Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Going to express my right to bare arms! or conceal anyway!

+6
Chewy
The Adli Corporation
Khfan60
sheep
TexasMace
Tater
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Tater

Tater

State of NH you don't need a license to own a firearm unless your going to have one on your person! then it's like $10..

I'm not gonna shoot anyone!

I've just got the itch to own a firearm as if something ever really did happen, i don't have anyway to defend myself or my loved ones.

Any ideas on a decent first time handgun to buy.

I'm thinking either a 9mm or .40 caliber handgun. and a few hundred rounds!

Grenade Launcher. Nobody fucks with people who sport a grenade launcher.

TexasMace

TexasMace

9 mm is good and 40 is even better (why shoot twice?) If everything goes to hell you would find more ammo in 9 since it's more popular.

Metal and Sym are the hand gun guys so they can help you more than me.

If you are on a budget you can look at the Taurus pistols. They aren't expensive and they look cool.

Tater

Tater

I was thinking one of these. A sig sauer 226.
Going to express my right to bare arms! or conceal anyway! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2VDGL1ae7sgzeUCNsD1p1vdZClDCifIeRkHYyAb5cosZH_ZKu3g

Tater

Tater

Going to express my right to bare arms! or conceal anyway! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQP0toKGoUFXtzXigelVzL5JqlakpPj-L7RRwPiHEu4lRdzJ7Xbcg

or a beretta 92fs 9mm.. but i'm concerned with "beretta bite" as i've heard it can be pretty painful from my marine bud's!

I'm leaning towards the .40 226, however at this point i'm unsure if it's available for civilian purchase...

TexasMace

TexasMace

Sigs are VERY nice but they are a bit expensive. A buddy here at work has that exact same pistol in his yota. He just put some fancy grips on it yesterday.
I'd love to have a Sig, XDm, or Kimber!

Tater

Tater

I've noted the expense!!

This will be a one time purchase and too me worth the money. as i've heard only good things about sig's weapon systems.

sheep

sheep

We need to get my dad into these hand gun topics.

Taters, isn't your state motto "Live free or die?" My dad has much love for NH. Love how you don't have to have a license unless you're carrying.

Khfan60

Khfan60

Mills wrote:Grenade Launcher. Nobody fucks with people who sport a grenade launcher.

No. Go buy a Fat-Man from Fallout, only then will nobody fuck with you.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i'd love a gun but UK gun laws are pretty tight.

Tater

Tater

sheep wrote:We need to get my dad into these hand gun topics.

Taters, isn't your state motto "Live free or die?" My dad has much love for NH. Love how you don't have to have a license unless you're carrying.

YES "Live free or Die" is our state motto!! and a good one!!

Recently a state rep tried to pass mandatory seat belt laws. she's an old friend of my mother "unfortunately". I stated to her one day outside of any political debate. What's the point of us being the live free or die state and have freedoms if you going to restrict said freedoms! she had no answer.

I disliked the woman even before she got into politics so saying that and her not having a response made me feel great.... btw there's still no seat belt law. except for children under 18.

NH is a great state to live in honestly.

No retail purchases tax
no liquor tax
no seat belt law over 18
no helmet law on motorcycles
no firearms license required (unless you carry it on you) then it's $10 a year.

these are a few.

Khfan60

Khfan60

Wow, you're lucky lol.

Chewy

Chewy

No liquor tax? I'm sold. I'm gonna pack and move out tonight.

Tater

Tater

A lot of people like to make fun of us cause they think we're a bunch of country hicks!!

Honestly it's just jealousy.. We're one of the few if not the only state that's laws are as close to the old days as you can get! back when freedom meant something....

ONE problem i still can't just hit someone cause they pissed me off... "that's called assault"... Too me it's called freedom of speech with my fists!

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Here's what I suggest. If you have a local range that rents out, go there with a few models in mind, and ask to fire a couple dozen or so rounds in each. It may cost you a pretty penny but it will give you an idea of what you like and don't like.

I for one have always loved the 1911 .45 and thought I wanted that as my first handgun, however they are 1. not cheap, ranging upwards into the 600-700 brackets easily, 2. Many models are full sized, and seeing as how I have "girl" hands (small hands) they are kind of on the heavy side for me, so I'd have to find a smaller more compact version. 3. .45 ACP is not cheap either, unless you use reloaded ammo or Wolf ammunition, expect to shell out quite a bit of cash if you plan on using this for paper slaying at the range.

I settled on getting a Beretta 92fs 9mm as a future pistol. It's not any cheaper than a 1911, but it fits my hand better, ammunition won't cost me my soul to purchase, and the generous 15-17 round magazines are a very nice plus as opposed to the 7-8+1(in the chamber) of a 1911. Furthermore, the 9mm round has enough punching power to deck someone and is much easier to get more rounds on target due to the more manageable recoil.

Shop around, and shoot many different brands and calibers, you'll never know what you'll truly want until you've actually fired the gun. Speaking from experience here. The tacticool guns are not always the best choice.

Duck

Duck

Yeah go new hampshire. We don't even have sales tax. Or natural disasters.

Voltaire

Voltaire

I feel that I can offer insight on this topic as I have a Beretta 92f, a Sig P226(in 9mm) and a Springfield Champion .45 1911 which is a 4" barrel and is a bit smaller than the other two. My dad used to carry the Sig quite a while ago as a police officer and when I shot it I wasn't impressed. I might have had too much trigger finger though because the trigger bit my finger a couple of time while shooting it. It does have a good feel though so don't let my experience with it keep you from trying it.

The Beretta is probably my favorite handgun because of how it fits in my hands (I have average size hands) and the fact that the recoil is so manageable as well. It also is a good take to the range gun because 9mm doesn't cost much to practice with.

And finally there is nothing wrong with a 1911 style handgun which is why I think our Champion .45 is a great gun to shoot and when I get my CWP I plan on carrying it because I know that when I hit someone with the .45 round they won't be too eager to continue doing anything especially not what got them shot in the first place.

Also I agree with Flare, it's a good idea to go to a range and try some different guns to see what you like before you buy anything.

https://www.youtube.com/user/voltaire9

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Like Artimise and Voltaire said, find a range that does gun rentals and get a feel for what you might like.
I also highly recommend that you take an instruction course (even if you're already familiar with handguns).

Sigs are a bit expensive, but an excellent brand. Personally I don't like them due to looks and ergonomics. My mom and dad both have Sigs and love them though.

My favorite handguns to actually carry are double-stacked (10+1 rounds) compact/sub-compact style 1911 .45's with as much steel as possible. Personally I prefer them single action (I'm weird that way).

EDIT: If you have smaller hands stay with a single stack 1911. Doubles have a really thick grip.

For some reason the smaller size makes them feel even beefier for some reason. Like you're holding a serious hand-cannon instead of a gun. I nailed a target the size of grapefruit from about a 100 yards away with the older version of the gun below (para P10-45) and it only has a 3" barrel...

Like this sub compact... http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=38
Going to express my right to bare arms! or conceal anyway! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHyLooVB4SY6fbQqHAPkS6yaaF5NuTxJUkKingONktsPLBtbs0_Q

I love my Beretta, but it isn't very comfortable to carry around in a waist-style holster.

Last edited by Metalzoic on 2011-02-05, 22:01; edited 2 times in total

no liquor tax...what? there's always something for that. I refuse to believe they would sell it to you completely duty/sin-tax free.

TexasMace

TexasMace

Damn, Metal that's a sweet-ass pistola! Para is a very good brand too so I may have to get one of those after my AR build.

In Texas the Concealed Carry course costs you $150 and then the license has a price and on top of all that you have to re-up after two years I think.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I have a fondness for Para-Ordnance guns. They have a very serious-business look to them that I like.

Kimber makes excellent 1911's as well but I don't think they have a double-stacked sub-compact.

TexasMace

TexasMace

I have the small hands problem so I only look for single stack pistols.
That's what I'm really diggin' on that pistol! I mean it's gotta shoot well but the look of it is everything to me and that is one cool lookin' pistol.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Well that Para also comes in a single stack version (I put a better picture of it in my previous post). Here's the kimber single stack sub-.45. I think the Kimbers might be double actions...

Going to express my right to bare arms! or conceal anyway! Stainlessultracarryii

Personally I think the Para looks 10 times beefier.

TexasMace

TexasMace

Yep, Para looks better. I want a single stack .45 or .40. I had a Ruger P94 and I loved that thing, even though it was as heavy as a hunk of lead, it would put a crater in the ground and kicked like a horse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum