New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last three missions on Legendary left

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

StormEye

StormEye

thanks to my crappy connection that would refuse to connect to even to XBL now...

Was playing Legendary the entire evening. I probably died more than the number or Elites I have killed...

Have you been playing solo or with others?

Also, I think we all die more to Elites than the number that we kill; I've been you've learned to just LOVE the concussion rifle Elites/Brutes.

StormEye

StormEye

Solo Legendary. Could not connect to XBL.

Well, at least you don't have to restart the campaign; I guess that's one good way to look at it. Hopefully your internet will be fixed soon though.

StormEye

StormEye

It would be sad that I would finish Legendary first before the connection gets fixed. The manager did not pick up the phone today, so I left him a message to call me back on the update status of the connection issue.

How far have you made it through Legendary?

StormEye

StormEye

I have last three missions left, as the title suggests. I beat rest today, but the last three would take longer due to the level difficulty.

Oh, lol, sorry. I'm tired, but I can't sleep, so I'm having trouble paying attention. The last 3 are really annoying; now iirc, Exodus is one of those. Towards the end, there are those Wraiths that know where you're going before you do, and will kill you by lobbing a plasma mortar there, over a hill, and through a tiny crack in a wall. It's beyond infuriating.

StormEye

StormEye

I beat Exodus. So after that are the left overs.

I took care of wraith by Plasma Charging EMP blast it, then took care of the gunner, then jumped on it to destroy it and run like hell before long rangers could get me.

I kept getting killed before I could even get near it half of the time, because I tried to fight and destroy it instead of hijack it; I finally got really angry and just jumped off the little bridge at it and hijacked it. The next part trying to hit the button was kind of difficult for me though; I couldn't kill the Fuel Rod Brute, and pretty soon I exhausted everything I had, except for the plasma pistols everywhere, so I just lured him one way, then jetpacked up to hit the button before running away.

StormEye

StormEye

The Fuel Rod Brute can be slightly be cheated.

There is some plant growing steps, which leads up to the last button you have to press. If you jump up those plant steps, you end up behind the button desk. Though, the Brute will demolish you in Legendary if you try to run and push the button.

What you can do, is to lure him closer to the edge while you are one step lower, and shotgun/sticky grenade him to death.

He was being really bastardly to me; no matter how many shots I'd put into him with anything, it seems that he'd cheat death.

StormEye

StormEye

That Brute has shield generator, so if you do not take care of him in time, his shield comes back. You also have to take off him helmet before you can make the headshot.

I was going to try and EMP stun then Grav Hammer him if nothing worked.

I tried EMPing him too; the problem was that I had no DMR/Pistol rounds remaining anywhere by the time I reached him, so I had nothing to kill him instantly. Sad

StormEye

StormEye

Ouch

I nearly crapped my pants the first time I fought the Elites on the first mission.

I actually appreciate fighting Elites again since Halo 2; they're actually challenging to fight, unlike Brutes.

StormEye

StormEye

The difference is that Brutes can be dealt with long term, while Elites need to be taken care of immediately.

In previous Halo, Brute's armour can be destroyed and left as is to be dealt with later, if there are too many to handle at a time. So you can remove multiple armour and come back when you have more ammo, or your shield is charged to finish them off.

Elites recharge their shield almost as quickly as the players do, so you cannot wait for the safety of shield recharge or gathering ammo. Once the shield goes down, you better take him out.

Though in Reach, some Brutes come with shield regenerator armour though.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Heroic Co-op was a Bitch Monument to all your Sins is going to Be stupid

Im not even sure i want to even attempt it

Even on heroic i was a Magnet for enemy fire with literally every enemy ignoring the 10 marines in front of them or the 3 Noble members just to focus on me

Elites are too hard imo they should either have had those Shields or the Rolling not both they bounce around like crazy and even on 10 Sensitivity i cant keep up with them

Not to mention every single enemy is an Expert Marksmen that can nail you from 300 Yards away

Fighting an Elite on Legendary is like fighting an Agent in the Matrix. They have a supernatural dodging ability. Just try to line up a headshot with a sniper rifle on one...

Beating the campaign on Legendary alone was a blast, though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum