the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

partner upgrade decision topic

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1partner upgrade decision topic Empty partner upgrade decision topic 2010-12-25, 13:19

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

a discussion of the desicion of how to upgrade your partner

first what the upgrades for the 3 parteners are (from the wiki)

ed-e

ED-E can later be upgraded by either the Brotherhood of Steel or The Followers of the Apocalypse.

<LI itxtvisited="1">The BoS upgrade gives +12 DT, for a total of 20
  • The FotA upgrades ED-E's primary long range weapon to a blue energy projectile weapon with a damage of 30, damage-per-second of 262, and a high critical chance multiplier (2.5x).

rex

Four different dog brains can be used to complete the quest Nothin' But a Hound Dog. They are:

<LI itxtvisited="1">Lupa's brain from The Fort, which increases Rex's DT by 20 (1.2.0),
    <LI itxtvisited="1">Rey's brain, which increases Rex's attack damage by 25 points (1.2.0),
    <LI itxtvisited="1">An NCR guard dog brain, which grants no additional effect,
  • Violetta's brain (from the quest Three-Card Bounty), which increases Rex's speed by 50% (1.2.0)

raul

old vaquero

Raul's rate of fire with revolvers and lever action firearms is 33% faster than normal

Full Maintenance is a perk in Fallout: New Vegas.

This perk is an upgrade to the Regular Maintenance perk gained by having Raul in your party. It slows the decay rate of weapons and armor by 75%, an improvement over Regular Maintenance's 50%.

It can be gained at the end of Raul's unmarked quest if you convinced him that old people should retire and live useful and meaningful lives. However, if you convinced him to revert to his gunslinger ways but changed your mind, you will need at least 66 speech to get Full Maintenance.

This perk unlocks his Armored Petró-Chico outfit.

StormEye

StormEye

ED-E + New Weapons Upgrade = Pre-Patch Boone but with higher DPS default
Rex + New Lupa Brain = Probably the best tank
Raul + FINALLY Working Full Maintenance = Happy Storm with MC rounds.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

does repair on your guy affect your guns condition?

StormEye

StormEye

You mean the Full Maintenance and Regular Maintenance perks?

Companion weapons do not suffer weapon condition degrade, unless they are actually shot at by the enemies.

Only the player's weapon suffers damage through usage.

Now, if you are talking about repair skill, then it does not affect the weapon's degrade speed during usage. It improves the amount of percentage that is added when sacrificing another weapon/armour to repair your desired item. The Weapon Repair Kit's effectiveness improves in increments of 5% starting from 10% to 30% depending on your repair skill level.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

damn, so my 90 repair wont help my guns condition. wtf.

oh well jury rigging will have to do

i wish microfusion cells didnt weigh 1 pound per 10, otheerwise id use energy weapons

Valukar

1fnbighen wrote:damn, so my 90 repair wont help my guns condition. wtf.

oh well jury rigging will have to do

i wish microfusion cells didnt weigh 1 pound per 10, otheerwise id use energy weapons
why the fuck are you still playing hardcore

http://www.gamerhold.com/forum

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

ow my pride XD

im on my first playthrough to get the special ending

StormEye

StormEye

1fnbighen wrote:ow my pride XD

im on my first playthrough to get the special ending
Ah~ first playthrough.

BTW, don't really want to ruin this for you, but you don't get any special ending for hardcore. Only Achievement for the first time you beat it in HC.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

-_-

what...

i could have sworn it said play hardcore to get special ending at the beginning

damn you obsidean and your devious ways

StormEye

StormEye

Yeah, you get a special ending, its an additional Achievement popping up before the ending roll.

<_<
>_>

Slide~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum