We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cell Phone

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cell Phone Empty Cell Phone 2011-08-21, 19:10

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

I went hiking yesterday at Ricketts Glen State Park (it's in PA). While hiking, I was using my old cell phone, HTC Droid Eris. While being in my pocket, and climbing on rocks, it just so happened that I slipped and fell on my ass into the water. Cell phone got wet. The Mini SD card that was in it, is from my current phone that I'm using, Samsung Fascinate. I was using it because it's a 16 GB card, and well I could hold more pictures.

Now, since the phone got wet, it doesn't seem to want to turn on anymore, and the card doesn't work with the adapter or in my phone. Anything I can do? I don't want to have to buy a new SD card. The phone really isn't that big of a deal since it's my old one and I've upgraded. I just want to at least be able to get the pictures off the SD card.

2Cell Phone Empty Re: Cell Phone 2011-08-22, 01:11

sheep

sheep

Hmmm. Water and memory cards don't tend to do well together. Give it a couple days and try again. If that doesn't work I think you're kind of screwed.

Now... Were you hiking drunk?

3Cell Phone Empty Re: Cell Phone 2011-08-22, 08:22

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

I was hungover. Drank until 4 in the morning to wake up at 6 to go hiking. It wasn't my best idea ever, but a fun one.

4Cell Phone Empty Re: Cell Phone 2011-08-22, 08:55

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

if you leave it in a warm dry place, it should dry out.
then try again.

if there is water still in it it will probably short circuit and then you're fucked Razz

5Cell Phone Empty Re: Cell Phone 2011-08-22, 09:59

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Put it in a bag of rice. The rice will draw the moisture out of the phone.

6Cell Phone Empty Re: Cell Phone 2011-08-22, 11:10

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Put it in a bag of rice. The rice will draw the moisture out of the phone.

That's what one of my friends had mentioned too.

7Cell Phone Empty Re: Cell Phone 2011-08-22, 11:19

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

This little trick does work wonders sometimes Kalei. Worth a shot anyway.

8Cell Phone Empty Re: Cell Phone 2011-08-22, 13:25

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:This little trick does work wonders sometimes Kalei. Worth a shot anyway.

I'll try it out when I get home. It most likely didn't help either that after I fell in the water, I kept putting it back into my pocket, which was wet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum