New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sleeping Dogs on sale on Origin

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

For $8.50 normally $24.99, if you want it, now is the time to get the game.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

It's a pretty good game, I finished it last week. I had my issues with it, but overall it's simply fun. Definitely worth its price.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

oh this is hilarious, Origin sold the game, but you have to activate and install in through steam. They have a disclaimer saying "It's a Steam works game and is not affiliated with Origin in anyway or form"

HA!

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

That's how I got Tomb Raider. Bought on Origin, played on Steam.

Pariah

Pariah

Wait what...they sold it on Origin, but you play it through Steam?

Ok Origin...ok...

Chewy

Chewy

Pariah wrote:Wait what...they sold it on Origin, but you play it through Steam?

Ok Origin...ok...

Steam does the same thing, just replace Origin with Uplay.

Sleeping Dogs is a really good game though. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

Pariah

Pariah

Chewy wrote:

Ok Origin...ok...

Sleeping Dogs is a really good game though. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

I've never once in my life used UPlay, I didn't know that.

Sarcasm retracted.

Pariah wrote:
Chewy wrote:

Ok Origin...ok...

Sarcasm retracted.

You have never played a Ubisoft game? scratch

Pariah

Pariah

Sym wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Chewy wrote:

Ok Origin...ok...

Sarcasm retracted.

You have never played a Ubisoft game? scratch

not on PC. the only games I've played of theirs are Assassin's Creed, and that was all on the xbox. The copy of AC1 I have on PC, I was able to play through Steam.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Okay, even with my GPU's I can only play Sleeping dogs on medium graphics, and it STILL looks freaking amazing!

So far I'm really liking it, it's like GTA meets Assassins creed plus an amalgam of a bunch of other games so far. The melee combat system is really smooth and feels natural, not to mention the animation quality is simply superb from what I've seen.

Honestly guys, if you've been on the fence, and have a rig that can run it, I highly recommend picking it up. From what I've played, it was worth every single freaking penny Very Happy

Sleeping Dogs is a good game

I hyped it up when it was new on here

Also Im not surprised you can run it on anything higher then MED with a GTX 570

Chewy

Chewy

Artimise Flare wrote:Okay, even with my GPU's I can only play Sleeping dogs on medium graphics, and it STILL looks freaking amazing!

So far I'm really liking it, it's like GTA meets Assassins creed plus an amalgam of a bunch of other games so far. The melee combat system is really smooth and feels natural, not to mention the animation quality is simply superb from what I've seen.

Honestly guys, if you've been on the fence, and have a rig that can run it, I highly recommend picking it up. From what I've played, it was worth every single freaking penny Very Happy

FYI the anti-aliasing brings your framerate down a shitload. Might want to mess around with custom settings a bit.

The HD texture pack didn't seem to slow me down at all but I played with anti-aliasing either off or on the lowest setting.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I could play it totally maxed out and totaly maxxed out AA with like 48fps it said in the benchmark lol,I could put the AA to like 4x and get 60 easily. I need to play it through with a controller though,it was weird clicking the mouse to fight Razz

Yes this is a controller game

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I have no problems using the mouse, but then again, I've been away from the console world for a while now, so I'm probably just accustomed to PC controls now.

Some games need a pad IMO

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Yeah, Origin in my country has good deals. I guess EA knows how fucked up we are, so they adjust prices accordingly. Ex: Tomb Raider on consoles would be about 75 dollars here at launch. In Origin, it was at about $40. They had a sale with everything at 50% a couple of weeks ago, so I got Tomb Raider with some doubts (because, EA) for 15 dollars. Turns out it was a Steam Game so it was a win-win situation for me, because Steam and GMG are more expensive than Origin in Mexico (as weird as it sounds). Which reminds me, I just finished Tomb Raider. 6/10 -insert reviewer comment-

Also, Sleeping Dogs isn't that taxing. I have a GTX 660 Ti and 3570k with 8GB RAM. I had no trouble running it with the best textures (it's a free DLC you can get on Steam, ultra high res pack or something), shadows, etc. I just tone down AA and some other fancy shit that doesn't make much of a difference, but causes performance to take a big hit for some reason. Of course, I was playing on my crappy 1400 x 900 monitor, but still.

at 1080 gotta turn down AA with the high res texture pack

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I just used the minimum AA. x2 and x4 are still a noticeable change from each other, but any more and it's just diminishing returns.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I had like 16x or maybe 32x >__> . think the most was 16 though Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum