the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

The future of car interface

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The future of car interface Empty The future of car interface 2010-10-29, 19:52

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

So a few days ago during lunch, me and 2 friends got into a discussion on cars and how to reduce wrecks and such.

He said they should make them sorta like a "trolly/train" system. They would run on rails in the road and if you needed a lane change, then you would switch rails via a crossover every 100 ft or so. Me and other friend though it was flawed in a few ways. Since he also said all cars are connected in sone way. So it would be hard to change lanes or change destination.

I said that I had seen on tv a few years ago, that they would make all cars "linked" via a GPS and you put in the destination and the cars CPU communicates this with other cars, but you still drive like normal, but say you decide to run a red light and another car us coming and y'all would surely hit. But the car with right of way would keep going and yours would brake and stop a collision. But they said it was flawed in many ways but only argument was that people would abuse it and purposely make you/other cars brake. And they kinda missinderstood ne and thought they would autopilot.

So, what ideas do you think would make future wrecks less likely? Just thought i could ask cause I was bored.

StormEye

StormEye

Its going to turn into computer controlled system where the average speed of driving would exceed 100mph, kind of like the movie Minority Report.

StormEye wrote:Its going to turn into computer controlled system where the average speed of driving would exceed 100mph, kind of like the movie Minority Report.
This.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

ya i was wrong

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

Impostor!!!

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

see wrong again

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

lies

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

stop that youre confusing people

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

no u

10The future of car interface Empty Re: The future of car interface 2010-10-31, 15:39

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i was here first

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum