oh EA... you dun got called out.

+2
Ante
The Adli Corporation
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bmce9oIxJag?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/14/modder-runs-simcity-offline-maxis-remains-silent/

Ante

Ante

Yeah this is pretty bad. I'm hoping this forces Maxis to patch this shit in officially because SimCity is a really good game underneath all this crap.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

some of the shit he built (road wise) arent an option and he was missing somethings... (modded and what not). I hope offline does happen (before I am back in GER)...for now since I have internet that is good meh

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

the fact that the mod runs offline indefinitely (basically it turned off the 20m offline limit) means that the server-side computing is utter BS. plus the server remembers the highway editing even in offline mode.

its just a giant shitstorm atm.

menacinglemon wrote:some of the shit he built (road wise) arent an option and he was missing somethings... (modded and what not). I hope offline does happen (before I am back in GER)...for now since I have internet that is good meh

its debug mode. some things the debug mode doesnt have (eg dev-kit terraforming) but it has more than normal modes do.

Pariah

Pariah

Wish someone had done this for BL2.

Chewy

Chewy

Even if EA admitted that their previous claims were bullshit and that they would continue to make it online only for the reason of "Fuck you", this would change nothing. Business ethics don't have a strong relationship with sales anymore.

Kitsune

Kitsune

EA doesn't care about anything except for...:

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Kitsune wrote:EA doesn't care about anything except for...:

I now understand KF that much more

Kitsune

Kitsune

menacinglemon wrote:
Kitsune wrote:EA doesn't care about anything except for...:

I now understand KF that much more