New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

So i just got XCOM enemy unknown.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chunckylover53

Got it yesterday and so far i am likeing it but i feel a little lost...

Any general tips? I've already had a few countries leave me. I just got past the bomb defuseing mission, i have the max squad members allowable and i have them all equipped with the blue armor (forget what its called.)

Get carapace armor as soon as possible

Youll probably have to restart a few times.

The beginning of the game is the hardest, and most important.

What are you struggling with?

chunckylover53

Sym wrote:Get carapace armor as soon as possible

Youll probably have to restart a few times.

The beginning of the game is the hardest, and most important.

What are you struggling with?

Yeah that's what i have carapace on everyone. I have reloaded a past save a few times.

I am having a lot of panic zones and not much i can do about it? I've already had a few countries back out i guess that means they're gone for good?

They are gone for good yes

A general rule of thumb is do the panic missions in countries that need it the most, especially early.

Always meet the requests if possible.

Engineers are more important than scientists..fyi

Laser weapons are OK but you really want plasma

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

get satellites. Ha,been awhile since I played this,I was close to the end. Generally I built armor up then laser weapons then later on plasma. Don't go too far with your people and keep them in overwatch.I went with like,1 sniper,2 heavy LMG guys,2 medics,forget the other,probably run and gun assaults.

If 8 countries leave you,it's game over I believe. I picked to start in Europe I think since I did the tutorial mission and stuff. Get sats over North America and Africa as soon as you can....south america isn't important tbh,but no countries left me in mine yet....china probably being the one in the most panic.

There was a good FAQ on gamefaqs I think telling beginners what to do in the xcom xbox forum

Yes over watch is huge

chunckylover53

I havn't been using overwatch.. Just running at them, however i had a ton of people die on me at the start...

Right now i have

Two LMG guys
Two shotgun guys
one sniper
one support

ALWAYS SKIP THE TUTORIAL

START OVER

YOU NEED PEOPLE TO LIVE IN THE BEGINNING, NO DEATHS

SERIOUSLY

chunckylover53

I've already poured about 6-7 hours in it, i'd hate to start over. Did i miss out on something that bad?

You really cant afford to have any rookies at all once you get to mid game.

You need all your soldiers to be leveled up

Just saying

You might hit a wall(actually probably will) This game can be brutal

chunckylover53

My sniper is one away from max level everyone else is about level 4-5.

chunckylover53

So i keep forgetting the concept of saving after every mission i do.. I completed the Alien Base with ease and that pushed my sniper to max rank.
Really enjoying the game but i am always running out of money and have like a billion new things to build.

Sniper+Double tap+Skeleton armor=Awesomeness. By far my favorite unit i think i get the most utility out of him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum