SWTOR is going Free To Play.

+4
Ante
chunckylover53
Pariah
The Adli Corporation
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SWTOR is going Free To Play. Empty SWTOR is going Free To Play. 2012-07-31, 20:24

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/31/swtor-free/#more-118338

Not surprising. Game was a ghost town last time I logged in.

Pariah

Pariah

WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only part that detracted me was the fee!

chunckylover53

Terrible, MMO's with no monthly subscriptions usually end up with billions of nessciary if you want to compete microtransactions.

Ante

Ante

This game gets stale after the first few hours anyways. Steer clear, imo.

chunckylover53

I feel physically sick when i think of playing an MMO again.

Gary Effin' Oak.

Gary Effin' Oak.

I wanted to try FF11 in its day. I am ashamed.

chunckylover53

Gary Effin' Oak. wrote:I wanted to try FF11 in its day. I am ashamed.

It's still going and they're comeing up with another expansion. It was pretty cool but it's very group focused can't really do anything unless you have atleast 3 other people with you. Apparently the way it is now you can solo a lot of stuff.

Pariah

Pariah

Ante wrote:This game gets stale after the first few hours anyways. Steer clear, imo.

I remember you were promoting this a little back when it was coming out Ante. Could you give us a little in-depth on it?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I always wanted to try it out

Ante

Ante

Pariah wrote:
Ante wrote:This game gets stale after the first few hours anyways. Steer clear, imo.

I remember you were promoting this a little back when it was coming out Ante. Could you give us a little in-depth on it?

I'm really bad at explaining stuff like this...

The first few hours are amazing because it feels like such a departure from your standard MMO experience. It's great. The Star Wars universe is interesting and Bioware always does a good job of imparting lore into a game world. However, it gets more and more apparent the longer you play that they just copy and pasted so much of the gameplay experience for each area. By the time I was on my 3rd planet (the equivalent of zones) I already felt the usual "MMO grind" starting to kick in. It was offset a little by the dialogue system and the decent story, but the other expected MMO elements are just awfully implemented. I've never seen a game with worse PvP, ever. The few instances I managed to group up for were boring 30 minute sessions of tank and spank. Crafting balance is just.... ugh. There's just so much wrong with the game I can't even begin to explain it all.

It doesn't do anything good, and it does hardly anything new.

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

I am so excited about this...I love SWTOR, but I don't play enough to justify paying monthly for it. Plus, Ehat and I both have the collector's edition so it looks like we'll get some decent bonuses from that.

Honestly, that's the only MMO I've ever been able to play regularly for more than a month or two. WoW came close, but it got boring after awhile and I just did crafting. I couldn't tell you whether I agree with the PvP though, as I generally don't do PvP.

Pariah

Pariah

Ante wrote:

I'm really bad at explaining stuff like this...

The first few hours are amazing because it feels like such a departure from your standard MMO experience. It's great. The Star Wars universe is interesting and Bioware always does a good job of imparting lore into a game world. However, it gets more and more apparent the longer you play that they just copy and pasted so much of the gameplay experience for each area. By the time I was on my 3rd planet (the equivalent of zones) I already felt the usual "MMO grind" starting to kick in. It was offset a little by the dialogue system and the decent story, but the other expected MMO elements are just awfully implemented. I've never seen a game with worse PvP, ever. The few instances I managed to group up for were boring 30 minute sessions of tank and spank. Crafting balance is just.... ugh. There's just so much wrong with the game I can't even begin to explain it all.

It doesn't do anything good, and it does hardly anything new.

this is exactly what I was looking for, thanks man.

Duan

Duan

Yep saw that coming a mile off

I liked it. Had alot of fun in it with my buddy. Probably played close to 170 hours. Enough to reach level cap and them some.

But I quit playing for a few reasons.

- Zero end game
- The grind was terrible leveling
- Worlds are to big with to little activity in them( Tattoine? Wtf it was huge and we only spend 10 hours there?)
- PVP was garbage

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum