New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

MAV, did they remove "Auto hover"?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Was curious, because I remember at one point you could literally park the MAV over a flag or something and it would just hover there.

Anyone know if they changed it, or am I just high on some really good shit right now?

Grey

Grey

Eyup. Now it drops.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Well that kind of bites, but I suppose it makes sense, the MAV is superior to the TUGS in just about every single way, making it auto hover probably makes it a wee bit OP. Oh well, I only used it to scout objectives for the most part anyway.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

If you're actually in the mix and helping to take objectives then the Tugs is better than the Mav. It can deploy faster and on the run, it fits in more spots, it is much harder to detect, etc...
The Mav is only better if you're staying back playing sniper instead of helping.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

True, I don't typically use it like most players, I like to deploy it just over head before my squad goes in to try and give them some recon via the motion scan and spotting anything on the objective. After doing so I'll move up and try to assist with capping objectives and so on.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I never even knew you could hover with it

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Maybe it was a PC thing. I'm pretty sure it never auto-hovered on the consoles. You had to control it constantly.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

JrTapia1991 wrote:I never even knew you could hover with it

A while back, you used to be able to just park it over a flag and forget about it. Was really nice and useful for the most part, like an extremely mobile tugs that you could use to get a birds eye view of what's going on at any given time (provided the enemy wasn't smart enough to shoot it down, which was pretty often back then).

But alas, they nerfed it lol. Lately I've been having a lot of fun just popping heads. I'm still learning the different distances for moving targets, I'll slowly commit them to muscle memory after a while.

@Metal, maybe that's it. I know that Console is like night and day difference when compared to PC.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

It was fun to roadkill people with it but I never got good with it and maybe got 20 people total. Ah....defenders on davamond peak rush and the enemy team wouldn't push up so I'd roadkill em lol.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

JrTapia1991 wrote:It was fun to roadkill people with it but I never got good with it and maybe got 20 people total. Ah....defenders on davamond peak rush and the enemy team wouldn't push up so I'd roadkill em lol.

Lol, those were the days. The key was to offset them to the right of your camera, since the MAV's camera sits to the left of the actual craft. Raging noobs galore!

Good times Very Happy

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i got 100+ roadkills with the MAV back in the 360 days. so much fun XD

Metalzoic wrote:The Mav is only better if you're staying back playing sniper instead of helping.

you didnt play with me and Kalei on Wake Island defense.

1) lose first base
2) go to old attacker deployment, deploy MAV and Beacon
3) Kalei spawns on me
4) i spot everything
5) kalei kills everything
6) victory

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum