the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dead Rising 2 first impressions?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

So far so good. I only played about an hour though. There seems to be Soooooo many things to combine. I thought the 9 from Case zero was a lot. Pretty sweet.

Other than that, overall everything seems to be improved. It seems like all of the complaints from DR1 have been addressed. Though I still have a ways to go in the game.

I'd like to try co-op though. I'm really looking forward to this addition.

GT: MISTER ZOMBEE

D

If you're on tonight then we need to do some Co-op my man.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Suspect

Sounds good. I want to keep my single player campaign isolated. Can we start another game just for co-op?

D

As long as we're killing zombies I don't care how we do it lol.

Cool then. I'm looking forward to it!

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Mad

D

Twisted Evil

Sleep

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Your both off the christmas list! study

Aww... don't be that way.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HAHA I'm just an ass! It's all good!

santa Christmas for ALL! rendeer

For Christmas maybe I'll get Halo Reach. Razz

D

Just played so Reality Is Terror during my lunch break.

Was pretty fun despite the fact I didn't know what I was doing.

StormEye

StormEye

The time sensitiveness (this is my first DR) is a little annoying. I cannot push the side missions til later.

The weapons seem to be a little weak in durability, which there is some sort of way to increase durability which I do not know of.

Mindless zombie killing part is decent though.

I'm getting reach soon DL =]

D

StormEye wrote:The time sensitiveness (this is my first DR) is a little annoying. I cannot push the side missions til later.

The weapons seem to be a little weak in durability, which there is some sort of way to increase durability which I do not know of.

As you level up I believe one of the things you get is weapon durability increase.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Bla125 wrote:I'm getting reach soon DL =]

ok then.

StormEye

StormEye

Jules Winnfield wrote:
StormEye wrote:The time sensitiveness (this is my first DR) is a little annoying. I cannot push the side missions til later.

As you level up I believe one of the things you get is weapon durability increase.
Lovely

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:
Bla125 wrote:I'm getting reach soon DL =]

ok then.
You don't have to sound so excited.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I'm grumpy today.

Ya Bla is getting Reach.

Better?

Yes, and why are you grumpy? :[

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Lack of sleep probably. Sometimes in life you just get grumpy.

Yeah, I have actually been getting a lot more grumpy and stuff ever since I started taking Prozac like a month ago, don't know why it's making me feel worse.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I am kinda of anti drugs (sorry Mills) for anything. In my opinion they tend to just fuck you up worse. Been close to one person, and semi close to anther that took anti-depresents and then killed themselves. I'm not saying that drugs don;t have thjeir place but I just feel like Docters are way to quick to pull out that scipt pad!

Yea, I was taking Zoloft for 5 years and went up to 125mg and it did absolutely nothing, I would prefer not to take anything but my dad found out that I was depressed and stuff and he want me to get better.

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:I am kinda of anti drugs (sorry Mills) for anything. In my opinion they tend to just fuck you up worse. Been close to one person, and semi close to anther that took anti-depresents and then killed themselves. I'm not saying that drugs don;t have thjeir place but I just feel like Docters are way to quick to pull out that scipt pad!

Hey now, I don't sample the product. I support D.A.R.E.

I don't care if someone does something like weed, just as long as they aren't a total pot head and thats all they do.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HAHA I meant Im not a big fan of prescription drugs!

I knew what you meant lol but Mills brought it up haha.

We sell Pot and Cocaine here too. Very thin line between Perscription and illegal.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HAHA nice.

Hahaha lets get high on life!!!!

*gets shot*

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Stormeye you're doing it wrong man! Very Happy
My suggestion is: Take the instruction books advice and you'll enjoy it a whole lot more... trust me.

Page 15: Saving your game and then restarting at a higher level is a big part of Dead Rising 2. Leveling up and exploring Fortune city before attempting to get through the main story will allow you to enjoy the game much more.

This is the truth!.
Don't worry about the case files (just make sure to give katy her shot) missing one doesn't end the game. Wander, explore, fight psychos and learn the timing of events.

I don't even worry about saving and haven't reloaded once, I just re-start (You keep all money/experience/special items & keys etc...). Explore.

You'll learn the timing on survivors and what order to get them in.
Learn where all the different items/magazines can be found.
Learn the shortcuts and hidden areas.
Discover and learn combo weapons early.
Find the environmental challenges for big money and PP.
Gain massive money and experience.
...And a bunch of fun not worrying about time. If you get to a case file great, if not just keep playing and don't reload.

Once you know all that the timing on the case files is easy. You'll be a way higher level. Have way more options. Have way more fun.

Very Happy

Oh yeah, certain magazines enhance weapon durability, power etc... You'll find them when you take my advice. Wink

D

Just finished a few hour session and yeah, restarting is where it's at.

Save a few of the survivors that are close to the beginning and then start over again, I'm up to level 12 already and would be higher if not for a... let's just say a mishap lol.

D

On nice I wasn't sure about the case files so I was making sure to complete them all. Know that I know you don't have to do em that takes a lot of pressure off.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Exactly! Very Happy You can hop up a couple levels before noon the first day if you learn where to go and what to use.
Once you do it a couple times you'll learn the timing of events so well that it feels like you have all the time in the world between events/survivors.

That's how it's meant to be played!

Case files: Seriously don't really worry about them. If you get further in the story fine, but if you miss one just explore, find survivors, go looking for awesome shit. Then re-start able to get that awesome shit within a couple minutes!

EDIT: forgot to mention I love this fucking game. Can't wait to co-op with the detectives and Storm3ye!

Last edited by Metalzoic on 2010-09-30, 00:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because this game kicks ass cheeks.)

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I might get it next month with Birthday money

Spoiler:

D

Vincent Vega wrote:
Spoiler:

LOL one of my coworkers was telling me the same thing about this part.

Spoiler:

D

Spoiler:

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Is that a story spoiler. The urge to click it is great, but I must resist!

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I clicked and they are asking about certain charaters they have founght and can not kill. It dosn;t look like there are any storyline spoilers.

D

Resist the urge!!

Mild spoiler. But I hid it just in case.

http://segmentnext.com/2010/09/27/dead-rising-2-combo-cards-location-guide/

This is a list of some combinations. Not sure if it's all of them. I'm going to try them out later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum