New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

playing some morrowind with mods

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Duck

Duck

enjoying it quite a bit. maybe more than skyrim or oblivion.

it's really different than those two. the world seems absolutely gigantic without having fast travel options to go everywhere i want instantly.

and then you get directions instead of a map marker. so you're pretty much forced to go on an adventure every time you take a quest. Instead of just fast travel there, kill everything, grab thing, fast travel back.

And the non leveled enemies and loot is much more engaging. Instead of being able to kill anything no matter where you go, you stumble across some bad ass guys sometimes and you have to retreat. It makes it feel more like you're just a small part of the world rather than everything being focused on you.

The combat is still pretty bad, but unlike the other games it's just a straight dice roll thing. you can't press a button to block and attacks don't always hit, so it's playing more to Bethesda's strengths by not even attempting to be an action-combat game and instead focusing on RPG elements.

Bethesda games always shine a lot for the first few hours before you become an all powerful warrior and everything gets too easy. I'll see if the same thing happens in Morrowind.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Duck wrote:
Bethesda games always shine a lot for the first few hours before you become an all powerful warrior and everything gets too easy.

That's really the problem right there.

I think it was Morrowind (maybe Oblivion) Where I had enchanted a staff I named the "DEATH STICK!" which when used killed everybody in a 50' radius and also healed you completely and regenerated magic.

It was stupid. I could walk into this pyramid looking city and have 50 super powerful guards after me and kill them all at once with one hit.

Fun to create, but it ruined the game so I just quit playing it.

Duck

Duck

yeah morrowind definitely has some exploits. fortify attribute potions stack and theres no limit to have many you can take as once. so you can buy a few cheap ones for intelligence, use them, and use the buffed intelligence to make better ones, and keep going until your intelligence is a bazillion, then use that bonus to enchant stuff an d become super powerful.

ii just avoid alchemy in this game.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

It's my fav out of them all still, check out the overhaul 3.0 mod,it's really easy the way it installs. Makes the graphics much better and fixes some bugs. I was hooked on it for a few days,been meaning to play it some more,been playing Stalker call of Pripyat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum