chunckylover53
Dropped Da Soap
HydrasBreath ♜
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

So I managed to kill my old phone that was on it's last legs. I got up and it flew out of my pocket and when it hit the ground the screen went one way and the phone the other so I'm now in the market for a new phone.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I refuse to buy an iPhone so what else is good as far as smart phones go?

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I have like a 30 dollar android knockoff that completely sucks at everything but calling and messaging.

chunckylover53

Almost anything HTC makes is a good choice. I have a galaxy s3 myself.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

chunckylover53 wrote:Almost anything HTC makes is a good choice. I have a galaxy s3 myself.

I was looking at maybe getting the S3...how is it?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Jellybean is better than Ice Cream Sandwich Very Happy

chunckylover53

HydrasBreath wrote:
chunckylover53 wrote:Almost anything HTC makes is a good choice. I have a galaxy s3 myself.

I was looking at maybe getting the S3...how is it?

Well i like it(my first smartphone), it's going to be expensive since it's the latest and greatest.

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

I actually have hated every HTC I've had. Android phones are so glitchy. iPhone all the way!

LoL Iphone

Bah

Your still cool though Mrs Hat

Last edited by Sym on 2012-09-05, 18:10; edited 1 time in total

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You disgust me maam

chunckylover53

It's pretty wild.. I was in class yesterday and almost everyone there had an Iphone, and me with my superior S3.

Everyone has Apple because its " cool "

Its gross

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

I still have a flip-phone, fuck the haters.

chunckylover53

I do miss my keyboard phone a little bit, mostly because it was small(easy to fit in the pocket) and easy to send a text really quick.. Having internet is cool though.

Ive got a regular phone right now. Not working so dont have the money for a data plan.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

MEGA MILK wrote:I still have a flip-phone, fuck the haters.

Well what carrier are you on and what is your price range? Can you wait two or three months?

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

yeah my old phone was a dumb phone (as in not a smart phone Razz ) it had a slide out keyboard and the top part with the screen was no longer attached to the bottom of the phone the only thing keeping it on was the wires hooked up to the screen and those broke when I dropped it.

I figure I might as well join the rest of the 21st century and get a smart phone. It would be convenient to have a decent camera, phone and music player all in one device.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Tom wrote:Well what carrier are you on and what is your price range? Can you wait two or three months?

I'm in Canada so the carriers will be different. I'm currently with Rogers but they've screwed me over on my bill a few times so I'm just gonna buy out the rest of my contract and go with a different carrier. I've been quite unsatisfied with their service.

My budget is pretty much unlimited. I want to get something decent that I won't be sick of/end up hating in a years time.

And no I need a new one ASAP...I'll probably go get something tomorrow if I can.

Well honestly the shelf life of a smart phone isnt a whole lot longer than 1 year.

Kinda sucks

I worked for Tmobile for years, and Ive seen it happen so many times.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Well honestly the shelf life of a smart phone isnt a whole lot longer than 1 year.

Kinda sucks

I worked for Tmobile for years, and Ive seen it happen so many times.

Can you elaborate a bit? Do you mean in terms of obsolescence? Or people break them after a year?

In my experience both lol

Plus Ive never had a smart phone run good for more than a year. After that they start to get bogged down with new OS updates and stuff like that.

Still a good investment, as long as you know you wont have the phone for 3-4 years.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:In my experience both lol

Plus Ive never had a smart phone run good for more than a year. After that they start to get bogged down with new OS updates and stuff like that.

Still a good investment, as long as you know you wont have the phone for 3-4 years.

I'm kinda bad for squeezing everything I can out of something before shelling out for a new one. Like my old phone...the screen has been hanging by the wires for months...maybe even close to a year.

I really don't want to get locked into a three year contract. Did that with my old phone...never again. But I don't want to be buying a new phone every year either...that seems pretty excessive to me.

Yea find a company with two year contracts.

That way you can get a discount on a new phone every two years, which is about how I try to do it.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Get the S III. Dooo it.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Epyk wrote:Get the S III. Dooo it.

I assume you have it? what's been your experience with it? Any good/bad stuff I should know?

Duck

Duck

Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy S3. Galaxy Nexus is the official Google phone at the the moment (anything with "nexus" in the name is a google flagship phone) meaning it should get the best support (which doesn't mean much if your carrier doesn't feel like distributing updates coughverizoncough). The Galaxy S3 is very similar to the Galaxy Nexus but it's got a couple hardware improvements like screen, camera, and being able to beam people photos and shit if you touch your S3 to theirs.

I would wait to see if the iPhone 5 is any good though. its supposed to be out sometime soon iirc

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I refuse to buy apple so I don't care if the next iPhone can cause the second coming of Jesus...I don't want it.

Duck wrote:Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy S3. Galaxy Nexus is the official Google phone at the the moment (anything with "nexus" in the name is a google flagship phone) meaning it should get the best support (which doesn't mean much if your carrier doesn't feel like distributing updates coughverizoncough). The Galaxy S3 is very similar to the Galaxy Nexus but it's got a couple hardware improvements like screen, camera, and being able to beam people photos and shit if you touch your S3 to theirs.

I would wait to see if the iPhone 5 is any good though. its supposed to be out sometime soon iirc

I will say that the s3 is definitely a good choice, but the galaxy nexus is quite outdated now. Plus the next nexus (or nexi) phone(s) will be released in a month or 2.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

I have the nexus. But I had a hard on for the S III demo they had out.

Is the S3 the on with the gigantic fucking screen?

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Is the S3 the on with the gigantic fucking screen?

Yeah 4.8 inches.

Gary Effin' Oak.

Gary Effin' Oak.

Ive had my Galaxy S since like...'10 and it still works. Just dont be too hard on it and it could potentially last a while. Just expect your phone to be cool for like 6 months...then get shit on by the updated version.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Tom wrote:
Duck wrote:Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy S3. Galaxy Nexus is the official Google phone at the the moment (anything with "nexus" in the name is a google flagship phone) meaning it should get the best support (which doesn't mean much if your carrier doesn't feel like distributing updates coughverizoncough). The Galaxy S3 is very similar to the Galaxy Nexus but it's got a couple hardware improvements like screen, camera, and being able to beam people photos and shit if you touch your S3 to theirs.

I will say that the s3 is definitely a good choice, but the galaxy nexus is quite outdated now. Plus the next nexus (or nexi) phone(s) will be released in a month or 2.

Do you have any other recommendations for me to look at other than the S3?

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

NO.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

But in all seriousness. I love the nexus . And before that has the Droid 2 for close to 3 years with out a single issue.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Ok been doing research and I can get an S3 for 150$ with no fixed contract from virgin mobile. Seems like a pretty decent deal.

I'll probably go that route.

Epyk wrote:But in all seriousness. I love the nexus . And before that has the Droid 2 for close to 3 years with out a single issue.

I have a nexus s and I also love it. Was going to upgrade it but I bought a nexus 7 instead.

HydrasBreath wrote:
Tom wrote:

Do you have any other recommendations for me to look at other than the S3?

One x is also pretty good, but other than that I do not have any more recommendations right now.

Zillah

Zillah

im probably going to get the iphone 5 in a couple weeks

*shrug*

chunckylover53

Zillah wrote:im probably going to get the iphone 5 in a couple weeks

*shrug*

We hate you

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

I DONT HATE THE IPHONE FOR THE SAKE OF IT BEING APPLE. (CAPS)
i just didnt like the os.

chunckylover53

Epyk wrote:I DONT HATE THE IPHONE FOR THE SAKE OF IT BEING APPLE. (CAPS)
i just didnt like the os.

You're suppose to join in on the zillah hate

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

FUCK YOU ZILLAH!

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

FUCK ZILLAH"S IPHONE!

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

FUCK ZILLAH WITH HIS IPHONE!

chunckylover53

I am gonna rub it against my penis.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

chunckylover53 wrote:I am gonna rub it against my penis.

fuck...so I need some recommendations for one of those new fangled smart phones Going-Too-Far-anime-31246039-600-480

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Pic is broken. And Gilgy, I call dibs on it after you finish.

chunckylover53

Kurz wrote:Pic is broken. And Gilgy, I call dibs on it after you finish.

You'll get diseased if you do...

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

...wtf is up with site tonight?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum