Metalzoic
Frostbyrn
Ante
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-13, 01:56

Ante

Ante

Holy fuck, I thought these were just weird dreams I was having, but apparently this shit is an actual thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome

Sometimes when I start to fall asleep I'll get this insanely loud ringing in my head and I feel like I'm paralyzed. I get those "flashes of light" too. No matter how many times it happens to me it always scares the everliving fuck out of me. It feels like it takes forever for me to "snap" out of it, too. Does this happen to anyone else?

2Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-13, 02:02

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Havent had one of those in ages

As a kid I thought I was getting abducted by aliens when it happened though

3Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-13, 02:33

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Weird. I didn't know this was an actual thing.

Occasionally I'll hear a super loud bang that wakes me right the fuck up. Sounds loud, like someone just fired a gun right next to my ear or an explosion happened right outside the window.

I always just figured I dreamed a gunshot and never put more thought into it than that.

Exploding head syndrome.. Ha!

4Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-13, 03:21

Duan

Duan

that is really weird

5Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-13, 09:54

Chewy

Chewy

I've had a deafening ringing suddenly occur when I was awake that was so loud that my equilibrium was fucked and I couldn't stand up straight, but I'm not sure if that was the same thing.

6Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-13, 11:34

unisyst

unisyst

I recently get the hearing voices (nothing crazy, just thinking that a family member is home when they're not). This is only when I'm half asleep in bed (just about to sleep or woken up). I think it's because I sleep in the day and don't have my new sleeping area blacked out like I used to at my old place.

I also got super excited thinking my grandmother's dog was visiting (Chino) cause I could hear his chain. So I got up fully woke up and then didn't hear it after and was disappointed Sad

7Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-13, 16:42

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

Fuck yeah I hate those....
I get stuff like that when im awake too. Like ill be fine, then its like "BAM", and my eyes flash, and then I have a headache for a while.
But in dreams ill have sequence dreams. These scared me to death as a kid, even sometimes now.
Its hard to explain them, but imagine two number lines going right at each other. The left one is moving really slowly, and the right is going fast. then it seems like they take forever to get to the center, but when they hit theres like a huge flash of light, and my head is just completely silent. And the the left on starts again, even slower, and it keeps happening.
I dont know if its anxiety or something, but its scary as hell. It shouldn't be though....
I think the scariest part is how long it takes to play out though. Basically, I know whats going to happen, and I want it to just happen and end.

8Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-13, 16:54

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Thats pretty fucking crazy. things like that make people believe they are being abducted by aliens and shit.

9Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-13, 16:58

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

I wish. I just couldnt sleep because of it. Now that Im older and stuff I think im going crazy Razz

10Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-13, 22:00

Siren

Siren

It happens to me too dude, all the time ><

11Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-14, 08:48

infadel117

infadel117

damit stop finding stuff that happens to me

12Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-14, 12:13

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Like ill be fine, then its like "BAM", and my eyes flash, and then I have a headache for a while.

This is a sign of a migraine, although it sounds like the pain part isn't really hitting you hard. Otherwise you wouldn't call it a headache.

It's how I know I'm getting one about 30 minutes before it hits.

-Usually get hot, like a flash fever all of a sudden, but it only lasts a couple seconds.
-A couple minutes later flashes in my visions that get actively worse for about 15 minutes, then fade away.
-10 minutes later a migrain that feels like someone is chainsawing open my head.

13Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-14, 12:23

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

Metalzoic wrote:
Like ill be fine, then its like "BAM", and my eyes flash, and then I have a headache for a while.

This is a sign of a migraine, although it sounds like the pain part isn't really hitting you hard. Otherwise you wouldn't call it a headache.

-Usually get hot, like a flash fever all of a sudden, but it only lasts a couple seconds.
-A couple minutes later flashes in my visions that get actively worse for about 15 minutes, then fade away.
-10 minutes later a migrain that feels like someone is chainsawing open my head.
this is what I get basically everyday. Idk, I just haven't beenable to stop them

14Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-14, 12:24

Ante

Ante

Metalzoic wrote:

It could be an acephalgic migraine. I know someone who has these.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acephalgic_migraine

15Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-14, 13:04

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Never heard of that. Good info Ante.
I only get them once every 3 to 6 months, but mine are full-blown wish you were dead migraines.

Bmm, If you don't get the bad headache then you may get what Ante posted. If you get them regularly then praise God that you don't get all of the pain along with them.

16Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-14, 16:01

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

Metalzoic wrote:Never heard of that. Good info Ante.
I only get them once every 3 to 6 months, but mine are full-blown wish you were dead migraines.

Bmm, If you don't get the bad headache then you may get what Ante posted. If you get them regularly then praise God that you don't get all of the pain along with them.
On a usual day like today, it starts as a headache. Its usually after school or at the end of school that they get real bad. But yeah, somedays they hurt so bad I wish I could just pass out. Usually Ill end up throwing up or something. I havnt had one of those for like a week or so, which is good. But Ive had some bad headaches that were on the verge of migraines lately.

17Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-14, 21:44

Duan

Duan

Izumi Twilight wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:

is there anything you don't have a link for ante?

18Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-14, 21:56

batonpass

batonpass

That has to be the coolest name for a health issue ever. Jussayin'

19Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-15, 00:03

Ante

Ante

OG Terry Plague wrote:
Izumi Twilight wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:

It's highly unlikely. Cool

20Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-15, 00:03

Duan

Duan

Izumi Twilight wrote:
OG Terry Plague wrote:
Izumi Twilight wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:

It's highly unlikely. Cool

i thought that might be your answer

21Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-15, 20:40

Duck

Duck

Sometimes I'll hear voices in my head, like I'm in a crowd but it's all the same person, and they're all yelling very loudly telling me to do something but I can't make out what it is. Sometimes at the same time I'll keep getting glitchy pictures of nonsense in my head.

22Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-15, 20:48

Pariah

Pariah

Thank you Mason.

Very Happy

23Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-15, 21:08

Duan

Duan

Darkwing Ducksaws wrote:Sometimes I'll hear voices in my head, like I'm in a crowd but it's all the same person, and they're all yelling very loudly telling me to do something but I can't make out what it is. Sometimes at the same time I'll keep getting glitchy pictures of nonsense in my head.

is it a leprechaun telling you to burn things?

24Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-15, 21:20

Duck

Duck

No, it's just manly and angry. I used to think it was satan when i was little.

25Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-15, 21:26

Duan

Duan

someone must get that reference.....

c'mon SeC

26Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-15, 21:27

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

OG Terry Plague wrote:someone must get that reference.....

c'mon SeC
It sounds familiar...

27Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-15, 21:30

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

BmmFlash wrote:

c'mon SeC
It sounds familiar...
Is it Ralph Wiggum?

28Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-15, 21:44

Pariah

Pariah

is it the movie Leprechaun?

29Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-15, 21:53

Duan

Duan

BmmFlash wrote:
BmmFlash wrote:

c'mon SeC
It sounds familiar...
Is it Ralph Wiggum?

Yes thank you Bmm

Wraith wrote:is it the movie Leprechaun?

no but those movies are amazing

30Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-15, 22:10

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

OG Terry Plague wrote:
BmmFlash wrote:
BmmFlash wrote:

c'mon SeC
It sounds familiar...
Is it Ralph Wiggum?

Yes thank you Bmm

Exploding Head Syndrome Kip----Yesss--napoleon-dynamite

Last edited by BmmFlash on 2012-02-15, 22:12; edited 1 time in total

31Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-15, 22:11

Duan

Duan

fail there man

32Exploding Head Syndrome Empty Re: Exploding Head Syndrome 2012-02-15, 22:13

BmmFlash