New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh Em Gee! Company of Heroes 2?!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

So I was browsing around GFAQ's and came across a thread mentioning that Relic is working on a sequel to CoH. This is my number 1 RTS game of all time, it was leagues ahead of its time as far as graphics, the strategy involved with units taking cover and the need to flank certain tanks due to weaker side armor was simply unheard of in an RTS. The level of destruction you could do to the environment was absolutely amazing, I've never seen another game like it. To top it all off, it is set in my most favorite era of wartime history. World War II (Tiger I tanks? Yes please!)

Sadly, the franchise went on hiatus for the longest of times, Opposing Front being its only true expansion worth mentioning, so I waited for nearly six years now, just about giving up hope that Relic would ever turn their gaze back onto the franchise which, IMO, is quite possibly the greatest masterpiece of their RTS games.

You can bet your sock I was squealing like a Jr high school tween at a Twilight midnight premier when I heard that a sequel was being worked on. An announcement is apparently scheduled in August, and I simply CANNOT wait to hear more about this. 2011 just got better, and it only gets me more anxious to know that I probably won't be able to play it if it does release (I suspect in 2012) because I'll be in the service.

But for any of you who don't know what this game is, I suggest you check it out if you got the rig to run it (It's old, but still beautiful). If you are as big of a WWII nut as I am and love RTS games, you will NOT be disappointed with Company of Heroes.

http://www.companyofheroes.com/announcements/one-week-left-for-coho

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum