Epyk MD
Ars Diaboli
Dropped Da Soap
19 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 01:28

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Ive only gone two days, Monday and Wednesday. But dear lord I hate it.

I know its good for me. But just those two days alone have made it nearly impossible to get out of bed in the mornings.
Ugh, and I am going in again tomorrow afternoon. I plan on going in for atleast 2 hours every other week day. And resting on Sat and Sunday. One, so I have to days for my muscles to rest, and two because its busy as hell there on weekends.

2Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 01:43

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

It's just the first week, o sometimes two. Been there.

And the nice thing, is that you sleep like a log because of it. 2 hours is a bit overkill if you're just starting, normally you start with 1 hour at most, and once you pick up steam and get beefier, that's when you pull out 2 hour routines.

But yeah, once those first weeks pass, you'll feel awesome. Your muscles feel pretty strong, regardless of your actual strenght. It's fucking boring as hell though... going with a companion is your best bet.

3Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 01:49

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I go for two hours because there is three of us that go.

And we all work on the same machines and exercises. So after the constant switching out, and short breaks in between. It works out enough.
Its not like I am there for two hours JUST working non stop.

4Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 02:13

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

you guys just going at it at random or do you have a rotating weekly routine?

5Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 02:21

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

We work out different parts every time we go. Monday it was Shoulders, chest and biceps.

Yesterday it was back, and legs. Tomorrow they want to do more chest exercises with some bi and triceps thrown in.

6Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 02:22

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Thumbs up

7Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 02:26

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Im sooooo dead though.
I am the only one of us that drives, and works. So just driving out of the parking lot at the end is pure torture.

But I know that like 9 months ago when I was working out on my own on a regular basis I felt amazing. But since I haven't done anything since July or August it all caught up to me.

Now I regret stopping for that long. Cause its majorly caught up to me. I hope to be atleast 10-15 pounds heavier in muscle by Summer, maybe even sooner. And to be able to bench more then.....*winces* 75 pounds.

I can lift 210 with my legs though....so that should somewhat redeem myself for the lack of my arm strength......right?

8Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 02:37

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

Siren Dropped Da Soap wrote: And to be able to bench more then.....*winces* 75 pounds.

I can lift 210 with my legs though....so that should somewhat redeem myself for the lack of my arm strength......right?

I'm the same way, I have terrible upper body strength but my legs are pretty strong.

9Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 02:41

Duan

Duan

8 years of road cycling have given me some nice leg strength

*rubs thighs*

10Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 03:23

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Duan wrote:8 years of road cycling have given me some nice leg strength

*rubs thighs*

yeah I used to do a shit ton of cycling and my legs were pretty damn strong I could leg press 400+ pounds. This was back in early high school. My job is fairly leg intensive so I probably still have most of that if not maybe they're even stronger but my upper body strength is a bit lacking...my job probably helps somewhat as well heaving 10-20 kg cases up over my head all the time.

but yeah stick with it soap and eventually you'll hardly get sore at all. I worked out pretty intensely for a year straight and by the end of it I could workout everyday pretty much. Different parts mind you but still. You get kind of addicted to it. If I were to start up again it would probably take me a week just to recoup after one workout which is why I've always avoided starting back up. I'd no doubt be useless at work.

11Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 03:45

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You should join a laser tag league

Its like Gears of War but IRL you get pretty damn fit or pass out

And yeah I can lift about 25 with my left arm and 90 with my right Very Happy

12Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 06:56

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Yeah my left arm can lift like 20 pounds less then my right. Makes for some hard ass bench presses.

And I play Ultimate Frisbee every Saturday for two hours. So that gives me some fitness and endurance. And is probalby where most my leg strength comes in.

13Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 12:16

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I can bench like 150,never tried anything besides my legs but I walk everywhere or used to ride a bike.Never been to a gym or anything,doubt my rinky dink town has one

14Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 12:20

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I don't work, but my legs are pretty strong from soccer and drums. Double bass for the win.

15Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 13:45

Pariah

Pariah

I have about 7-9 hours of sword practice a week, fencing, drills or just mobility exercises, so I'm fine in this category. Spending an hour swinging around 3.5 feet of steel, your arms get strong fast. And then an hour every other day with agility and evasion drills, you get pretty fast. Love my workouts.

16Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 14:06

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Pariah wrote:I have about 7-9 hours of sword practice a week, fencing, drills or just mobility exercises, so I'm fine in this category. Spending an hour swinging around 3.5 feet of steel, your arms get strong fast. And then an hour every other day with agility and evasion drills, you get pretty fast. Love my workouts.

Are you training to be a vampire slayer?

17Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 14:21

Pariah

Pariah

No, I just love swordsmanship.

18Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 16:19

I love me the gym. Im kind of a meat head in that way lol.

19Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 16:30

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Siren Dropped Da Soap wrote:Yeah my left arm can lift like 20 pounds less then my right. Makes for some hard ass bench presses.

I was joking dude

Give righty a rest man he isnt a machine

20Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 16:31

Frostbyrn wrote:
Siren Dropped Da Soap wrote:Yeah my left arm can lift like 20 pounds less then my right. Makes for some hard ass bench presses.

I was joking dude

Give righty a rest man he isnt a machine

Ugh....I hate the gym. 2855922021

21Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 17:11

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Dats durty.

22Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-23, 19:25

Duck

Duck

Princess Mollestia wrote:Im sooooo dead though.
I am the only one of us that drives, and works. So just driving out of the parking lot at the end is pure torture.

But I know that like 9 months ago when I was working out on my own on a regular basis I felt amazing. But since I haven't done anything since July or August it all caught up to me.

Now I regret stopping for that long. Cause its majorly caught up to me. I hope to be atleast 10-15 pounds heavier in muscle by Summer, maybe even sooner. And to be able to bench more then.....*winces* 75 pounds.

Yeah soap, you gotta work on that... I haven't worked out in three years and I can still bench more than 75 pounds. A few months in the gym and you should overcome that.

23Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 02:12

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I am I am!!!

24Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 06:53

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

i recently started going back to the gym too. Never really used to go...played sports and army training got me some what in shape...than europe killed that.

But yeah 1 hour before classes and then an hour after 4 days a week.

Monday - upper body
Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - Arms
Thursday - back plus some arms

It sucks but its nice.

25Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 12:22

Chewy

Chewy

I don't even want to know how much I can bench now. If I would have kept it up since high school I could probably bench like 2321 pounds given my rate of improvement, but since I haven't done any weight training in about 7 years it's probably down to just 20 pounds.

I've been running recently though so I'm not in terrible shape anymore.

26Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 13:17

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

I cant run worth shit but by the end of the summer I plan to change that. Especially if I want to continue being a reservist. My overall goal is to do the spartan sprint next summer here in Ontario/Quebec. I think the SeC should start a team for the Spartan Sprint(s)

27Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 14:11

Before my injury I was benching 320 in reps of 5-7. Now my bench is down to 280. A year and a half will do that to you haha. I currently weigh 230 so still 50 pounds more than my body weight. Not to bad I guess.

28Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 14:13

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i stay in decent shape because i do sports. i recently started regularly working out. it always feels like leg days are the worst becuase of that morning after. it hits me so much harder than arms. look into protein shakes if you havent already, they take alot of the edge off and max your workout

also i im guessing you made an extra number there chewy, 2321 is literally a ton of weight

29Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 14:14

Yes Whey Protein is a must.

30Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 14:52

Chewy

Chewy

1fnbighen wrote:
also i im guessing you made an extra number there chewy, 2321 is literally a ton of weight

Nope. My calculations are accurate.

menacinglemon wrote:I cant run worth shit but by the end of the summer I plan to change that. Especially if I want to continue being a reservist. My overall goal is to do the spartan sprint next summer here in Ontario/Quebec. I think the SeC should start a team for the Spartan Sprint(s)
3 miles is way too much for me at the moment, I still have to push just to get 1.

31Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 14:56

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Chewy wrote:
3 miles is way too much for me at the moment, I still have to push just to get 1.

Thats why I am making it my goal for next summer. I have a bunch of friends/teachers entering the one out here in june.

32Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 18:24

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

Chewy wrote:
1fnbighen wrote:

Nope. My calculations are accurate.

Ugh....I hate the gym. NotSureIfSerious

33Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 18:30

Zillah

Zillah

EVERY DAY i tell myself that im going to start exercising/working out again. it was great last fall, i really need to start again.

34Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 18:32

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

I once thought about going to gym.

And then I was like, "Nah."

35Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 18:34

chunckylover53

I think the most i ever benced was like 180, but i was never into the gym thing too much. I just do some exercising at home a few times a day usually.

36Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 18:48

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

I work out at home too. every other day, go on a 2 1/2 mile jog then just basic work outs with a pair of 10 pound weights

37Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 19:40

I HATE cardio. it sucks so bad. I do it. But I do not like it.

38Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 20:18

batonpass

batonpass

I really need to start working out.

I look like a bundle of skin-colored sticks sewn into a humanoid pattern. Seriously.

39Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-24, 21:05

chunckylover53

Sym wrote:I HATE cardio. it sucks so bad. I do it. But I do not like it.

Sex is the best cardio Ugh....I hate the gym. 2855922021

40Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-25, 02:02

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

But you don't get that much cardio using just your hand.

41Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-25, 09:27

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

1fnbighen wrote:i stay in decent shape because i do sports. i recently started regularly working out. it always feels like leg days are the worst becuase of that morning after. it hits me so much harder than arms. look into protein shakes if you havent already, they take alot of the edge off and max your workout

Yeah I used to despise doing legs cause I would just totally kill mine. After my workout I'd have to be carefull when going up stairs cause my legs would just randomly give out and then the days after I'm walking all gimpy like.

42Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-25, 16:25

Roy Drage wrote:But you don't get that much cardio using just your hand.

HA!

43Ugh....I hate the gym. Empty Re: Ugh....I hate the gym. 2012-03-25, 16:27

Siren

Siren

Yeah well the gym hates you too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum