 time in total

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

The look of the main character is all that's keeping me from getting it.

D

I think Im more hyped for Deus Ex HR 9450252

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

That actually made me gag a little...

Symbolic

Symbolic

Metalzoic wrote:The look of the main character is all that's keeping me from getting it.

Really? Give it a chance! The only games that have ever deterred me from playing them due to character design is......well.....every JRPG ever lol.

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

Symbolic wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:The look of the main character is all that's keeping me from getting it.

Really? Give it a chance! The only games that have ever deterred me from playing them due to character design is......well.....every JRPG ever lol.

THIIIIIIS!

But also, I knew in the back of my head that they were all the same game with the same characters and the same stupidly-simple combat system. I KNOW WHAT WILL MAKE OUR GAME DIFFERENT, GUYS! A LEVEL-UP SYSTEM IN A 3D GRID THAT YOU PLACE CRYSTALS IN!

Getting carried away. Back to the topic at hand:

The main character of DE:HR does look like a big toolbag. It's like one of the kids who got picked on in school got sent to the future. Same stupid haircut, beard, and trenchcoat with unnecessary buckles and straps.

Then again, never played any DE game, and all I've ever heard was praise. I'd like to check out the others first.

Zillah

Zillah

Symbolic wrote:

haha, and Brink

Symbolic

Symbolic

The first is one of my favorite games ever. Back when I played PC games. Invisible War was ok, but not nearly as good IMO. Well Im sure D, Ante and I will be here to give plenty of glowing reviews next week!

Also yea.....I love me some Japanese games, dont get me wrong. Some of my favorite series ever include

-Resident Evil
-Bayonetta
-Street Fighter
-Metal Gear Solid
-Devil May Cry
-Zelda/Mario/Metroid
- Tekken
- And most recently Shadows of the Damned(Im in love with this game)

etc etc....

But honestly I have never played a JRPG I have ever liked in my life. And yes that includes the Final Fantasy games. I just cant get into them, and never have been able to. The art style really kills it for me, big time. Plus I hate how the main character is always some effeminate teen emo douche bad(just IMO).

D

Character design's never really bother me in games because when I play I envision the guy as myself anyways lol.

Ante

Ante

Man, I think Jensen is a bad ass. HATERS.

Y'ALL IS HATERS. Razz

Gary Effin' Oak.

Gary Effin' Oak.

Haters gon' Hate Ante. Cant hate the gameplay though...not in the least.

chunckylover53

Byas? wrote:Haters gon' Hate Ante. Cant hate the gameplay though...not in the least.

I am going to hate the gameplay because you said i can't hate it.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Cramtron™️ wrote:The main character of DE:HR does look like a big toolbag. It's like one of the kids who got picked on in school got sent to the future. Same stupid haircut, beard, and trenchcoat with unnecessary buckles and straps.

Exactly Cram™️.

Seriously, Just look at him...
I think Im more hyped for Deus Ex HR Dude_from_grandmas_boy

We'll see how the reviews and feedback pan out. I was looking forward to it until they released screenshots showing him.

EDITED: Because I sounded like an asshole. Embarassed

D

Interview with a few of the voice actors.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Ehh, the main charicter is only a problem if there is a bunch of dialog and he sounds like a dousche too. Otherwise I don't care too much how he looks, so long as I am controling him he will be badass.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Well D's avatar is pretty cool.
Like you said in another thread, there's just too many good games.

D

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-deus-ex-human-revolution-screenshot-comparison/

Chewy

Chewy

I like the 360's better; not quite as sharp but much more vibrant colors.

Still debating on whether to get this on release... If it scores high I definitely will but otherwise I'll wait until after I play some other of the fall releases.

D

Yeah 360 looks great. I'm not a videophille so I'm not sure which is better, but i prefer the darker image.

The biggest eye opener though, is the one screen shot of the key pad. PS3 looks really washed out next to the 360's image.

Chewy

Chewy

Yeah definitely, the 360 looks loads better on that screenshot.

The first picture is a good display of the difference in resolution though if you look at the text on the signs. The text on them is pretty blurry on the 360 compared to PS3.

D

Ahh, yeah I see that now. PS3 stuff does usually look a little sharper.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

360 definitely has the wider contrast range on color though.

The sharpness on the text probably has to do with PS3 not being as good at anti-aliasing.

Both look good though.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Yea I wouldnt say "loads" better. Its both very damn close. Im getting it for 360 regardless. I usually do with PC centric ports as the 360 almost always gets the better version. Console exclusives are a different story however from my experience. I plan on getting Rage on PS3 for example after seeing some recent technical mumbo jumbo. Just depends.

Edit- Yes Im aware Rage is PC centered development wise

Duck

Duck

It looks really cool from what I've seen. I'll have a job hopefully at the start of the school year so I'll have money... but I need to focus more on college stuff instead of games so I'm considering not even buying BF3 or Skyrim.

Ante

Ante

I've got this preordered for PC, so it doesn't matter to me. ONLY THE BEST.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Vinyl Scratch wrote:I've got this preordered for PC, so it doesn't matter to me. ONLY THE BEST.

Rolling Eyes
Silly pony. Don't you know PC stands for poopy crappy. Laughing

Ante

Ante

Metalzoic wrote:
Vinyl Scratch wrote:I've got this preordered for PC, so it doesn't matter to me. ONLY THE BEST.

Rolling Eyes
Silly pony. Don't you know PC stands for poopy crappy. Laughing

I think Im more hyped for Deus Ex HR Vader

D

PC version will get some interesting mods I'm sure.

StormEye

StormEye

I preorderedit on Steam (I can't play on consoles no more since I got no TV in my room...).

At least I got the new laptop which probably would be good enought to pay it.

I'm looking forward to great modders' products in the future too.

D

http://www.destructoid.com/review-deus-ex-human-revolution-209544.phtml

Chewy

Chewy

Wow, I expected it to score pretty well but damn, critics are loving it so far.

I'll be picking it up this week fsho.

D

http://www.ign.com/articles/1189591
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/22/deus-ex-human-revolution-review/
http://www.gamefront.com/deus-ex-human-revolution-review/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-22-deus-ex-human-revolution-review
http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_16142/Deus_Ex_Human_Revolution_Review

D

Last post on this I promise (at least for the next hour or so lol).

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/deus-ex-human-revolution/critic-reviews

Also, bonus youtube awesomeness.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Yeah it's getting excellent reviews.

D that video almost made me go buy it. I'm loving that punch of his, and the variety of animation shown.

D

Yeah the takedown animations are pretty dope.

Dude made a sequel lol.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

The Lens of truth analysis is up.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-deus-ex-human-revolution-analysis/

Bottom line is both versions look great, but as mentioned above, graphically the Xbox 360 version looks to be a bit more polished throughout. With better looking AA, more consistent SSAO, shadows, lighting and mip-mapping, the Xbox wins this category by a hair.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Cant stop playing......game has met my expectations so far. Im about 4 hours in.

D

You got a midnight release? I still have to wait 3 more hours before I can get mines.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum