New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any fighter plane game fans here?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I'm looking into a good jet game to get into, and while I like Ace Combat, I am also looking into other fighter plane games. I owned Il2 Sturmovik for a while, but I had a standard def TV at the time and it was too hard to play with my craptastic vision. May pick it up again later.

Makes no difference to me if it's modern jets or WWII fighters (I love old fashioned MG dog fights)

Any suggestions? Doesn't have to be on consoles mind you, I'm open for PC flight games as well.

EDIT: Oops, meant to post this in the game section, my bad. Can a mod please move this topic?

TexasMace

TexasMace

I'm a big fan of Ace Combat but if anyone knows of a good WWII game I'd love to know of it too.

Moved Topic

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

IL-2 Sturmovik is a great WWII flight game for 360 and PS3, only issue is that it's hard to play on a SD TV, and that's the only reason I returned it. May pick it up again though, was released back in 2009.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/il-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey/9548

Oh yeah, game play for the new Ace Combat. Looks damn sexy IMO.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/close-range-assault-ace-combat/716905

Zillah

Zillah

Blazing Angles is fun, although I wouldnt call it a good game.

The funniest thing about that game is that theres only 5 achievements, each worth 200 points

Kitsune

Kitsune

I like Ace Combat; I used to have a flight simulator for PC that simulated realistic damage though and a joystick to play it with. If the areas where wiring that controls the plane's movement was affected. For instance, if they hit you in the right wing while you were turning to the right in the correct spot, your plane would spin to the right, and out of control sometimes, unless it was barely going, and you couldn't turn right anymore. If the fuel tank was hit, your fuel would begin to leak, and your plane may even explode. If the engine took a bad hit, it could die, your plane would stall, and you would have to do an emergency landing/crash. Getting hit dead center in the cockpit caused your plane to explode instantly, to simulate instant death if the pilot was hit. I loved that game, it was a lot of fun. Very Happy

TexasMace

TexasMace

I have Blazing Angels and quit after the sand storm mission. ugh

Zillah

Zillah

TexasMace wrote:I have Blazing Angels and quit after the sand storm mission. ugh

haha, yeah that mission was really confusing. The worst part was that you had to listen to these germans talk over the radio forever...

Grey

Grey

The last fighter plane game I played was Combat Flight Simulator 2. I played the shit out of that game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum