New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[BF4] M98B is back in my hands now

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

StormEye

StormEye

Guess the ballistics of this gun did not change much (or not at all) from BF3, since my guesstimates are significantly more accurate compare to others (mainly M40 as I've been running with it til now).

So much easier to snipe.

Cheytec on stats page has insane low bullet drop, so I would have to see whether I like that better when I unlock it. And if I stick with M98B, then I'll just silence Cheytec and see the performance of it that way.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I don't really see the point in using a suppressor on any of the bolt actions to be honest.

That said, how's the bullet velocity, I'm slowly working my way up the tree of bolt actions (trying to unlock everything for each rifle) I hope that after spending so much time with them, I'll really know how to use them later.

StormEye

StormEye

Bullet speed seems slightly faster, but largely unnoticeable.

I just think Cheytec would be decent with silencer just because it has the lowest bullet drop stat (its 6 when everything else is 10 and 15). At least its going to save you when you are surrounded by enemies. You DO show up on minimap once you fire your weapon if unsilenced.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Hmmm, so the bullet drop difference isn't all that different on the M98B? That's kind of a shame, is it still only a 5 round magazine?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I was looking at it.....the other night I was on the roof at Zavod 311 and got like 50 kills in a match with the first sniper lol. This one damn guy on the other roof kept hiding where he shot out the windows/white panels and could shoot me but I couldn't hit him...has to be some glitch right there where the other person can shoot out from there, but you can't shoot in

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

JrTapia1991 wrote:yeah I was looking at it.....the other night I was on the roof at Zavod 311 and got like 50 kills in a match with the first sniper lol. This one damn guy on the other roof kept hiding where he shot out the windows/white panels and could shoot me but I couldn't hit him...has to be some glitch right there where the other person can shoot out from there, but you can't shoot in
If the bullet's trajectory is flat enough, then I can see how he can shoot you, but you'd have issues shooting back, since your rounds would arc more.

StormEye

StormEye

If the bullet's trajectory is nearly flat, there are some angles where you will not be able to hit him at all, or be able to hit but impossible to headshot, while he is able to perfectly shoot you. In this case, more drop is actually better, as its easier to get around this problem.

I remember I used to be able to hit people behind cover, as bullet would just drop over the cover and hit them in the head, if there is some distance between the cover and target.

Back to M98B, the drop is less and is noticeable. The timing that it reaches target is unnoticeable. Its 10+1 round magazine btw. So its actually buffed from BF3.

I used Cheytec quite a lot, but its drop is so straight compared to others so that its really easy to overshoot them when you automatically adjust for drop. You basically have to aim right above the head for a great distance, which seems unnatural for a BA in BF series, completely throwing off your usual easy shots. It probably will destroy your sniping skill with other BAs if you use this too much. Its got 7+1 round magazine, which is not bad in magazine size.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum