You are not connected. Please login or register

just finished game of thrones.

+3
Crombie
DRGN LRD 1213
Epyk MD
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1just finished game of thrones. Empty just finished game of thrones. 2011-01-07, 17:15

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

I can't believe how amazing it was.
Im also upset iv missed out reading it for so long.

*off to kindle for seconf book:*

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT DAMN BOOKS!!!!!!! I belive Cramtrom and myself have both talked these books up many times in the past!

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

I was not expecting the amount of awesome thrown in my face.
I read it in three sittings. Most times foregoing sleep it was that good.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yes I agree. THe first time I read the series I devoured them. I couldn;t stop. They have so many OMG moments!!!!!

YESSSS!

I can't wait for the next book.
I'm always happy when I find out that someone I talk to has read one of the books. I'm always recommending them to whoever will listen.

AWESOME JOB DR AWESOME

Crombie

Crombie

Shut the motherfuck up! I'm on pg 180 right now. My buddy has been trying to get me to read it for the past 3 years. I'm really enjoying it so far even though not much is happening.

He insisted I read it right away because they are apparently making an HBO series or something.

Spoiler?

Anyways, I'm at the part right now where Eddard had to kill Sansa's Wolf, Lady, because Arya kicked the crap outta that little fuckwit brat...can't remember his name right now. Oh and Bran just woke up.

I dont know how to do that "spoiler" thingy so if someone wants to fix this post i'd appreciate it...

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ha! I was just at the bookstore yesterday trying to remember which book we were talking about here so I could buy it.

Couldn't remember so I bought something else instead. I need to re-read Game of Thrones though because I can barely remember anything about it.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Its $5 for kindle if you have an iphone/ winphone/ android.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

So where is everyone at with this great series?

Admin

Admin

halfway through kings, was actually about to get a few chapters in now.

http://www.speakeasyclinic.com

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Ooooo Kings is fun! Spoiler code your last happenings in a chapter for me.

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Whats this book about without giving out any spoilerS?

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Takes place in a land where winters can last 100 years, currently there is no magic tho there used to be dragons. Now they are extinct. I would consider it a dark fantasy and the characters are very richly described! I mean there are some AWESOME characters you get attached to. It deals with a kingdom and its polital intrigue, and wars.

GREAT BOOK!!!!!!!

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Sounds good and enjoyable. I really enjoy Eragon books and that kinda sounds like them..... in a way

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Hmmmmm its fanatasy but thats about all that compares. Games of Thrones is much darker I think that Eragon.

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Well yeah i figured it was darker. Eragon is dark but it has a savior hero. The second book is pretty dark because everything is falling apart while hes training

sheep

sheep

I don't think I've heard of these books.

Who writes them?

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

George R.R. Martin

sheep

sheep

I will see if I can get these at the library.

The Waterborn and The Black God (read in that order) by J. Gregory Keyes are good book. I need to find some of his other stuff to read.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I'll check it out. I was wandering the bookstore a few weeksd ago with a gift carsd and could find nothing I wanted so I left.

GRRM writes books so good that they'll ruin everything else you ever read.

Best. Fantasy. Series. Ever.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I m a little burnt out on him tho because he was suposed to have released the next book oooooooo like 6 years ago!

Asshole is going to up and die and never finish the series!

His characters are some of the best I have ever read!

Tyrion for the win! What a GREAT character!

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:I'll check it out. I was wandering the bookstore a few weeksd ago with a gift carsd and could find nothing I wanted so I left.

Get a David Gemmell book. Legend or Morningstar would be good starts. You'll be so happy you did that you'll probably buy me a new car and 2 strippers in appreciation.

Admin

Admin

He's a screen writer for the new series and wrote that it almost religiously follows the books.

http://www.speakeasyclinic.com

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Hunh....

Well with my budget your going to get a hot wheel car, and your strippers will likely not have any teeth.

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Good just keep recommending fantasy books theyre my favorite.

Crombie

Crombie

http://www.brentweeks.com/books/the-night-angel-trilogy/

Not sure if any of you have read them but The Night Angel Trilogy was really good. Well, the last book was a little meh but given he's a new author I let it slide. Great character development and he's not afraid to kill off main characters for the sake of the story.

An aside I'm about half way through Game of Thrones.

sheep

sheep

CROMBIE wrote:http://www.brentweeks.com/books/the-night-angel-trilogy/

Not sure if any of you have read them but The Night Angel Trilogy was really good. Well, the last book was a little meh but given he's a new author I let it slide. Great character development and he's not afraid to kill off main characters for the sake of the story.

An aside I'm about half way through Game of Thrones.

I read those! I really liked them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum