+2
Dropped Da Soap
The Adli Corporation
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-15, 17:04

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6A7ZJq9GclI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dem Cinematic Kills Very Happy

2Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-15, 17:12

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Is this an actual update?

3Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-15, 17:13

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

yes. its 1.5.

from: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62253387

Patch notes :

UPDATE 1.5 (all platforms unless noted)

NEW FEATURES

New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
Shadows on grass available (PC)
Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
Improved visual transition when going underwater
Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes

BUG FIXES

General crash fixes and memory optimizations
Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
In “A Cornered Rat,” the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion’s quests properly
Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
Fixed issue where “Rescue Mission” was preventing “Taking Care of Business” from starting properly
Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
Fixed issue in “Diplomatic Immunity” where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
In “Hard Answers,” picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
Killing Viola before or after “Blood on the Ice” no longer blocks progression
Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in “Blood on the Ice”
In “Waking Nightmare” fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
Fixed issue where the Headsman’s Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
In “A Night to Remember” it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow
Fixed issue with “The Wolf Queen Awakened” where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
In “Tending the Flames” King Olaf’s Verse will no longer disappear from explosions

4Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-15, 17:29

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

A reason to play Skyrim again? Cool. thanks for the info Adli, I never try the skyrim board.

5Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-15, 17:33

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Terry Corp. wrote:Cool. thanks for the info Adli, I never try the skyrim board.

Its GameFAQS after all, i know that feel Razz

6Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-15, 19:43

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Did they fix the resistance bug yet?

It's pretty much my one gripe.

7Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-15, 19:49

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

as far as i know, yes. my Redguard is running around with 85% Magic Resistance and 50% Frost Resistance Very Happy

8Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-16, 12:08

Duck

Duck

More like Skyrim 1.05.

Kill cams? This is literally the least fun thing they could have worked on. How about adding some depth to the combat?

9Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-16, 13:08

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

The combat isn't really an issue with me. My biggest gripe is the lack of equipment. I have never found a weapon that was worth using over a glass/ebony/deadric weapon. I have no reason to ever search chests or loot bodies. Its all junk.

10Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-16, 13:19

Duck

Duck

Yeah that too. Skyrim really killed dungeon crawling with smithing. I wish they would use a diablo style loot system, maybe less extreme, but don't just give every weapon the same stats.

Elder Scrolls games do a lot, but frequently I keep feeling unsatisfied at the end because the mechanics are all so shallow once you get past how big everything is.

11Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-16, 13:33

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Darkwing Ducksaws wrote:Elder Scrolls games do a lot, but frequently I keep feeling unsatisfied at the end because the mechanics are all so shallow once you get past how big everything is.

This. Over and over again

12Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-16, 13:39

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Darkwing Ducksaws wrote:Kill cams? This is literally the least fun thing they could have worked on. How about adding some depth to the combat?

the fans wanted it after seeing the GameJam video, and Bethesda gave it to them for free.

sure combat needs an overhaul, but i don't think Bethesda should be heavily criticized for giving a large number of fans what they want, for free.

13Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-16, 13:41

Duck

Duck

I'm loving Mass Effect though. The game feels very alive compared to Skyrim, because the world is so small it seems like there is a lot of detail in everything, the combat can be very strategic, and sci-fi is way cooler than medieval shit.

14Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-16, 13:45

infadel117

infadel117

medieval shit has more impact imo plus your just mad cause your xbox was confiscated

15Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-16, 13:47

Duck

Duck

the fans wanted it after seeing the GameJam video, and Bethesda gave it to them for free.

sure combat needs an overhaul, but i don't think Bethesda should be heavily criticized for giving a large number of fans what they want, for free.

Well if that's what people wanted, I guess that's good of Beth to do it. I guess I'm just alone in not caring about it. The only one I like is the one for arrows because I can never find bodies I shoot off of high places.

I can't understand how one of the most successful game developers ever, like Bethesda, can't at least make these animations look good. Make the weapons not clip out of the character model that they're stabbing and have them leave a mark like a hole in the armor.

16Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-16, 14:03

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Darkwing Ducksaws wrote:the fans wanted it after seeing the GameJam video, and Bethesda gave it to them for free.

Well if that's what people wanted, I guess that's good of Beth to do it. I guess I'm just alone in not caring about it. The only one I like is the one for arrows because I can never find bodies I shoot off of high places.

I can't understand how one of the most successful game developers ever, like Bethesda, can't at least make these animations look good. Make the weapons not clip out of the character model that they're stabbing and have them leave a mark like a hole in the armor.

i understand if it's not your thing, but imo its good of Bethesda to listen to the fans and see what they can do. there were a lot of things in the GameJam video and i assume that the Killcams were the most polished or tested thing they could put into the game. im still waiting on ambient screen occlusion and the new water flow shaders though Razz

that being said, i agree that some of the animations do have clipping issues. the most noticeable being the one where you stab them in the chest with a sword while behind them, that could do with more work.

17Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-16, 14:06

Duck

Duck

Yeah, the half assed animations just reinforce how terribly done everything else is done in the game. Not many games have magic, stealth, combat, dragons, quests, enchanting, alchemy, loot, and all of these other things, but none of them are done particularly well in Elder Scrolls games.

18Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-16, 14:22

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Darkwing Ducksaws wrote:Yeah, the half assed animations just reinforce how terribly done everything else is done in the game. Not many games have magic, stealth, combat, dragons, quests, enchanting, alchemy, loot, and all of these other things, but none of them are done particularly well in Elder Scrolls games.

i got bored of my 2H and SnS characters by level 20, the 2H combat is dull as hell.
Thief/Assassin builds are the only ones i get past level 30 Razz

i was also surprised at the lack of an Unarmed tree.
Hand to Hand was in Oblivion, and Unarmed is in Fallout as well (and is fun to play).

19Skyrim 1.5 Trailer Empty Re: Skyrim 1.5 Trailer 2012-03-16, 22:36

infadel117

infadel117

The Adli Corporation wrote:
Darkwing Ducksaws wrote:Yeah, the half assed animations just reinforce how terribly done everything else is done in the game. Not many games have magic, stealth, combat, dragons, quests, enchanting, alchemy, loot, and all of these other things, but none of them are done particularly well in Elder Scrolls games.

i got bored of my 2H and SnS characters by level 20, the 2H combat is dull as hell.
Thief/Assassin builds are the only ones i get past level 30 Razz

i was also surprised at the lack of an Unarmed tree.
Hand to Hand was in Oblivion, and Unarmed is in Fallout as well (and is fun to play).

said like a true viking Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum