American History X

+3
Captain Pirate Pineapple
The Adli Corporation
DRGN LRD 1213
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1American History X Empty American History X 2011-04-29, 09:29

I watched this last night. I had seen it before but watching it again made me want to discuss it with you fine individuals.

For those who say they aren't racist on any level. Watch this movie. It completely highlights how racism is still very much everywhere. Very hard to watch in a few scenes but overall a very good flick. Ed Norton is so awesome.

I won't spoil it, but this should have been my choice for movie of the week.

2American History X Empty Re: American History X 2011-04-29, 09:43

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I watched this a while ago so I do not remember it really. Might have to watch it again soon.

Racist is always tricky. I try and not be racist. I would say most of the time I am not. Really I would say I am more judgemental against people depending on the location. For instance last week when I was out with one of the salesman he stopped to get lunch at this............... bar looking building that he said was a fish place. We where in a poorer section of town and I said. Holy hell I am not going in there we'll get murndered. We had on on busines clothes where everyone else was ...... scroungy?! But we went in and the people where nice and the food was good. But this is not racism? What would this be called? Judgeing someone by their class?

3American History X Empty Re: American History X 2011-04-29, 09:50

Exactly. I have a lot of friends who are different races. Even though I'm not looking down on any of them, we make racial jokes about eachother all the time. It seems harmless, but it's there.

4American History X Empty Re: American History X 2011-04-29, 09:52

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Sad but at work we have a guy that looks Mexican but he's not. Well there are jokes that fly around though I imagine we shouldn;t.

5American History X Empty Re: American History X 2011-04-29, 10:09

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Brian wrote:Exactly. I have a lot of friends who are different races. Even though I'm not looking down on any of them, we make racial jokes about eachother all the time. It seems harmless, but it's there.

same, but none of us mean it. its a jokey thing Smile

6American History X Empty Re: American History X 2011-04-29, 10:16

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

I love this movie. It's a really great movie. I know many people that hate Ed Norton because of this movie. Kind of sad though, since I think he's a good actor, but he did play a very good character to hate throughout most of the movie.

7American History X Empty Re: American History X 2011-04-29, 11:30

Crombie

Crombie

Fantastic movie, I guess the original director had a totally different half of the movie but when the producers got ahold of it decided that it sucked. They brought in a new Director to film the other half of it, I think Ed took a roal in the new direction as well. Anyways it was going to end up being an Alan Smithee film but was saved that embaressment.

Great movie but a little unrealistic though.

Spoiler:

8American History X Empty Re: American History X 2011-04-29, 15:23

Bane

Bane

Crombie wrote:Fantastic movie, I guess the original director had a totally different half of the movie but when the producers got ahold of it decided that it sucked. They brought in a new Director to film the other half of it, I think Ed took a roal in the new direction as well. Anyways it was going to end up being an Alan Smithee film but was saved that embaressment.

Spoiler:

I disagree with you on that.

Spoiler:

Then again, you are probably right in some regards. It is a good movie and anyone who hasn't seen definitely should. It did give me a lot of food for thought.

9American History X Empty Re: American History X 2011-04-29, 15:26

Symbolic

Symbolic

Its a great movie. Ed Norton is one of the best actors going, and has been for years. This movie is one of his defining roles. And fuck the people who hate him for playing a skin head. Cloae minded is all that is.

10American History X Empty Re: American History X 2011-04-29, 15:32

Bane

Bane

The only people that would hate him for that role would be ones who haven't seen the film. The movie is all about his transformation and him trying to keep his brother from taking the same road that he did.

11American History X Empty Re: American History X 2011-04-29, 15:34

Symbolic

Symbolic

That movie showed me the true horror of the curb stomp.

" bite the curb motherfucker"

Brutal

12American History X Empty Re: American History X 2011-04-29, 17:39

Crombie

Crombie

Bane wrote:
Crombie wrote:Fantastic movie, I guess the original director had a totally different half of the movie but when the producers got ahold of it decided that it sucked. They brought in a new Director to film the other half of it, I think Ed took a roal in the new direction as well. Anyways it was going to end up being an Alan Smithee film but was saved that embaressment.

Spoiler:

I disagree with you on that.

Spoiler:

Then again, you are probably right in some regards. It is a good movie and anyone who hasn't seen definitely should. It did give me a lot of food for thought.

Spoiler:

Yeah that curb stomp was awesome, still gives me chills when you hear his teeth on the concrete.

13American History X Empty Re: American History X 2011-04-30, 09:46

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Great movie. I don't think I can find one fault in it to be honest.

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum