New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[BL2] how viable is Axton for sniping?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

so i chose Axton 'cause turrets are awesome, but then i got given a sniper rifle... which is kinda awesome too. didnt expect to enjoy sniping this much. im not that great in CQB at the moment, need more practice.

should i switch to Zer0 and get a bunch of snipey type skills or should i carry on as Axton so i have the turret for when i need to CQB?

StormEye

StormEye

Any character can snipe.

Its just that Zero gets the most critical bonuses, through skills, which makes him the best character for critical shots. Its not that other characters suck at sniping, but its more of getting more or less benefits for using a sniper rifle, and hitting the critical area.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i have 80 longshot kills so far, 70 of which were headshots Razz

im only level 7, so a reroll wont lose too much time Razz

StormEye

StormEye

This is the order that I have found characters to be most fun to least fun.

Axton
Maya

Absolute Void

Zer0
Salvadore=Geige

Pariah

Pariah

Zer0 is the best for sniping due to critical hits and such, but Axton can snipe just fine.

I've always liked Zer0, his cunning tree is really fun to play with.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

the only thing i will mention about sniping with axton is sometimes its hard to find headshots when the turret is shooting the same target. those numbers get in the way

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Ferris wrote:the only thing i will mention about sniping with axton is sometimes its hard to find headshots when the turret is shooting the same target. those numbers get in the way

i havent had to use my turret when sniping yet Smile
im sticking with Axton, might play Zer0 if i decide to play it again down the line.

how do you get regenerating ammo? i saw it in a few youtube videos, is that a class mod or something?

Pariah

Pariah

The Adli Corporation wrote:
Ferris wrote:the only thing i will mention about sniping with axton is sometimes its hard to find headshots when the turret is shooting the same target. those numbers get in the way

i havent had to use my turret when sniping yet Smile
im sticking with Axton, might play Zer0 if i decide to play it again down the line.

how do you get regenerating ammo? i saw it in a few youtube videos, is that a class mod or something?

I know there's a lot of class mods for it for the zerker, maybe a absord shield?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

ill keep an eye on shields and mods Smile

it would be very handy to have a regenerating sniper rifle. i often run out of bullets, but i bought some extra ammo capacity at the black market so that should help a little Smile

Pariah

Pariah

Yeah, I've had a huge problem with ammo since I made x25 damage guns that take 9 ammo a shot. I need to mod the ammo pools.

I snipe with Axton all the time

StormEye

StormEye

The Adli Corporation wrote:how do you get regenerating ammo? i saw it in a few youtube videos, is that a class mod or something?

1. Absorb shield
2. Salvadore Gunzerking
3. Salvadore class mod, Team bullet regeneration
4. There are weapon characteristic and skills that adds bullets randomly once in a while.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

well, google says Axton doesn'y have a regen mod. guess ill keep an eye out for absorb shields then Sad

StormEye

StormEye

Are you sure you were not watching a video where someone was playing with another person using Salvadore?

I ALWAYS use bullet regeneration class mod when playing Salvadore, so that EVERYONE in the team benefits from it.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

StormEye wrote:Are you sure you were not watching a video where someone was playing with another person using Salvadore?

I ALWAYS use bullet regeneration class mod when playing Salvadore, so that EVERYONE in the team benefits from it.

probably. i dont like Salvadore very much though, ill stick with Axton Smile

StormEye

StormEye

The Adli Corporation wrote:probably. i dont like Salvadore very much though, ill stick with Axton Smile

Jar~

Probably a good choice.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

that ammo regen class mod is sooooo handy to have.

Might get the season pass,kinda feeling BL2 again,I just needed to take some time off of it

Pariah

Pariah

The torgue DLC was worth it just because Mr. Torgue made me laugh myself hoarse.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

im not a fan of Torgue weapons, but Mr Torgue is awesome. i have a Maliwan Sniper Rifle atm, i love it so m uch Very Happy

StormEye

StormEye

The Adli Corporation wrote:im not a fan of Torgue weapons, but Mr Torgue is awesome. i have a Maliwan Sniper Rifle atm, i love it so m uch Very Happy

Torgue shotgun is pretty darn awesome.

And Torgue will always be in my hearts for giving me first legendaries. One Legendary Assault Rifle and one Legendary Grenade Mod.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum