+5
Metalzoic
The Adli Corporation
Ante
Kitsune
HydrasBreath ♜
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1IT'S ALIVE! (Now with pics!) Empty IT'S ALIVE! (Now with pics!) 2013-04-17, 21:19

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

It works! My build lives!

I had my uncle come over and we tried to figure out what was wring and we were just about to give up and I was going to try and rebuild everything again when my uncle goes "what's this?" and he points to the molex connection powering my fan LEDs and I explain what it is and he unplugs one and boom it worked...all that was wring was the fucking fan LED plug.

those were the only things I didn't unplug when I rebuilt it like 3 times.

all that trouble because of a little 2 pin molex connector and a 20 dollar fan.

the guts are all hanging out so I have to put everything back together again.

*update: pics near the bottom of thread*

Last edited by HydrasBreath on 2013-04-19, 19:19; edited 1 time in total

At least it works

Nice man

Kitsune

Kitsune

Life is funny sometimes isn't it?

Ante

Ante

This is owning a homebuilt PC.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

yeah, ive heard so many stories about some tiny thing not being right and making it all not work Razz

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

So are the fans defective or were they just not supposed to be plugged in or what?

Chewy

Chewy

That's really weird. How could having a fan plugged in cause that??

Anyways congrats on getting it working, must be a big relief.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

It was the power for the LED in the fan I'm guessing the power supply was sensing something wasn't right so it would trip a breaker and shut itself off to protect the system. I've heard of people frying stuff because of similar issues.

But yeah it's a good feeling to have it working. I got windows installed and now I need to get all the drivers and junk for my hardware and start installing all my programs.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yea the drivers were so boring to do lol....ethernet driver,sound driver, usb 3.0 driver

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

oh god...the 1080p...it's so glorious! And this keyboard and mouse are fucking sexy to use.

(woot first post from the new rig!)

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

1080p is the best.

if i ever get a chance, ill grab a 144Hz monitor too, ive heard those are the bomb.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

1080p on a clean screen is the shit!

HydrasBreath wrote:1080p on a clean screen is the shit!

Thumbs up

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

wow after staring at my big monitor my laptop seems so tiny/shitty in comparison.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

HydrasBreath wrote:oh god...the 1080p...it's so glorious! And this keyboard and mouse are fucking sexy to use.

Post looks the same to me...

Your rig is a lemon.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

1080p is awesome and I couldn't go back now, my 1440x900 xbox monitor/tv looks like shit in comparison lol.

maybe one day when the 1440p monitors are cheap I'll pick one up just for the hell of it,but that's years away. Really like this asus 1080p

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

JrTapia1991 wrote:1080p is awesome and I couldn't go back now, my 1440x900 xbox monitor/tv looks like shit in comparison lol.

maybe one day when the 1440p monitors are cheap I'll pick one up just for the hell of it,but that's years away. Really like this asus 1080p

Mine is an LG from years ago that my parents got on sale around Christmas apparently it's pretty decent though it has 2ms response time... It's basically a gaming monitor.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:oh god...the 1080p...it's so glorious! And this keyboard and mouse are fucking sexy to use.

Your rig is a lemon.

Damn... You're right I guess I better put it on Craigslist for like a hundred bucks Razz

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

HydrasBreath wrote:
Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:

Your rig is a lemon.

Damn... You're right I guess I better put it on Craigslist for like a hundred bucks Razz

I wouldn't even give it the satisfaction of craigs list. i would just get in your car, get it up to about 60 mph and just toss the thing out the window. Preferably at some youths.

1080 is sooooooo much better than 720 its not even comparable

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I would never buy a 720p tv,I'd go for the 1080p. I can't believe they still sell those cheap tvs that are only 720p,wonder if alot of people still buy them

Its why I feel bad for console only gamers

They need to see the glorious 1080 p

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

god I'm scared my eyes will explode the first time I play a game haha.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Cool I found I have a saints row 3 for you too and rts warhammer 40k

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

JrTapia1991 wrote: Cool I found I have a saints row 3 for you too and rts warhammer 40k

Is that directed at me?

It wasn't directed at me haha

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

HydrasBreath wrote:
JrTapia1991 wrote: Cool I found I have a saints row 3 for you too and rts warhammer 40k

Is that directed at me?

yea afro afro

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

JrTapia1991 wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:

Is that directed at me?

yea afro afro

Well thanks dude! That's awesome of you!

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

IT'S ALIVE! (Now with pics!) Oh_stop_it_you

Razz

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Pics in spoilers for anyone who wants to have a look. I think I did a decent job at cable management being my first build and being such a small case and all.

Spoiler:

Cable management is better than mine

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I want to get the h100i for the hell of it Razz supposedly never needs refilling

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

JrTapia1991 wrote:I want to get the h100i for the hell of it Razz supposedly never needs refilling

I've heard they are supposed to last around 4-5 years. Like you don't have to refill them or anything but the performance will probably degrade over time. I'm sure there will be some evaporation of the liquid inside.

Just make sure it'll fit in your case!

I had to pull out the optical drive bay to get mine in there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum