You are not connected. Please login or register

Favorite CoD4 weapon setup?

+2
Epyk MD
Valukar
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 05:19

At the moment mine is the AK-74u with no attachment and stopping power and steady aim.

Valukar

Last time I played CoD4 I used a steady aim MP44 and did work

http://www.gamerhold.com/forum

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

RPD
Grip
3x Frag
Juggernaut
Steady Aim

i apologize, im that guy that ppl throw their controllers at their tvs at

Don't worry, thats how you know your doing good xD

Same

Same

Mines the

Skorpion Silenced

3x Flash
Radar Jammer
Steady Aim

Orrr

AK-47

RPG x2
Stopping Power
Steady Aim.

I was just using the Skorpion cause I just prestiged and I absolutely love it now. It took me a few games to get used to it but now I'ts one of my favs. And howis it with UAV Jammer? I kind of seems like it might need Stopping Power. And does the silencer effect it's accuracy really? like does it make the recoil a lot worse or anything?

Same

Same

Bla125 wrote:I was just using the Skorpion cause I just prestiged and I absolutely love it now. It took me a few games to get used to it but now I'ts one of my favs. And howis it with UAV Jammer? I kind of seems like it might need Stopping Power. And does the silencer effect it's accuracy really? like does it make the recoil a lot worse or anything?

Well the only UAV jammer is just because I like to suprise the enemies first even when they should have advantage. The Silencer for the same reason but it effects the recoil to be a little better, I just shoot a few bullets though at a time in short bursts.

You can use stopping power which is the best way to go with a small ammo capacity gun. But I prefer Stealth advantage over power.

So the silencer adds noticable recoil? And I just went a game 35-5 with the Skorpion with Stopping Power and no attachments on Crossfire, I love this gun! xD

Same

Same

Bla125 wrote:So the silencer adds noticable recoil? And I just went a game 35-5 with the Skorpion with Stopping Power and no attachments on Crossfire, I love this gun! xD

It's an amazing gun, the recoil is added a tiny bit of recoil but it's not very noticable.

10Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 09:33

Hmmm okay sweet, I just unlocked the silencer for it so the next time I play I'll try it out. And I almost can't help but laugh whenever I kill a group of people cause I'm holding something that looks like a candy bar on a stick. It just feels good to kill people with it lol.

11Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 09:35

Same

Same

Bla125 wrote:Hmmm okay sweet, I just unlocked the silencer for it so the next time I play I'll try it out. And I almost can't help but laugh whenever I kill a group of people cause I'm holding something that looks like a candy bar on a stick. It just feels good to kill people with it lol.

I thought that too to be honest xD Didn't say it though because I thought people would think i'm weird.

12Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 09:42

Lol people aren't going to think you're weird, and one more question, do you know how much more ammo Bandolier gives you for the Skorpion? Cause I can't find any guns that share ammo with this thing.

13Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 10:21

I liked the M-16 with a RDS and stopping power. don't remember the rest.

14Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 12:06

My favourites are:

My assaust rifle class:

AK-47
USP .45
Stun

Bandolier
SP
Deep Impact/Dead Silence

SMG:

MP5 w/ Silencer (I know it's noobish, so I don't use it much though)
USP .45 Silenced

Bomb Squad/Bandolier
UAV Jammer
Dead Silence

LMG:

M60 w/ RDS
Desert Eagle

RPG-7 x 2
Juggernaut
Steady Aim

Shotgun:

W1200 w/ RDS (just for looks, never ADS, it makes the pellets spread more)
USP .45 Silenced

Bomb Squad
UAV Jammer
Dead Silence

Sniper

Barrett .50
USP .45 Silenced

Claymore x 2
Stopping Power
Deep Impact

15Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 12:20

TheGM

TheGM

M60.
Juggernaut.
XD!

I did it one time before MW2 came out and I was getting hate mail.

I have Classes depending on the team I am on.

Marines.
M16/M4.
Stopping Power.
Deep Impact.

SAS.
MP4 w Silencer.
UAV Jammer.
Something.

Spetznaz.
AK-74u w Silencer.
Something.
Something.

Op-For.
AK-47.
Double Tap.
Martyrdom for the lulz.

16Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 12:37

TheGM86 wrote:M60.
Juggernaut.
XD!

This class makes me get to hear those little "XxXllliiiSup3rPr0H4xlil1337Dr0pSn1p3zzzzzSh4d0wN1nj4W01fMLGOwN420W33D" children with the M40 cry; it's music to my ears. Very Happy

17Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 12:38

Does ADSing still make the pellets spread more in MW2 and what about Black Ops?

18Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 12:41

I'm not sure about Black Ops, but yes, it does in MW2, and something tells me it probably will in Black Ops, but I'm not sure. Shotguns have such ridiculous power in MW2 though, so ADS doesn't often change whether you get a kill or not. Yet another reason I don't think that Sandy Ravage it that great; he's using a SPAS-12, for Christ's sake, and doesn't seem to know anything about shotguns. It would be like somebody else considered really good for using a FAMAS or something; people are so peculiar sometimes.

19Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 12:44

I saw a video of someone ADSing in Black Ops so I was just curious. And for the little time I had MW2 I noticed that shotguns were OP too. And I was just flat out confused as to why they made them have that power and make them a secondary.

20Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 12:45

TheGM

TheGM

I loved my SPAS-12. when every jobber was rocking the 1887 I was dropping them with my SPAS-12.

Still those things SHOULD not have been secondaries.

21Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 12:46

I loved running with a riot shield on my back and a shotty, gave me some protection from my back and pwnage in the front =D

22Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 12:47

Most people don't seem to know; it really usually doesn't make that big of a difference, unless somebody's at a questionable distance for lethality.

The SPAS-12 is my favourite too, but I still wouldn't say it's very difficult to use, necessarily. I got pride in using it before the patch for the akimbo 1887 patch though, that's for sure. Those things were ridiculous upon release date.

Tbqh, NONE of the shotguns should've been a secondary. I was questioning IW immediately after I bought the game, and realized how powerful shotguns were, then was asking myself why they needed to be a secondary, lol.

23Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 12:50

They were probably trying to buff shotties cause of cod4 and just got out of hand.

24Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 12:54

TheGM

TheGM

COD4 Shotties could have been secondary. The damn things shot jelly beans at people and had the range that was actually minus.

25Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 12:56

Yeah. I can understand either making them a shotgun that's poweful OR making them a secondary, but they chose both. But that's how IW has always been; overkill on anything when they actually do it. Like the CoD4 patch, just before MW2 came out: they didn't fix any of the glitches in the game (ie getting into the rock on Overgrown and such), but to supposedly, "stop" modded controllers, they moved the RoF down to 400 from 1200. Ironically, it didn't stop modded controller users, but actually just did this:

1.) Put people with a quick trigger finger at even more of a disadvantage, because now their weapon stuttered constantly, and people just turned their mods down to that RoF, and fired PERFECTLY at that RoF.

2.) Ruined all semi-autos, minus the Desert Eagle and M14, but that severely weaked them, even still.

I think a shotgun just a hair more poweful than the CoD4 shotguns, same range, but just a little more power so they kill more consistantly, and they'd be perfect.

Yes, I do agree that CoD4 shotguns would've made sense to be secondaries. They were actually good if you had a decent connection in the lobby though.

26Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 12:59

I pwn with cod4 shotties though, and tbqh I think that they still are pretty OP on some maps.

27Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 13:02

TheGM

TheGM

Yeah if you stand ontop of the stairs and keep killing the same retard who keeps running up same stairs because he is looking fo his revenge kill.

I am guilty of this by the way. Like repeat offender.

28Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 13:05

Running through Bloc with a W1200 and UAV Jammer + Dead Silence is always fun. It teaches those snipers to watch their ass; they become so paranoid, that it makes you laugh just watching them when they can't see you, always looking behind them every two seconds and such. xD

29Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 13:07

I always have claymores with my shottie so once someone dies from my claymore they most likely will come back trying to kill me cause they will prolly think I'm a sniper but NOPE they get a squishy face.

30Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 13:11

Lol, that's kinda funny. I always run around when I use a shotgun, and ruthless hunt them down; I can't make myself sit still unless I'm just waiting around a corner for a guy really quick.

31Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 13:12

I run around on some maps and sit still on others. Mostly depends on how stupid the enemy is haha.

32Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:03

Shotguns pwning in close quarters? Who'dda thunk?

33Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:04

I know!! When I found out about it I almost hit someone!

34Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:05

Lol, but then again, there's only one weapon technically worth using in CoD4, which is the M16, because it's a shotgun, assault rifle, and sniper rifle combined.

35Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:06

M16 isn't that great in close quarters IMO

36Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:08

If you use SP and SA, it basically becomes a shotgun, because it kills almost instantly, and just about as consistantly.

37Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:12

I like to use Deep Impact with the M16.

38Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:13

I usually do too, but if you want to be a complete dick, use SA. Tbqh, I haven't use the M16 since I got Red Tiger on it for the challenge. I feel like too much of a douche using it. Same with the MP5.

39Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:17

Eh. The tears of the fallen sustain the mind breaking forces that allow me to be cognizant.

40Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:18

In other words, I just feel as if there is no honor in using such a weapon. I respect other people, and I feel like it's disrespectful to use such a weapon. But that's just me; as I always say, nice guys finish last.

41Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:20

You're entitled to your opinion. I just don't see any inherent honor gain or loss based on the weapon I use. I like the M-16, I like the burst fire, so I used it unashamedly.

42Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:22

I always felt sorry for people that liked the M16; they always are called douchebags and try-hards, yet most of the people that I know, like the M16 for what it is, not because it's the best weapon in the game, and severely OP. I like the burst-fire M16, but I just don't use it because I feel it's too cheap.

I'm really glad that it's balanced in Black Ops, but still a great weapon, like it should be. Smile

43Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:22

I use it to try and get hate mail... but I still don't get hate mail ={

44Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:25

I've done everything to get hatemail, but I can't get it either. I've had an entire lobby report me for having a modded controller in WaW, and yell at me. I've gotten 2 messages saying I have a modded controller in CoD4, but that's about it. Other than that, I've actually gotten 2 fan-mail type messages. One for sniping somebody from their chopper with a shotgun, and one for being an awesome Blackhawk gunner for a random. I was disappointed. Sad

45Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:25

I don't really understand the hate for it. An M-16 fired at your upper torso/head is going to kill you, period. Three bullets = gg. I like it because I prefer a DMR style weapon. My preferred method of engagement is medium range, precision shooting.

46Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:30

It's not the fact that the 3 shot burst kills you, or even 2 bullets, it's the fact that it's far better than any other weapon in the game because of it's other characteristics (most weapons in CoD kill in 2-3 shots in their effective range).

I had:

Decent hipfire and ADS time (cause it's an assault rifle)
A fast reload time
Little/no recoil at all
No sway
Did more damage than the M4 (which makes no sense, but the M4 actually was powered down from the Beta, because it was 40-20 original, and pretty much a full auto M16 *shudders*)
A common ammo type
The fastest kill time in the game

All they had to do to balance it, was one of the following:

Make it a 30-20 (to match the power of the M4/G36c, like it should've been, less powerful, but accurate, kills if all bullets connect at any range with SP, not 2).
Give it sway
Give it more recoil.
Ever so slightly increase the reload time (in addition to another thing)
Unlock as the last weapon in the game
Slow the speed of the burst

47Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:33

We all know how well IW balances their games though...

48Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 14:34

xD Yeah.

Well, Treyarch is making the new one, so I'm crossing my fingers. As long as they don't OP one weapon class like WoW, Black Ops looks to be good.

49Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 16:47

TheGM

TheGM

Now I fell like playing COD4 just to troll people.....again.

50Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? Empty Re: Favorite CoD4 weapon setup? 2010-10-22, 18:57

Majora1988

Majora1988

AK-47 No attachments or Silencer
AK-74u Silencer
R700 when I feel like sniping

Bandolier
Stopping Power/Jug
Dead Silence/Deep Impact/Iron Lungs

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: