http://www.speakeasyclinic.com

3Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-25, 14:51

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I will check it out tonight. I have the house to myself cheers

4Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-25, 15:41

Ante

Ante

Playing the demo right now. I will most definitely be buying this game, it mixes Fable and Skyrim style gameplay almost perfectly.

5Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-25, 16:17

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Ante wrote:Playing the demo right now. I will most definitely be buying this game, it mixes Fable and Skyrim style gameplay almost perfectly.

Thats a pretty ringing endorsement. I'm looking foreward to trying this just a little more now.

6Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-25, 16:47

VictimOfNada

It was fun but it didn't do anything particularly well.

The lock picking that they got from Fallout and Skyrim was much clunkier in KoA:R than in the "source material". The combat could have been a little more intuitive and fluid. The skills and such were generic.

That being said, I play these kind of games for the story. (I forced myself through Too Human just because I wanted to see the end of the story, and that game was a disaster of game design and implementation.) I can forgive the fact that it "stole" pretty much everything it does from other games, I can forgive that it uses everything it "stole" awkwardly... but only if it has a damned good story.

I will be waiting at least a month for the "new game smell" to wear off of this game and then get real opinions from people on whether this is good or not. I had some fun with the demo I just don't think anything in this game felt fresh or fluid.

Totally my opinion though.

7Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-25, 17:00

Chewy

Chewy

Do you unlock anything for exploring the whole 45 minutes? It froze for me...

The game was pretty decent but yeah nothing extremely outstanding. Audio was very glitchy for me too, if it was like that in the final build I definitely wouldn't buy it.

8Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-25, 17:23

Ante

Ante

The combat felt very fluid and intuitive for me. And some of the skills are very cool, imo. It's very over the top and flashy. Reckoning mode is awesome too.

The camera was a little frustrating to deal with at times, but that's my only major gripe.

9Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-25, 17:30

VictimOfNada

I didn't feel like it let me fluidly block or go to another enemy in mid combo like other games like this.

Forgot to mention that the menu system was cumbersome to deal with as well. Horribly designed. When you go to equip something it just took too much scrolling through way too much clutter.

The only thing that stands out in this game is the art style/graphics that they used. Animation was fairly decent.

Riz, the game locking up in the 45 minute free play portion seems like a pretty common occurrence from what I have read about it.

10Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-25, 17:42

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

If you play the whole 45 minutes then you unlock something for the full game and you unlock a Chakram launcher for ME3

11Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-25, 17:46

VictimOfNada

I still have to play the full 45 minutes for that. I knew there was something for going the distance of the free play but I didn't know it was a chakram launcher. Thanks Frost.

12Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-25, 17:47

Ante

Ante

VictimOfNada wrote:I didn't feel like it let me fluidly block or go to another enemy in mid combo like other games like this.

Forgot to mention that the menu system was cumbersome to deal with as well. Horribly designed. When you go to equip something it just took too much scrolling through way too much clutter.

The only thing that stands out in this game is the art style/graphics that they used. Animation was fairly decent.

Riz, the game locking up in the 45 minute free play portion seems like a pretty common occurrence from what I have read about it.

I had no problem with the menu UI either. Maybe it's different on PC.

13Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-25, 17:48

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Anyone have trouble with the rogues charge up move not doing any damage

14Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-25, 17:58

VictimOfNada

On PC the menu system wouldn't be as bad but with a controller... the menu system is horrible. I didn't realize you were playing it on PC Ante.

15Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-25, 18:04

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

One tiny thing I didnt like was the swords

I dont like big gaudy flashy swords I prefer a somewhat realistic longsword when it comes to my weapons

16Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-25, 18:10

VictimOfNada

I agree. The swords were... "gaudy" and a little slow so I ended up going with daggers. When I did my second playthrough I used magic and that seemed a little better though.

17Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-30, 16:37

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

im going to check this out tonight.

i looked at the Finesse skill tree and the longbows look pimping.

18Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-30, 22:05

infadel117

infadel117

i cant get the demo for a while do to time issues

19Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-30, 22:41

infadel117

infadel117

nvm i got it

its pretty dragon age-ish

20Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-30, 23:33

Admin

Admin

why use anything other than chakrams?

21Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-31, 00:01

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Personally the art style is what's keeping me from even trying it.

22Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-31, 00:02

Admin

Admin

honestly you dont even notice 5 mins into it.

23Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-31, 00:03

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Well I'd try it, but I still have 2 or 3 games I haven't finished and 3 brand new games I haven't even opened yet.

I should work on those first.

Ooooor.

Give a couple away as prizes!

24Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-31, 01:41

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Nobody sold freaking Chakrams on my game in 3 playthroughs Very Happy

25Kingdoms of Amalur Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur 2012-01-31, 15:40

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

my 360 froze 30 minutes in Sad
i think its on its last legs... or needs a clean Razz

but the game itself has improved a lot since i played it last night, mainly due to me being able to hear the damn characters (the text is hard to read on SDTVs like mine) and what im meant to do.

the controls are good for the main part, once you get used to them its easy to avoid enemies. the map takes getting used to as well, and the local map doesn't have a close enough zoom IMO.

the main thing i find odd about combat is that the bow uses X/Y and yet its targets are selected by RS, making selecting enemies while drawing a bow kind of awkward. plus from what i have found you can't fight with sword and shield, you only have one visually equipped at a time.

i'm interested to see what the post-release gameplay will be like, i hope they fix some of the more annoying choices they have atm.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum