Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[BF4] Windows 8 is the solution for poor performance?

+2
Epyk MD
StormEye
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

StormEye

StormEye

I recently came across some discussions that those who had performance issues while using Windows 7, had vastly improved performance in Windows 8. I cannot verify this myself as I do not have 8 installed on my machine, but at least its providing me reasons to test out 8.

Windows 8.1 should be releasing soon (on 18th I think), so I probably will try it then.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

the wife has windows 8...i could see it geing good on tablets or touch screen comps...but damn that shits annoying with a kb/m

StormEye

StormEye

My mother bought a new laptop last Saturday (all laptops these days are Windows Cool, and I had to help her setup everything. Besides the fact that they hid all the necessary commands in weird places, the essential functionality seemed pretty much in tact.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Performance is increased I can confirm

But the GUI isnt as good as Win 7

and trust me as a computer literate you will miss the start menu

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Although I always imagine you using Linux penguin so the Start menu missing might not bother you Very Happy

StormEye

StormEye

Only if I could get better performance with Linux, and all games are supported, then I would use it as main OS.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Im not a big Linux fan Very Happy

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Frostbyrn wrote:Im not a big Linux fan Very Happy
Maybe you don't have enough tape holding your glasses together.

Metalzoic wrote:
Badam boosh

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Metalzoic wrote:
Maybe if I tuck my shirt into my underwear just a little bit harder Very Happy

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

After that go find a hot chick and get beat up by her boyfriend. You'll be spitting while you talk and loving Linux in no time!

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I tried Windows 8 but for non-touch machines it's just painful to use. A friend of mine has a Sony Vaio Duo 11, and it's fantastic to use in those kind of machines (tablet-laptop hybrid), it's truly good as a tablet OS and laptops with touch screen. But fuck, for desktops or laptops with no touch screens it's a pain in the ass.

I'd really like for games to just go to Linux. My use of Windows would just be minimized to development.

StormEye

StormEye

I'm angry at Sony for ditching Z series and changing to it pro and duo models...

I need a new laptop, and nothing fits what I want...

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

I hate having to sell Windows 8 computers to people. Like yeah, occasionally it can really benefit your lifestyle, and it does work well with transformer computers and stuff, but I just can't stand behind it. Other than, "It's fast," I really don't have much to say.
And when the gamers come in, we just have a hearty laugh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum