Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow it turned out my apts really suck....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Man that's sorry as hell I found out if anything goes wrong in this apt like a toilet clogs or expensive lights go out or any repair we have to pay out of pocket by the next day or we're kicked out.

I thought these were supposed to be income based apts?How can somebody afford that stuff?If I could....I wouldn't of moved in this dump.I told everybody I know I don't recommend anybody ever move to these apts...>:[[[ .The 500 somethin dollar deposit SO wasn't worth it.......

At the apts we used to live at which were income based,the maintenance guy fixed whatever for free.

I think the damn manager is corrupted.Her husband just happens to be the maintenance guy and they charge whatever they want if they have to be "bothered" to fix anything.....crack heads everywhere out here it seems.

>__< I wish I hadn't of sold my SKS and Shotgun.. >__> I have a feeling these drunk dudes across the street are gonna try to break in one day.They're always outside at all hours of the night just staring at my apt.

I knew somethin was fishy about this place when the manager said we had to pay a water bill out here....at no other apts in this whole town do they make you pay a water bill.I guess it's included in the rent there or somethin.idk.We're probably gettin kicked out anyway since we can't afford a water bill on top of this central air conditioning

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

Small excerpt from the page I listed below about tenant/landlord laws. More info is available on that page.(I looked up Texas because I assume your profile location is still right).

http://texastenant.org/repairs.html

Under Texas law, regardless of what the lease says the landlord is
required to repair problems that materially affect the physical health
or safety of an ordinary tenant and are not caused by the tenant,
occupant, or a guest. If the problem developed from normal use of the
premises by the tenant, occupant or guest, the landlord is still
responsible for repair. For example, leaking plumbing, rodents, broken
air-conditioning in extremely hot temperatures, sewage leaks, shattered
sliding glass doors or caved ceilings all affect health and safety.
Although a non-working garbage disposal or a leaky faucet is
inconvenient, it may not materially affect health or safety.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

wow dude,thanks.If I had a printer I'd print it and post it to that damn bitches office door right now.........

I dunno what good it would do,she would probably take it to court and I don't have the money for that...

I just told my mom about that the landlord is required to fix that stuff,cuz it's inevitable the toilet is gonna clog up,etc. ,and my mom said it's not worth the trouble and she's already planning on moving out of this dump.

I KNEW the manager was fuckin corrupted out here.Shame I can't get my 500 plus dollar deposit back

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

No problem, honestly it would probably be a bigger hassle to fight it than it would be to leave there. The landlord probably knows this and knows most people that live in income based apartments don't have the money to fight it, so they take their chances at getting away with it. I have some friends that live in income based apartments and I think they are actually pretty decent about repairs, but the place has got a lot of meth heads living there.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah there's always some crackheads everywhere it seems....

at our other income based apts they just fixed whatever for free.

and I heard it was illegal to charge people a water bill in an income based apt anyway?idk.That's what this girl told me lol.

I know the damn manager can kiss my ass talkin bout I have to pay out of pocket for anything.Especially in income based apts.

I bet she just pockets that deposit money anyway.....how the hell are they gonna charge 500+ plus bucks for income based apts,when the other apts are like 50 bucks deposit.But this is the only place that would accept us due to my mom's damn hot checks.She's ruined every place we've ever lived at -__-

sheep

sheep

More internet hugs kiddo!

I have no advice though. Only sympathy. Sounds rough as hell. I suggest beating the pavement and finding any job you can get. Also google up some grants and stuff, there are plenty out there. Exhaust all possibilities and then get the hell out of dodge. Your current situation sounds awful as hell.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I feel really stuck in life......I don't have a way back and forth even to the community college here and I'm not sure I'd make it in college.I HATE math and the such,and I hear you have to take all these math and read,science,etc. for ANY degree you want...that sucks.

I heard alot of people here just sign up for the school to get the grant money then quit and that's what my mom's been tellin me to do but I don't want $3k worth of debt -__-

I think the community college here has online classes,but,the only way I pay my internet is the tiny bit left over from my dad's measly $120 a month in child support.And if he decided to not pay child support that month like he's done many times before,there goes my school and internet =/

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Sorry you're going through such a rough time man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum