Duck
Ron Swanson
Zillah
Symbolic
The Adli Corporation
Ante
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-10, 18:01

Ante

Ante

http://kotaku.com/5810589/these-are-your-favourite-games-of-e3-2011

Battlefield 3 at number 1 with 21.28%
MW3 at 13th with a whopping 1.64%

I'm starting to think BF3 might just be able to outsell MW3.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

hot damn, poor bobby kotick Razz

Symbolic

Symbolic

No way in hell it outsells MW3. Every 16 year old and younger in America will have their moms buy it for them. This is just fact lol.

Zillah

Zillah

Fuck yeah BF3!

Ante

Ante

Symbolic wrote:No way in hell it outsells MW3. Every 16 year old and younger in America will have their moms buy it for them. This is just fact lol.

Do you see how big the difference is in hype there? Think about it. BF3 will be out 2 weeks before MW3 hits the shelves. That's 2 weeks that all the top Youtube commentators will be exclusively posting BF3 content which will boost sales exponentially. BF3 has the potential to put CoD down for good and I think it will.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

half of me wants COD to die, but half of me wants it to live, as only COD can tie down the COD kids Razz

Ante

Ante

Le Frog wrote:half of me wants COD to die, but half of me wants it to live, as only COD can tie down the COD kids Razz

They'll all be playing TDM so conquest and rush can be left to the champs, AKA us.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

This might just be the year that the whole CoD trend starts to fade. Nothing last forever, and that includes cornering the FPS market. CoD has to start it's decline (from popularity) someday.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Ante wrote:
Symbolic wrote:No way in hell it outsells MW3. Every 16 year old and younger in America will have their moms buy it for them. This is just fact lol.

Do you see how big the difference is in hype there? Think about it. BF3 will be out 2 weeks before MW3 hits the shelves. That's 2 weeks that all the top Youtube commentators will be exclusively posting BF3 content which will boost sales exponentially. BF3 has the potential to put CoD down for good and I think it will.

I hope to god your right

10Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Re: Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-10, 20:28

Duck

Duck

People are always mentioning how CoD has way more popularity, but everywhere you look EVERYONE is talking about how CoD is the evil empire that BF is taking down. I've legitimately seen more preference for BF3 to MW3 everywhere, from youtube to gamefaqs, and even at school.

11Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Re: Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-10, 20:43

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Did you see in the Video

The knife looked like it worked although it had a stupid animation which could be a pain

12Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Re: Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-10, 20:45

Zillah

Zillah

Ashitaka wrote:People are always mentioning how CoD has way more popularity, but everywhere you look EVERYONE is talking about how CoD is the evil empire that BF is taking down. I've legitimately seen more preference for BF3 to MW3 everywhere, from youtube to gamefaqs, and even at school.

you need to spend more time with the whole 8 - 13 year old crowd. as a whole they're mostly still obsessed with CoD. Ill ask my little brothers friends if theyve seen the BF3 trailers recently and they usually go something like "uhhh.. no, MW3! doesnt it look so awesome! I cant wait"

13Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Re: Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-10, 20:48

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You should tell their parents that CoD is too mature for them Very Happy

Also to whoever said that the CoD crowd would just play TDM your wrong look at BC2 you get people trying to whore their K/D up in Rush and Conquest

Ironically from the games ive played SDM seems to have less campers

14Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Re: Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-10, 21:43

Shinma

Shinma

You know your franchise is dying when more people are excited to see yet another Mario game on a handheld system. Nothing wrong with Mario, but damn lol!

Le Frog wrote:half of me wants COD to die, but half of me wants it to live, as only COD can tie down the COD kids Razz

And this Neutral

15Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Re: Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-10, 21:48

Grey

Grey

Ante wrote:

They'll all be playing TDM so conquest and rush can be left to the champs, AKA us.

But. The same thing will happen in BF3 as it did in CoD. People will learn that they can get more kills in Conquest and Rush than in TDM. So we're going to have those teamates that just play to kill.

16Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Re: Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-10, 22:01

Ante

Ante

Doctor Whoof wrote:
Ante wrote:

But. The same thing will happen in BF3 as it did in CoD. People will learn that they can get more kills in Conquest and Rush than in TDM. So we're going to have those teamates that just play to kill.

Yeah but they'll get lost on the bigger maps (TDM maps are going to be smaller) and we'll already know all the flanking routes, so not only will we get uber objective points, we'll get easy kills! Yay kills!

17Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Re: Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-10, 23:31

Ante

Ante

I dunno, I never have a problem with this. Maybe I'm just too awesome.

Ugh, Kirby moment, sorry.

18Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Re: Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-10, 23:33

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn wrote:
Ante wrote:
Doctor Whoof wrote:
Ante wrote:

Yeah but they'll get lost on the bigger maps (TDM maps are going to be smaller) and we'll already know all the flanking routes, so not only will we get uber objective points, we'll get easy kills! Yay kills!

Not really in Objective modes kill whores are particularly annoying because they know exactly were you have to be

19Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Re: Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-10, 23:35

Ante

Ante

wtf just happened

20Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Re: Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-10, 23:36

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I meant to edit myself since my post somehow wound up in what i was quoting

I then quoted myself on accident instead so i edited it there and just deleted the previous one

MOD POWERS ACTIVATE Very Happy

21Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Re: Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-11, 01:26

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Doctor Whoof wrote:
Ante wrote:

This is why they need to jack the objective points up much higher. So the people just kill farming and not playing to win stay at the bottom of the scoreboard until they learn.

22Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Re: Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-11, 07:33

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

BF3 looks good, and I can;t wait for it, I actually will pre-order it soon. Kinda hoping CoD stays around just so BF doesn't become the focus of everyone's hate for being popular

23Yet another epic win by BF3 Empty Re: Yet another epic win by BF3 2011-06-11, 12:10

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Even though I enjoy battlefield more I really enjoy playing both games.

So long as the MP in MW3 is at least at the standard of every previous CoD then I'll be picking it up to. CoD gives me my Free-for-all fix.

The best game mode ever is Frontlines. If they made Rush like that I'd be happy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum