Duck
Metalzoic
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-18, 22:51

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Was just announced today. A couple hours ago actually and I have to say
that I plan on buying at least 1 the second it hits stores.

That is all.

2Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Re: Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-19, 13:23

Duck

Duck

the dean of engineering at UNH talked about this today at orientation.

3Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Re: Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-19, 15:32

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Looks pretty sweet. How much does one of those run do you think?

4Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Re: Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-19, 17:37

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

I can definitely see myself getting a Surface Pro. Looks like it has everything I've ever complained about other tablets lacking.
I bet it's going to be in the iPad's price range for the Windows RT version, and then more expensive for the Pro.

5Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Re: Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-19, 23:44

grader

grader

Alot of people are talking about this,I dont know much about these things but everybody is really impressed.If Microsoft prices this right they'll have a hit.

6Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Re: Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-19, 23:51

Zillah

Zillah

yeah it looks neat, ive only heard good things about it. Plus I really like the Windows Mobile OS and this is supposed to be very similar to it

7Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Re: Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-20, 00:19

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Shaymojack wrote:I can definitely see myself getting a Surface Pro. Looks like it has everything I've ever complained about other tablets lacking.

Same here. I have been holding out on getting a couple tablets for the house etc...
I was holding out because some Android stuff I love, some iPad stuff I love, but neither had everything all together.
This Surface looks like it has it all.

I'm guessing it will be priced around iPad pricing. I don't care, I already know this is the one I'm getting for sure.

8Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Re: Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-20, 09:16

Pariah

Pariah

Granted, it looks really sleek and nice. Not sure how it'll work, but I'm actually impressed.

Post a review of it when you get one Metal?

9Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Re: Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-20, 16:55

My PC > Whatever they put into this tablet

No thanks. Its a cool piece of tech and all, just not something I need or want.

Just my .02 cents

10Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Re: Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-20, 17:12

Pariah

Pariah

Sym wrote:most every PC > Whatever they put into this tablet
you can take this attitude with every tablet man. but as a mobile, stand-alone piece of tech, it's not that bad.

11Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Re: Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-20, 17:20

Pariah wrote:
you can take this attitude with every tablet man. but as a mobile, stand-alone piece of tech, it's not that bad.

Read the rest of my post

12Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Re: Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-20, 17:24

Pariah

Pariah

Sym wrote:
Pariah wrote:

Read the rest of my post
not attacking you or any, just pointing out.

13Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Re: Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-20, 17:28

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Tablets have their place. They are a great business tool, and also something that works well for people that don;t need a cumbersome PC. If all a person does is browse the web, shop on amazon, and email some friends a tablet is perfect! And very portable.

14Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Re: Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-20, 17:34

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Tablets have their place. They are a great business tool, and also something that works well for people that don;t need a cumbersome PC. If all a person does is browse the web, shop on amazon, and email some friends a tablet is perfect! And very portable.

This is true. But its also true this could be applied to netbooks, which are substantially cheaper than a tablet of any kind.

15Microsoft Surface tablet. Empty Re: Microsoft Surface tablet. 2012-06-20, 21:08

Duck

Duck

A tablet is basically just a touch screen netbook. Very big cool factor but not so much for usefulness.

They're nowhere as bad as ultrabooks though. Pay 1000 dollars for a laptop that can't do anything but look thin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum