Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whats your favorite game so far this year?

+6
Grey
Artimise Flare
ConciliarFox
Honey Badger
Keyser Söze
Symbolic
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Symbolic

Symbolic

Mine is a tie between Dead Space 2 and Killzone 3.

Honorable mentions-

Marvel vs.Capcom 3
Two Worlds 2
Little Big Planet 2

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Shit, I haven't played any new games yet...

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

I havent played most of them.
Dragon age 2
Dead space 2
Fight night
thats all i believe
but i choose Dragon age.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Only new game I've really gotten is Bulletstorm and I loved it.

Games I started playing this year but aren't new: Mass Effect 1+2

MvC3 was good, fighters just don't do it for me anymore, I guess thats why I traded it in for MS points.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

So far for 2011?

Dragons Age 2
Shift 2 Unleashed
Homefront
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2 Retribution

Dragons Age 2 and surprisingly Homefront thus far.

As much as I disliked the shortness of the SP, HF's multiplayer keeps me coming back for some odd reason.

Dragons Age 2, great game, love the new pacing for combat and the voice acting is good as usual. Such is the standard of Biowares VA's, however, it's absolutely inferior in almost every aspect when it comes to storyline. Love it to pieces, but Dragons Age: Origins and Awakening just had a much more gripping storyline. If DA2 didn't have you staying in Kirkwall for the entire damn game, then it wouldn't have been so bad, but alas, that is not the case.

Grey

Grey

Same as last year. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I would vote for BC2 since thats what I spent most of my time one.

The only other new games I bought were Dead Space 2 and Fallout NV. I prefered Dead space if I had to chose.

dead space 2 since I have only bought one game this year.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

probably RDR.

the contestants being H:Reach, RDR and Homefront. easy decision Razz

Symbolic

Symbolic

Im talking about releases in 2011.

I also agree about DA2. Liked it alot, but loved Origins. The story just isnt very good imo, and walking around Kirkwall for 40 hours kinda sucks. I liked it though, still a fun rpg.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

^ oh, in that case homefront is the only contender XD

Grey

Grey

Then... Hmm... I don't know. Maybe Brink when I get it.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Dead Space 2. By far one of the greatest stories in the FPS genre today. While yes Mass Effect series has a great story too, I consider that more of a RPG game than FPS.

Kalei2418 wrote:Dead Space 2. By far one of the greatest stories in the FPS genre today. While yes Mass Effect series has a great story too, I consider that more of a RPG game than FPS.
Someone has not played many FPS also dead space 2 is a third person horror game.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

t-800 wrote:
Kalei2418 wrote:Dead Space 2. By far one of the greatest stories in the FPS genre today. While yes Mass Effect series has a great story too, I consider that more of a RPG game than FPS.
Someone has not played many FPS also dead space 2 is a third person horror game.

Technicality. It's still a shooter.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

The whole survivor horror genere is just another type of shooter. I don't see the point in splitting hairs over it.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I'm waiting to buy one... will probably be Gears 3 and Battlefield 3. I'm drooling with anticipation.

Awesome Terry! wrote:The whole survivor horror genere is just another type of shooter. I don't see the point in splitting hairs over it.

People need to play Amnesia. That's real survival horror right there. When you're scared shitless in a dark corner, knowing that there's absolutely nothing you can do but hide and hope for the best, while the danger passes and you are allowed to continue searching for your past, to know what your future will be, you know it's a good horror game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum