Finally got the ethernet at my university to work

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2205014080.png

Chewy

Chewy

That you're the host I would think.

That means so much pron for you

StormEye

StormEye

Chewy wrote:That you're the host I would think.

Jar~

It usually means that you do not have any latency associated with communication for your program to run. Though, if you are running it off of your machine as a host, it would induce more lag on others who join into your machine, rather than having an actual server that has dedicated itself on managing traffic, and on top of that a regular household connectivity won't even be suitable for any type of decent hosting anyway.

Unless, of course, you are just going to run something simple like Ventrilo or TeamSpeak servers. In the past, when I was in the team, my teammate had setup a server at home for Ventrilo or TeamSpeak, and had our website running off of it.

Duck

Duck

Yeah that's what I though but I'm obviously not the host. Someone on campus must have a server

StormEye

StormEye

No, even if you have a server in your room (which is separate from the terminal you are using) there should be something more than "-", unless the program that you are using is ignoring anything between 0~1 ping.

EDIT: Whenever I attended LAN events, I had 5ms minimum.

Duck

Duck

Well I'm definitely not hosting a server... there was another guy on the other side whose ping was also "-". Maybe my BF3 was messing up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum