Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

so, about that Chemistry exam i was shitting myself about...

+4
HydrasBreath ♜
Captain Pirate Pineapple
Epyk MD
The Adli Corporation
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

58%

SUCK IT BITCHES! Rockin! Rockin! Rockin! Rockin! Rockin! Rockin! Rockin!

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

So...not failing?

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Not sure how to take that. 60% and above is not failing in the US.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I'm guessing 55% is a pass? That's how it was in high school here. In uni though it's usually 60% sometimes even 65% to pass.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

its a not fail Very Happy

tbh, 40% is a not fail. its the first year on uni lol, you only need to get 40% in each module. considering how retardedly evil the module was (it was basically quantum physics disguised as chemistry) i am very surprised i didn't fail.

question: when someone says 'chemistry', is your first though 'Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principle'? because it isnt mine...

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

damn,I think here it had to be 70% or above to pass =/

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

JrTapia1991 wrote:damn,I think here it had to be 70% or above to pass =/

the first year is easy. second third and beyond years are tougher. i think you need to get a 2:1 to do a masters degree and 2:1 to do anything post-grad. a generic pass is 40.

edit: fuck trying to get the table to work, heres wikipedia Razz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_undergraduate_degree_classification#First-class_honours

Pariah

Pariah

The Adli Corporation wrote:

question: when someone says 'chemistry', is your first though 'Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principle'? because it isnt mine...

Not immediately. were you learning the quantae of electrons?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Pariah wrote:
The Adli Corporation wrote:

Not immediately. were you learning the quantae of electrons?

yarp. quantum numbers and shit. basically the exact opposite of the chemistry i actually need to know. that entire module has virtually no information relevant to my course. the only thing i would need is wavefunctions Razz

Thats not failing?

Haha

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sym wrote:Thats not failing?

Haha

scratch

As been stated, in America we obviously use a different grading system. 56% would be like an F.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

as i have also said, in the first year you only need 40%. to get into the masters (which i want to do) i would have to get a 2:1 in the second year.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

The Adli Corporation wrote:question: when someone says 'chemistry', is your first though 'Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principle'? because it isnt mine...

It is what I think of. But I assume everything is about Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principle until proved otherwise.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Ferris wrote:
The Adli Corporation wrote:question: when someone says 'chemistry', is your first though 'Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principle'? because it isnt mine...

It is what I think of. But I assume everything is about Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principle until proved otherwise.

Terry is actually thinking of Heinekens Uncertainty principle

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

The Adli Corporation wrote:as i have also said, in the first year you only need 40%. to get into the masters (which i want to do) i would have to get a 2:1 in the second year.

what's this 2:1 ratio? like you need to do double the pass mark?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

HydrasBreath wrote:
The Adli Corporation wrote:as i have also said, in the first year you only need 40%. to get into the masters (which i want to do) i would have to get a 2:1 in the second year.

what's this 2:1 ratio? like you need to do double the pass mark?

its just classifications. its basically the equivalent of GPA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_undergraduate_degree_classification#First-class_honours

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum