We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

FF guide part Deux

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FF guide part Deux Empty FF guide part Deux 2010-09-07, 09:57

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Okay sorry I took so long to finish this, I had some RL stuff to deal with.

Okay, some more on Drafting. I know I seem to be kicking a dead horse, but a good draft will make a season that much easier.

1) Do some homework, go online, nfl.com, espn.com are good sites to look at rankings for every position, depth charts ( 1st stringer, 2nd stringers and such), and general help and advice. Some guys (ME!!!) do this from the end of the season till it begins the next year. You don't have to do that, check out a site a few hours, or leave up during a draft, and just become familiar with the names.

2) Find a way to keep track of the draft. There is nothing more embarrassing than choosing a guy, and find out he's already been drafted. Bring a pencil and paper, write down if can't do it any another way. What can help even more is tracking the other teams too, for future reference, or laughter.

3) Have thick skin. This is a game of opinion, yours stinks to your league's and vice versa. Good example: in a draft I had a little while ago, I chose a guy (CJ Spiller) and I got laughed at by my league. I made the decision for a reason (if you want to know why, ask me) and I'm sticking to it!

4) Pitcher-catcher is high risk, high reward. If you draft a QB and WR/TE/RB on the same team, and your QB throws a TD pass to your WR/TE/RB, you get double the points for one TD (one TD per player), but if they have a bad game, your screwed. This MY OPINION , some people do this everytime I draft. I'm not one of them, and I don't really advise friends to do it. Another problem to watch for with this is...

5) Bye-weeks. Know, see them, try not to have multiple people in the same position with the same bye week. I'm 0 pts. you may want a guy to be a back-up QB, but has the same bye as your starter, you gotta find a guy that plays when your starter isn't, that's the role of your back-up.

6) You are not required to trade, or Add/drop players. There is no rule that says you have to trade a player or drop a guy after a bad week. As a rule I don't trade my players unless it's an offer I can't refuse. If your not sure of what your being offered, ask the other guys in your league. When you offer a trade, try to make it even, give them a guy they need for a guy you need. If you have a guy that has a bad week, don't drop him right away. You should drop for: Out for the year, lost his position to someone else, 4-5 weeks of horrible points. IMO

7) Set 1 day a week to manage your team. Pick a day, any day, to look at your team, set your line-up for the week, make any moves you need to. Keep in mind, some games are on Thursday nights, and once those guys play, you can't do a thing.

Cool That guy who had a break-out game, he's on your bench, or playing against him. Never fails, it happens to everyone about once a season, and there is no way to avoid it.

9) Sleepers. Guys that haven't really done anything, but have generated some buzz, or none at all. If you know some, or been given info on some, try not to draft too many. It can work in your favor, or be an epic fail. Sleepers can make or break your team, and picking them year after year consistently is the mark of a pro. This takes lots of homework, and mistakes.

10) You will make mistakes, look like an idiot, and everyone will remember it for years to come. It's the name of the game, and is a right of initiation. Don't take the jokes personally, EVERYONE has done it. You now know not to do it again. Another mark of a pro, he has plenty of stories about his mistakes. (I'll share some of mine if you care to know)

Lastly) Have fun. The excitement fantasy football can bring to a boring game, or just proving that CJ Spiller will tear apart defense's this year, makes want to do it again next yearm even after drafting my kicker too early. This can be fun, but if it isn't for you, it isn't for you.

any thought's or comment, you know the drill, I hope this helps everyone.

2FF guide part Deux Empty Re: FF guide part Deux 2010-09-07, 16:02

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

Thanks for this man, btw didnt spiller just get arrested?

drafts wednesday rite?

3FF guide part Deux Empty Re: FF guide part Deux 2010-09-07, 17:47

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Honestly, I don't know. I haven't heard anything if he has. He's my back up any way. I got Gore and Arian Foster for starters.

Draft is wednesday. If we can get enough people to fill the league. If we don't have 12 people by draft time, they delete the league.

4FF guide part Deux Empty Re: FF guide part Deux 2010-09-07, 18:01

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

we need us some peoples

5FF guide part Deux Empty Re: FF guide part Deux 2010-09-07, 18:05

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Yes, yes we do! I'm hoping the guide will sway some people if they didn't really know what to do.

6FF guide part Deux Empty Re: FF guide part Deux 2010-09-07, 20:11

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

YOULL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!

7FF guide part Deux Empty Re: FF guide part Deux 2010-09-08, 11:19

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Fine then, I'll take you dead, I'm sure I can use some zombie fodder.

8FF guide part Deux Empty Re: FF guide part Deux 2010-09-08, 16:04

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

mmm... zombie brain gun ammo..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum