Dropped Da Soap
1fnbighen
ALargeEffinFry
19 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnzAapiT_sQ&sns=em

I'm fine with the first one, it's not bad. But the other parts? Seriously, what the fuck?

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

meh, fuck snipers. get your balls into the gunfight like a man

i dont mind it at all

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Wow, that is insane. Still though, who cares. I can see it being weird in maps like the underground tunnel and crap. But for the open maps, I see why they did it.

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

I mean, sure it's great, but it shouldn't even do that in a pitch black tunnel.

Symbolic

Symbolic

ALargeEffinFry wrote:I mean, sure it's great, but it shouldn't even do that in a pitch black tunnel.

It depends what kind of light source is behind the shooter. But regardless, i agree, its a bit to much. I dont like snipers, but thats overkill imo.

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

The only place I agree with glint underground was when he was in the lighted hallway. That makes sense.

And ya symbolic, it's a bit too much. I guess everyone complained enough so they just nerfed the recon class to shit.

asdf

asdf

If they just went for full realism and made snipers one-hit monsters, the game would be so much better. You know how they would fix the overkill? They should just make it harder to become a sniper and get accurate sniper rifles.

Zillah

Zillah

yeah but then the point of the game becomes to get the recon class, and thats what most peoples priority would end up being :/

Grey

Grey

Thumbs up

TheGM

TheGM

FUCK SNIPERS!!! Those assholes have damn near killed BC2 anyway.

Designated Marksman >>>> Sniper any day of the week.

Now if it only pops up when you are looking down the scope then, fine by me. Only poop snipers look down the scope on a constant basis and those are the fuckers that need to be punished. Same with Quick Scoping Fucktards pretending to be on fucking Safari.

Well bitches this is the new Jungle and I am Teddy God Damn Roosevelt and I will be the one doing the hunting around here!

Sniper scope glint is fucking insane Teddy_roosevelt_vs__bigfoot_by_sharpwriter-d3a72w4-500x323

Symbolic

Symbolic

LOL that shit was funny

Ante

Ante

Guys. Alpha. Alllllllllllpha.

This was actually already toned down at one point during testing.

Relax.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

wow from the footage I've seen I always thought those were what the engi flashlights looked like from far away.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

..... are we sure those aren't flashlights mounted on guns? I belive Ante about them turning that down, because that would RUIN the recon class. more so than it deserves.

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

Nope, not flash lights. Those were scope glints. But I do think it's only when you are scoped.

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

Read the comments on the vid. They're scope glints, but they've been nerfed.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Yea I would have no problem with that if it only happened if your were scoped. It would punish all the 1337 snipers out there who do nothing but bush wookie it up from 45 miles away.

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

I don't care if snipers are worthless 95% of the time, that glare is just way too obvious.

Also since we're on the topic of Recons, can anyone tell me what tools and weapons they have at their disposal, now? I'm hoping for more semi-auto and automatic rifles, and I'm curious if they still have mortars, c4 and pokeballs.

Zillah

Zillah

I dont know... its already easy enough to spot people as is.

With that much glint, they might as well take us up on our idea of just placing a huge red diamond on top of all the snipers' head.

@Cram - all kit weapons are submachine guns now, and recons have battle-rifles and standard sniper rifles as their main weapons. not sure about gadgets.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I don't think the motion sensors are in this game. but I could be wrong

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

I didn't mind it at all, until I realized that in 99% of defending Rush games I would be blinded by twelve of those focusing their hate-light on me at once.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Shaymojack wrote:I didn't mind it at all, until I realized that in 99% of defending Rush games I would be blinded by twelve of those focusing their hate-light on me at once.

this made me LOL at work so my boss gave me a weird look.

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

Wait... All kit weapons are SMGs. Engineer weapons are carbines? I thought they were pretty much the same thing. I mean, I know a Carbine is a shortened version of an assault rifle, right? Anyway, how do they behave differently? Are the all kit weapons ONLY SMGs? Where do shotguns belong?

Zillah

Zillah

not really sure tbh, but i bet ante would know.

and terry... i feel like your boss is always watching you. he's on to you!

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I searched for Terry's Boss and this is what I found.
Sniper scope glint is fucking insane Film_51w_Brazil_w192
Your boss is scary Terry

Last edited by Metalzoic on 2011-08-06, 19:22; edited 1 time in total

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

What the hell?! Shocked
I got that weird "enter the code exactly as it appears" thing again when i posted that.

razelas

razelas

lol, that is fucking ridiculous

really liked the one comment that said:

"

I really hope that's a flashlight in the tunnel >_>"

Ante

Ante

From what I've seen, there aren't any SMG's in the game, period.

Carbines for engineers.
PDWs as all-kit weapons. This would include the P90 and MP-7.

Kitsune

Kitsune

If they keep sniper scope glare, they had better make the sniper MUCH more powerful to ensure that they kill more consistently. Also, if you die a lot to snipers, you're doing it wrong.

Tater

Tater

From what i read. I'm glad they nerfed/are nerfing the recon class.

with 12v12 on the console, that will force more people into the fight. making for more epic battles (hopefully).

Less wookies equals LESS annoyance with their pesky bolt actions.

*OMG da taters started a recon sucks arguement.

No i di'int

Ante

Ante

Nerfing the recon class won't force more would be wookies into battle. They'll still be bush wookies, only now they'll be even more useless thanks to pointless nerfs.

Nerfing an underpowered class to make people choose something else is such a stupid thing to do. If DICE didn't want people playing recon, why not merge it into other classes and get rid of it?

Herp fucking derp.

Last edited by Vinyl Scratch on 2011-08-08, 12:27; edited 1 time in total

Tater

Tater

It's all about catering to the NUBs now a days.

*OMG i can't play this game.... WAHHHHHHH

*gaming developer: We Fix this NAO.

*game developer: ok pansey we fix for you mucho bueno.

*pansey gamer: OMG now i need more ammo and a laser blaster to go with my new class.

*game developer: You want laser blasters that shoot out magical chocolate farts.. Wink you got it.

Ante

Ante

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or arguing.

Tater

Tater

I'm agreeing.

Zillah

Zillah

Vinyl Scratch wrote:Nerfing the recon class won't force more would be wookies into battle. They'll still be bush wookies, only now they'll be even more useless thanks to pointless nerfs.

Nerfing an underpowered class to make people choose something else is such a stupid thing to do. If DICE didn't want people playing recon, why not merge it into other classes and get rid of it?

Herp fucking derp.

at least now they'll be easy as hell to kill. and since ill be playing this game with everyone on here im not too worried about useless team mates.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Ante, did you just say that the Recon class is underpowered D:?

Ante

Ante

Uh, yes?

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

What?

Why? How?

Either put a red dot or 4x in any of the sniper rifles or use an all-kit weapon. Motion sensors and C4. Assault wookiees are a beast. If you're good enough to use your rifle in CQC without the need of a red dot or 4x, you're basically a one man army with long range capabilities, anti tank, spotter, infiltrator, saboteur, and a demolition man.

Recon is probably the most versatile class in BC2. The only thing they can't kill are choppers.

If you mean in BF3, then I have no clue, but it's obvious that they are being nerfed because of the bush wookiee fests in BC2.

Ante

Ante

Hold the phone, I'm talking about BF3. Not BC2.

My favorite class setup is X bolt-action rifle with 4x scope + mag ammo and C4 in BC2. I know it's versatile in that game.

And I've taken out mid-flight choppers with C4 before, so they can do that too. Razz

Tater

Tater

Vinyl Scratch wrote:And I've taken out mid-flight choppers with C4 before, so they can do that too. Razz

+1 for airburst c4 kills!!!

their my fave next to the countersniping m870 w/ teh slugs bounce

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

HAL 9000 wrote:Wait... All kit weapons are SMGs. Engineer weapons are carbines? I thought they were pretty much the same thing. I mean, I know a Carbine is a shortened version of an assault rifle, right? Anyway, how do they behave differently? Are the all kit weapons ONLY SMGs? Where do shotguns belong?

Sub Machine Gun: The Sub Machine Gun is a carbine designed to fire in full automatic while chambered to shoot pistol cartridges. It combines the fire power of a machinegun with the low recoil impulse of pistol cartridges allowing a more easily controlled weapon in CQC.

See Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sub_machine_gun

Carbines: Are weapons that are shorter than a rifle (Example, M4 Carbine, M16 Rifle. AK74u Carbine, Ak74 Rifle) and are typically shorten versions of full length rifles and fire the same cartridge. Carbines are the compromise between an SMG and a full length rifle, being more maneuverable in CQC while still retaining some of the advantages of a rifle by having a longer effective range and more stopping power than a Sub Machine Gun. However unlike a rifle or SMG they share some of the disadvantages due to the compromise, they'll never achieve the same effective range of a full length rifle due to the shorter barrel and remain accurate, nor will they be as compact or maneuverable as a sub machine gun in building clearing or urban settings.

See Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbine

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

thank you for the clarifacation professor Flare lol Cool

Tater

Tater

Clarification INDEED!!!

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Zillah wrote:

and since ill be playing this game with everyone on here I'm not too worried about useless team mates.

My work schedule is going to be changing come September so I probably won't be able to play with you gents very often. My BF3 gaming will be relegated to afternoons so I'll probably just have to play with blueberries again...I'm dreading it to be honest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum