New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hell Yes! I can't wait for this game!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I don't know how I missed this coming out of TGS, but they're still making Kingdom Under Fire II.

It's the true RTS sequel to the original Xbox games (not the shitty Circle of Doom spinoff for 360) that I've wanted for years.

If you never played the original it's an RTS but you're down in the action hack n' slash style and can switch between your heroes and units on the fly, giving commands or controlling them directly.
The new one has at least 100 units (double the first if I remember right): Soldiers, scouts,sapper, cavalry, archers, catapults, artillery, flying units etc... are the ones I can remember.

It had great strategy and tactics to it and tons of in close action. They've also added co-op play. PC and console which probably means 360 since all previous games have been Xbox.

I'm stoked!
Check out the preview and videos.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/112/1121788p1.html

D

This looks pretty sick.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

The originals were some of my favorite games from last gen. The combination of strategy and action was just great.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Not a single (original) Kingdom Under Fire fan here? Question Sad Crying or Very sad Neutral Mad Evil or Very Mad

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I never played the first, so I really can't say. To me it looks a lot like Dynasty Warriors, but I won't judge until I've rented it and played it for x amount of hours.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

It is a little bit when you're directly controlling your hero. But that's just one aspect of this game. You also control, position, change formations, charges, retreats and give orders to all your other squads and later in the game you can have a lot of them fighting at once. You constantly have to pick which units to strike where and from what angle. Who to gang up on. Where to have your cavalry charge. etc...

You can have units hide in the tree line's and trick enemies into ambushes. Retreat one unit so the enemy follows only to find themselves pulverized because you tricked them into a catapult kill zone. On and on.

D

I played a little bit of he first one. Way better than DyNASTY Warriors.

I hate DW.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Det. Lt. William Somerset wrote:I hate DW.

Me too, always have.

D

It was fun at first, but it got old REALLY fast.

My girlfriend at the time made fun of me for playing it Laughing

Majora1988

Majora1988

DW is fun for awhile, but it is just the same stuff over and over again. KUF is much much better.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Yeah. I remember being excited for Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom until I heard that all the RTS was removed and it was a spinoff with Dynasty Warriors gameplay.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I used to play DW with a friend before school everyday Very Happy

Also Kingdom under Fire got boring for me i dont know why i think it was because i didnt understand the controls and i didnt get cool Units as fast as i liked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum