Chewy
Kaitlynn
HydrasBreath ♜
Pariah
Kenshiro
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

This is all IMO of course

But I cant imagine a more powerful medium than music?

If so what is it?

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Boning.

Post the song that moves you the most

Lyrics and all

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LAJQOeCSs_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Always blocking the doors to your mind
Escaping the reality that surrounds you
Using faith as an excuse to kill
A sick way of life is now revealed

All the prayers in the world can't help you now
A killer a take of life is what you are

Speak no more lies
It's your turn to die

Preach the good word
Speak no more, perpare to burn
A justified torture?
From this may others learn
The life you took a holy death, a grave mistake
No changing your mind, your life you should pay

Practice what you preach
Your loved one is now deceased
Knowledge is at our hands
Never to understand

Spiritual healing

[Solos: Shuldiner, Murphy]

Blinded by the twisted ways you live
Kill for religion, will the Lord forgive?
Idiocy has stricken your mind
A real-life hell you will find

MH wrote:Boning.

Oh you

Pariah

Pariah

My friend Rachel sent me this as a consolation prize after she pseudo-broke up with me. Still feel this song really nicely, still stirs the hearstrings.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NRPbJ9Shyvg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Are you still with Siren?

Dont think its a coincidence shes not on here anymore?

Amirite?

Pariah

Pariah

Sym wrote:Are you still with Siren?

Dont think its a coincidence shes not on here anymore?

Amirite?

She just got bored and intimidated by this place, plus her laptop is absolute crap. I'm still with her.

Oh thats good

Why is she intimidated?

Thats not the first time we have head that about the SeC?

Pariah

Pariah

Sym wrote:Oh thats good

Why is she intimidated?

Thats not the first time we have head that about the SeC?

Lots of people, lots of stuff that she didn't really know or participate in. Like the gaming, she never played.

Ah word

Makes sense

My wife like to play Minecraft with you guys, but she doesn't post her because shes probably intimidated.

We have all known each other for a long time , and this is a pretty small community. I can see it.

Tell her I said HI!

I truly cant think of anything more powerful in my life than music

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NU9F126WCUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I hear you man. I'm on my phone right now but I'll post some stuff when I get a chance to get back to a computer. I've been gone for a few days.

MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Rockin!

Kaitlynn

Kaitlynn

Intimidated? I don't think so. Smile

Chewy

Chewy

Sym wrote:This is all IMO of course

If so what is it?

3-4 Methylenedioxymethamphetamine.

Duck

Duck

Smell is the most powerful sense in terms of bringing back old memories. Smelling something that you haven't smelled since something that happened when you were like 5 can be a mind fuck.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah music is most def for me....it keeps me from going crazy lol.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R1p6nVyM7PI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MADEWITHROBOTS

MADEWITHROBOTS

This gives me goosebumps every time, without fail...

All day long, I sing this same old song.
Round my head, the same old record's on.

Sound I know, the angels slow, and the ground disappears...
oh my love.

Laying on the floor I think about superman: and did he ever lay around drinking, telling his friends, reefer in his hand, “Hey man some day I'm gonna make a big splash”, or does that kind of talk just come to us folk who can't find an 'S' on our chests? So just keep wheeling, dealing, bus-stop dreaming, laying on the floor just staring at the ceiling.

Sound I know, the angels slow, and the ground disappears...
oh my love.

Laying in the tub I thought about rock 'n roll and has it already been done before? Guess so, it's just getting your dick sucked, don't make it any less good than it once was, oh my god I wish that this dream would stop. Start again.

When I get well I'm gonna move to the country, breathe clean air man, turn the televisions off for a while, Eskimo style. Gotta just breathe in, breathe out, breathe. In the city you know, get paid, you get laid, go to the clinic and you listen as the doc says: “Don't drink, don't smoke, work hard, be fun, don't eat no junk” ain't it just enough to make you wanna go get drunk? that's what I done. Well anyway the drink got me thinking what a friend had said, guess what he said: “Happiness is nothing but the flow of serotonin in your head, got nothing to do with Jesus Christ, nothing got to do with wring or right, oh help me out Simp, can it be right? that it all boils down to how the chemicals flow to your soul?”...

serotonin.
...into my soul, serotonin

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

all the feels Smile

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

Chewy wrote:

If so what is it?

why not both?

Chewy

Chewy

Patrick Star wrote:
Chewy wrote:

If so what is it?

why not both?

OK, you can do both. With their powers combined, nothing creates as powerful of a feeling.

MissSym wrote:Intimidated? I don't think so.  Smile

Whoa

Dont think this was really her...

Actually it was lol

chunckylover53

Music is definitely pretty strong, it's kinda comforting knowing that there's someone out there that has felt the same way as you before.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

I would think religion or faith or whatever you want to call it, but perhaps I'm misinterpreting.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I agree, Sym, BUT.

When it's coupled with a good story. Seriously, dude. Maybe it's just me, but the amount of feels I can get from music grow exponentially when it's coupled with a story. I know music itself is a story, but it's easier to feel it when you relate it to one.

The above is one of the reasons why I love video games with good music + story. For example older Final Fantasy games did this, and the theme of each character would most of the time be a reflection of the character, like Terra's theme, Cyan's theme, Edgar & Sabin, etc. Or the Coin Song, depicting a specific scene in the game where a coin toss decides the future of two brothers.

Of course, I still love music without a story explicitly attached to it, and can feel plenty of shit from just the music.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

love the funimation dub version of DBZ music

chunckylover53

This song has always made me pretty sad =/.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

music

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

My song doesn't have lyrics but yeah I've always found this song incredibly powerful and intensely lamentful.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fbIvO0EyTUs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

oh and I just want to add that the powerful/emotional aspect of music has always come from the music proper for me. Lyrics don't really factor into it for me.

Yea its all about that music.

Sometimes lyrics hit  home to me though.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dYYUR21_G9c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like this one

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Bad lyrics can negate the values of a great song just as good lyrics can help drive a mediocre song home. "bad" and "good" being subjective always.

Strange how something that isn't always necessary part of music, can have to power to make or break it.

Chewy

Chewy

Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:Bad lyrics can negate the values of a great song just as good lyrics can help drive a mediocre song home. "bad" and "good" being subjective always.

Strange how something that isn't always necessary part of music, can have to power to make or break it.
My thoughts exactly. A very large portion of music I listen to is all instrumental but lyrics can really have a huge impact on music for better or worse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum