We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Overclocking gpu worth it?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Overclocking gpu worth it? Empty Overclocking gpu worth it? 2013-04-19, 18:40

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Would it even be worth it overclocking a 7950? Some say wait years until a gpu starts to lag behind a little to get some extra power out of it

some say it's bad to overclock the vram on it because they don't have a heatsink

others have said to overclock it for game playing,then reset it to normal afterwards otherwise it would burn it out

2Overclocking gpu worth it? Empty Re: Overclocking gpu worth it? 2013-04-19, 18:45

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

You can get a pretty decent performance boost from just a 100MHz overclock. Is your card just a reference model? because usually whoever is making the card will put their version of a heatsink on there.

But yeah I wouldn't leave it overclocked all the time cause having more voltage run through it for no reason will wear it out faster.

I say it's up to you though. Are you having some trouble running some games?

3Overclocking gpu worth it? Empty Re: Overclocking gpu worth it? 2013-04-19, 18:47

Only overclock when your playing

Use MSI afterburner

4Overclocking gpu worth it? Empty Re: Overclocking gpu worth it? 2013-04-19, 19:22

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

well no games I have problems with but I guess BL2 was made better for nvidia cards,I had to put it on medium,with stuff set to high it'll get choppy randomly,but no problems playing other games.

I have the sapphire 7950 boost edition with the twin fans

I was thinking boosting it by like 100mhz just on the core clock and leave the vram alone could help but eh.

5Overclocking gpu worth it? Empty Re: Overclocking gpu worth it? 2013-04-19, 19:26

You just want to boost the core clock

6Overclocking gpu worth it? Empty Re: Overclocking gpu worth it? 2013-04-19, 19:40

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:You just want to boost the core clock

yeah that should give you a pretty decent boost in performance.

BL2 is giving probably giving you trouble because of all the PhysX stuff. I heard if you have an AMD card it has to do some type of PhysX emulation that isn't as good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum