the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why are cats called pussycats?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why are cats called pussycats? Empty Why are cats called pussycats? 2010-10-22, 22:38

For the life of me I can not find why they are called that.

Same

Same

I don't know, I liked that name, maybe because they're scared of most things? Lolwat.
Eitherway it's a nice name in my eyes o.o

I can gaurantee some immature fudgewad will post something about this

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Copied from Wikipedia:

The term puss (as in pussycat) may come from Dutch poes or from Low German Puuskatte, dialectal Swedish kattepus, or Norwegian pus, pusekatt, all of which primarily denote a woman and, by extension, a female cat.[13] This name could be related to Turkish qadi.

Barnold wrote:I can gaurantee some immature fudgewad will post something about this.

WTF is this suppose to mean?

Higurashi wrote:Copied from Wikipedia:

The term puss (as in pussycat) may come from Dutch poes or from Low German Puuskatte, dialectal Swedish kattepus, or Norwegian pus, pusekatt, all of which primarily denote a woman and, by extension, a female cat.[13] This name could be related to Turkish qadi.
But people call male cats that too......

Same

Same

T-800 wrote:
Barnold wrote:I can gaurantee some immature fudgewad will post something about this.

Because whenver that word is mentioned some people just are immature about it like a 12 year old. Which is the case most of the time.

And higus definition sounds about right.

Barnold wrote:
T-800 wrote:

Because whenver that word is mentioned some people just are immature about it like a 12 year old. Which is the case most of the time.

And higus definition sounds about right.
There are 12 year olds here?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

This topic is just asking for trouble... silent

Metalzoic wrote:This topic is just asking for trouble... silent
It is just lock it.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Nah, nothing bad yet and it might be entertaining!

Erkeric

Erkeric

Honestly Ive never heard someone call a cat a pussycat in normal conversation. But it is probably used for male cats because if you look at a cat from a distance with a glance you cant really tell.

Same

Same

zk50 x erk wrote:Honestly Ive never heard someone call a cat a pussycat in normal conversation. But it is probably used for male cats because if you look at a cat from a distance with a glance you cant really tell.

Lol, it's something when I was child used just for chlilds reasons I guess. It just sounded cool at the time for me and pro. But if it's used in normal conversation randomly, i'd be a little confused.

Sylvester calls himself a pussycat, therefore it's manly

except when he gets his ass kicked by a kangaroo

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Some people call them puddy cats. (fucking cartoon characters, fucking hate how they mess with my mind)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum