Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just got off the phone with my issuance agent.

+2
DRGN LRD 1213
Epyk MD
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

basicly since they drove off, I'm gettig stuck with the bill.
500 deductable...per incident...wtf
Why have full coverage if I'm paying out of pocket for shit I had no control over.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Damn that does suck!

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

indeed i fail to see why I'm givin coveringg them money each month if i end up paying for repairs.
What exactly are they?
So unless I total my car, they are unless? Bah!

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

insurance is a big scam. I hate that feeling you get after all the money you dump into it, it fails you when you actually need it. Worst of all you have to have it! so they really got you by the balls!

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Health insurance is the same damn way. GRRRRRRR

Whats up Terry!!!!!!!

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Good morning guys.
Epyk that's a bummer man. I was worried you'd get screwed...

chunckylover53

Wow man, that sucks and does not make sense. I dont have my license yet but i know full coverage aint cheap =X.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Heath insurance screwed mgr over when the son was born too...I'm still paying his labor fees.

sheep

sheep

That's awful Epyk! I'm so sorry.

You need to make friends with mechanics. Seriously, it helps a lot for those things insurance won't cover.

So far, no issues with my insurance, but we shall see. Who do you use, if you don't mind me asking.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Progressive.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Progressive is easily my favorite of the insurance companies I've tried. The problem with all of them is monthly cost vs. deductible though.

Sheeps mechanic comment is right. My mechanic will fix anything for us so long as we bring him some Blue Moon and he doesn't have too many other cars in the shop already. In fact a couple weeks ago he pulled our whole dash and replaced our heater core and all it cost me was 2 six-packs. Shocked

sheep

sheep

Yessss. I bought my car from my mechanics. Shortly after we got it, the heating core went out - since it was shortly after we bought it, and they love us, they replaced it for free. It would have been a good grand of work.

Also, they let us bring in our own parts. My dad bought the struts for his car off partsgeek.com (great prices!!!!!) and took them in to use their tools to put them on.

It is seriously worth it to cultivate a relationship with a good mechanic. Also, it is super fun to go and hang out at the shop and check out the cars they are working on. Sometimes, I think about asking them if I can apprentice there - then I see dissembled engine and freak out.

But you get to see cool things like an engine with a hole blown through it from a ... something. Some sort of rod/piston shot through the engine, I believe due to not being fed oil. It was so cool.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

It is key to know a good mechanic.

Story similiar to sheeps. I bought my last car from a guy that he recomended and only had two minor problems that he has fixed at no charge. Plus It's nice to know your not getting screwed over when you know a good mechanic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum