i've gone to the dark side D':

+4
The Adli Corporation
Ante
D
Heebs
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1i've gone to the dark side D': Empty i've gone to the dark side D': 2011-07-22, 16:21

Heebs

Heebs

i thought i would never listen to Nicki Minaj because i heard something she did a while back and did not like it at all, so i wrote her off entirely.

i heard this song on the radio the other day, didn't know who it was, and really liked it, went home, googled the lyrics, and nearly started crying. just like Lady GaGa (back when she did Alejandro, not this new Judas/Born This Way GARBAGE), i now like something Nicki Minaj has made.

self, i am so disappoint.

D

The only comments I have on the matter are inappropriate.

Ante

Ante

Yeesh! wtf is this!

Heebs

Heebs

D':

i want to throw myself off the nearest building.

/shame

I dont even know who that is. But you made a Star Wars reference. so....

*Waves hand around*

"This isn't the youtube video you are looking for"

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

WTAF.

heebs... just no. never.

Ante

Ante

i've gone to the dark side D': Songiamdisappoint-1

It's okay Heebs, we all make mistakes.

Heebs

Heebs

hold me.

i've gone to the dark side D': Tumblr_lootoj639A1qh6unt

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

no. not until you purge that song out of your corrupted soul.

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

Augh... auto-tune. Poopies.

I like how she raps so quickly, but the chorus is awful, and the lyrics really aren't any good at all.

Today's pop music makes me question the population's sanity/intelligence.
But they all look at me like I'm crazy for not liking the top 40 hits, so... whatever.

She's just a black Gaga.

Heebs

Heebs

i know, i hate myself right now.

but i really, REALLY hate Lady GaGa. i want her to diaf about three times, maybe more. is that mean? i don't think that it is.

Lady Gaga is frigin weird. I dont get what people like about her.

Though poker face gets stuck in my head.

Heebs

Heebs

i don't like most of the stuff GaGa puts out, but i do like a few of her songs.

she's just so frackin' strange, like wearing a dress made out of meat and people are OBSESSED by her, it just makes me want to hang myself.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

its because people mistake being weird for being avant-garde.

just because she's wearing meat, doesnt mean shes a genius. it just makes her evidently unstable.

Heebs

Heebs

she wore a latex Victorian-ish dress to meet the Queen of England, too. i thought that was so repulsive for some reason, show some freaking respect.

smfh for that bitch, i can't even.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

fuck that.

if i was a guard i'd have shot her.
gotta defend the queen from raving nutcases Razz

Heebs

Heebs

i would have lol'd so hard if the Queen would've been all like, "Bitch, you tacky, gtfo."

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

No, she's just using the same strategy Madonna used to climb the charts: shock value.
Remember those conical bras? Or even her first single, "like a virgin?" That was raunchy back in what... '82? I know most of us weren't born yet, including myself, but things have changed in the past 30 years. Now GaGa is what's over the top, because we're used to what Madonna has done. Minaj is following the same formula. Even though the music is just standard pop, the style is what catches the eye. Content does not matter in pop culture; it's all flash.
The goddamn lyrics don't even have to make sense, or even have a hint of creativity to them. There is no mystery to what the message is; the lyrics don't have to be deciphered like poetry. They're transparent, and obvious, for general consumption.

NOT. EVEN. ART.

Heebs

Heebs

HAL 9000 wrote:No, she's just using the same strategy Madonna used to climb the charts: shock value.
Remember those conical bras? Or even her first single, "like a virgin?" That was raunchy back in what... '82? I know most of us weren't born yet, including myself, but things have changed in the past 30 years. Now GaGa is what's over the top, because we're used to what Madonna has done. Minaj is following the same formula. Even though the music is just standard pop, the style is what catches the eye. Content does not matter in pop culture; it's all flash.
The goddamn lyrics don't even have to make sense, or even have a hint of creativity to them. There is no mystery to what the message is; the lyrics don't have to be deciphered like poetry. They're transparent, and obvious, for general consumption.

NOT. EVEN. ART.

now you understand my distress. i always get mad at myself for inadvertently liking trashy pop. kill me now, kthx.

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

You can't blame yourself for enjoying the melody and the beat, though. It's engineered to be catchy.

At least you recognize it for being sub-par.

D

It's ok to like it Heebs.

Sheesh.

Heebs

Heebs

lol, thanks D

but i still am really annoyed that i like it, is that dumb? it kind of is, but i can't help it. i'll get over it, i always do. same thing when i started liking Five Finger Death Punch, i wanted to scrub out my eardrums with a coat hanger >.>

What's wrong with FFDP?

Heebs

Heebs

nothing now, they're one of my favorite bands.

but once upon a time i thought they sucked hardcore, then i heard Walk Away and did not know who it was, googled it, and nearly started crying.

this happens to me a lot it would seem >.>

now i think FFDP's lead singer as the most epic voice evar.

Okay then....

*puts away golf club*

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

FFDP did an acceptable cover of Bad Company. nothing beats the original, but thats hardly their fault Razz

Heebs

Heebs

LOL!

don't hurt me... D':

D

Wish Bear wrote:lol, thanks D

but i still am really annoyed that i like it, is that dumb? it kind of is, but i can't help it. i'll get over it, i always do. same thing when i started liking Five Finger Death Punch, i wanted to scrub out my eardrums with a coat hanger >.>

Just like what you like girlfriend.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

unless its rape and cannibalism... in which case dont.

D

Mein Fur-er wrote:unless its rape and cannibalism... in which case dont.

One or the other, but never both.

Never both.

Heebs

Heebs

D00MSDAY DEVICE wrote:
Wish Bear wrote:lol, thanks D

Just like what you like girlfriend.

i've gone to the dark side D': Tumblr_llz0ibePsL1qii6tmo1_500

D

Atta girl!

Khfan60

Khfan60

Wow, that was the sluttiest(?) music video i've ever seen.

Heebs

Heebs

really? go watch any Lady GaGa video in existence and you will have to amend that statement lol

Symbolic

Symbolic

HAL 9000 wrote:No, she's just using the same strategy Madonna used to climb the charts: shock value.

NOT. EVEN. ART.

Fucking nailed it right here.

Now this thread needs some balancing.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/64K00Uamjn0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Grey

Grey

Wish Bear wrote:i thought i would never listen to Nicki Minaj because i heard something she did a while back and did not like it at all, so i wrote her off entirely.

i heard this song on the radio the other day, didn't know who it was, and really liked it, went home, googled the lyrics, and nearly started crying. just like Lady GaGa (back when she did Alejandro, not this new Judas/Born This Way GARBAGE), i now like something Nicki Minaj has made.

self, i am so disappoint.

Three things:
1) She blinks a lot
2) One of the most random music videos ever
3) i've gone to the dark side D': S0ylq0

Khfan60

Khfan60

Wish Bear wrote:really? go watch any Lady GaGa video in existence and you will have to amend that statement lol

I think i'll pass >_>

Heebs

Heebs

Communist Bear wrote:
Wish Bear wrote:really? go watch any Lady GaGa video in existence and you will have to amend that statement lol

I think i'll pass >_>

this is a very smart decision.

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

This is what pop music should be:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mgpgkI3eMxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't watch the video. Just dance.

Heebs

Heebs

i actually really like this, Cram. reminds me of really awesome 80's songs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum