New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Mesa will be released in 8 hours

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

So many games this month, so little time. I am unsure if it will launch on steam in 8 hours even though it was approved in steam greenlight.

Yea Ill play this eventually. I just beat Half life 1 again at the beginning of the year so Im not super excited to play it again.

Sym wrote:Yea Ill play this eventually. I just beat Half life 1 again at the beginning of the year so Im not super excited to play it again.

As did I but from what I have read this has taken some liberties and changed the game in some ways.

Yea I might play it tomorrow just for something new to play. Getting kinda burnt out on GW2 for now.

Weekend is football time, and Monday is BL2

Chewy

Chewy

Tom wrote:
Sym wrote:Yea Ill play this eventually. I just beat Half life 1 again at the beginning of the year so Im not super excited to play it again.

As did I but from what I have read this has taken some liberties and changed the game in some ways.

Hmm, I wonder what they did to it. Now I gotta play it to find out.

I still have Crysis 2 and JC2 to beat though... and then BL2 is coming out... dammit games just chill out for a while.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I'm gonna try this on the GFs laptop. Its been forever since I have played Half life

Chewy

Chewy

Does anyone know if this just uses the Source SDK or am I gonna have to buy Episode 2 or something?

I think if you have one Source game you can run it

Im trying to DL it now but the site is being a bitch

Extracting now

Sym wrote:Extracting now

I am at 70% for my download, so slow lol

I played it for about 40 minutes

Damn awesome!

They really did change alot

Wow they really did it. Black Mesa Not only looks amazing, but from what I have played the changes they have made have improved the game greatly.

https://imgur.com/a/Eo6rD#0

Sooo Im having issues here

I DL'd the game, and even played it.....now the game doesn't exist in my library, and I have to re download it to play.....Im at a loss

Black Mesa doesn't even exist on my PC and I've installed it twice.

Sym wrote:Sooo Im having issues here

I DL'd the game, and even played it.....now the game doesn't exist in my library, and I have to re download it to play.....Im at a loss

Had this same issue. Go to your steamapps folder, and then into sourcemods. See if black mesa is in its own folder, or if all of the game contents are just in the sourcemods folder.

Tom wrote:

Had this same issue. Go to your steamapps folder, and then into sourcemods. See if black mesa is in its own folder, or if all of the game contents are just in the sourcemods folder.

Still not working......

Its not making any sense.

I made its own folder upon install just for this game when I did it the 2nd time just to test this.

Still nothing in there. Ive booted and played the game twice, but can only access it after a fresh install.

So very strange...

Sym wrote:
Tom wrote:

Still not working......

Its not making any sense.

I made its own folder upon install just for this game when I did it the 2nd time just to test this.

Still nothing in there. Ive booted and played the game twice, but can only access it after a fresh install.

So very strange...

Well if it does have its own folder under steamapps\sourcemods then all you need to do is reboot steam and it will be in your library.

Chewy

Chewy

I'll have it in 12 hours... Damn slow torrent...

I should have been more clear

I prompted it myself, made the folder myself in the source mods folder. TO make sure 100% it would go in the correct place. No dice still.

I go through the install process, put the game on my D drive, boot it up upon completion( or not, I tried both ). Restart Steam, and its still not in my library OR anywhere in my Steam folder.......

Im really at a loss for words right now....Ive now done this a total of three times...

Sym wrote:I should have been more clear

I prompted it myself, made the folder myself in the source mods folder. TO make sure 100% it would go in the correct place. No dice still.

I go through the install process, put the game on my D drive, boot it up upon completion( or not, I tried both ). Restart Steam, and its still not in my library OR anywhere in my Steam folder.......

Im really at a loss for words right now....Ive now done this a total of three times...

Black Mesa can only be installed under steam\steamapps\sourcemods\(black mesa folder). It can not be installed anywhere else. After the game is installed in the correct spot, you must exit out of steam and restart it for the mod to show up in your library.

Let me try that

Why would it let me even play it if its in the wrong spot?

Sym wrote:Let me try that

Why would it let me even play it if its in the wrong spot?

Because the game can most likely only be launched either trough the launcher or steam.

I dont know wtf is happening.

In my sourcemods folder now all I have is the installer after doing the install itself.....darn this is annoying.

I might delete it and re download the whole thing over again from a different source.

Chewy

Chewy

So I've played the game quite a bit so far... pretty damn good remake.

Not flawless though, as there are a few annoying glitches.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum