potential PC build for a friend

+2
JrTapia1991
Pariah
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pariah

Pariah

hey guys, I've got a friend asking me to help him build a PC. He's got a budget of 500-600 dollars, so I've been working in that. Can I get some feedback on this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2KetR

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

actually looks pretty solid, just don't overclock on that mobo, would throttle the cpu and burn out the board due to no VRM heatsinks Razz

the asus r2.0 970 mobo is about 40more bucks and can overclock but for the budget it's all solid, I'd use it. Can probably play every came on high and older stuff max it out.

they already have a hard drive?

Pariah

Pariah

yeah, he has a hard drive and a copy of Vista.

I was considering it, but I know nothing about that line of GPUs, so I figured it'd be better to stick with what I know to work.

Ante

Ante

VISTA? what in the unholy fuck. Does anything even support vista anymore?!

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah man looks solid. Should be a decent build for the budget.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

XD I actually liked how vista looked the best out of all of them. For an old desktop I was going to put it on it, saw a key to buy for like 20 bucks lol.

Pariah

Pariah

Ante wrote:VISTA? what in the unholy fuck. Does anything even support vista anymore?!

It runs fine honestly, and the visual style was nice from what I remember. But I'm gonna see if I can find a copy of W7 for him.

Ante

Ante

I bet you liked Millennium Edition too jr.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Second person I know that likes Vista.

StormEye

StormEye

If it doesn't go over budget all that much, try to get 2X8GB(16GB) for RAM.

And , btw, Vista? Are you flippin serious?

Pariah

Pariah

StormEye wrote:If it doesn't go over budget all that much, try to get 2X8GB(16GB) for RAM.

And , btw, Vista? Are you flippin serious?

Storm, don't start. I know, I'm with you, but he insists that its good enough for him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum