4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

damn now I want a 3DS Razz

that's cool you can get that add-on so there's 2 analog sticks

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

They should have designed the 3DS that way in the first place.
Hopefully whoever made that call at Nintendo was fired and is now homeless.

MADEWITHROBOTS

MADEWITHROBOTS

Meh...I played the demo and didn't think much of it. The graphics are impressive for the 3DS, but amongst the neat effects and good environment work there are some shoddily modelled bodies/objects.

Also, viewed in 3D the anti-aliasing is pretty poor. With the 3D off, it actually looks considerably better.....but that kind of negates the point of playing on the 3DS in the first place.....

I didn't like the movement controls (although that's a Resi preference, as opposed to this specific game) and the Circle Pad Pro doesn't actually change them (it just enables free camera look, which is otherwise done on the touch screen).

The Genesis device (that hand scanner thing that shows hidden items) just seemed to artificially slow the game to a crawl. Rather than having all items glint in the traditional Resi way (where you still need to remain observant to find them all), the Genesis just means every new room you have to stop movement, switch to the device and then scan around the room..and you HAVE to do this, to ensure you have enough supplies to continue. It just adds extra, unneccesary steps that draw out the play time.

Speaking of the Circle Pad Pro, I absolutely fucking hate it.

It's bulky and it's ugly - and it smacks of a lack of foresight on Nintendo's part.

It's actually a large part of why I traded my 3DS in towards a Playstation Vita (the day after playing the Resi demo, no less).

With all that said, there was some stuff that I genuinely liked about the 3DS. But at the moment, there just aren't many games I'm interested in and it can't deliver the experience I want - and, truthfully, devs would be better off playing to it's strengths rather than trying to shoehorn 'traditional' experiences onto it.

At this point though, I thought it best to trade it in while it was still worth something (I traded it in for only £40 less than the price of a new one). I can see myself picking up another in a year or so, when there's a better catalogue of games and Nintendo have produced a revised model of the hardware with the dual sliders built in.

/end rant

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I played the demo and was not impressed. The graphics are amazing, but the gameplay was lacking for the 5 mins I tried it

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

apparently there's no zombies,only the same fish monsters over the over >__>

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

JrTapia1991 wrote:apparently there's no zombies,only the same fish monsters over the over >__>

Yeah, they are totally unimpressive. I really wasn't sure what they were supposed to be. Everything else on the game looks great. It's a shame really.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum