New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Destroyed Inheritance this weekend

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

In 3 days i read inheritance ALOT. Very good book. Now i need to go back and read eragon eldest and brisingr again

Duan

Duan

i was a bit put off by that book really.

loved brisingr but i was just annoyed at the really bad plotholes especially the spear.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Was a pretty good book

Still there was alot of loose ends IMO

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Yeah there were but i just kind of ignored them and just read. Still wish he wouldve just gotten with arya. Kind of pissed me off

Duan

Duan

i'm wish that someone else had become a rider.

if was so obvious that it was going to be her, but i hoped it wouldn't be

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah I was kind of hoping Roran or Katrina would become a rider

Would have been at least somewhat shocking

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Just kind of threw it in there so there was a new dragon to match the cover or a dragon imo. Also does anybody recommend another series similiar or equally entertaining?

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Ive had the whole series but Inheritance for years now. Since the first book came out. Never finished the first book....>_>

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

After all that time teasing it was kind of cruel how he cockblocks his main character while other halfs of their personality's are literally fucking each other Very Happy

Fablehaven, its kind of a little kids/girls series but I picked up one of the books while babysitting my little cousins and liked the fantasy creatures in it so read the series

Duan

Duan

Roran couldn't be a rider as his "thing" was being powerful with out magic. but Katrina could of been interesting

Pariah

Pariah

I found Arya being the Rider as dick move. I mean for fucks sake, when Eragon turns down the throne and says that no Rider should hold a position of further authority, Arya agreed.

and then like a month or two later, she becomes queen.

that earned my ire.

Duan

Duan

that's true i had never noticed that before ...

Pariah

Pariah

Arya is a fucking hypocrite.

Otherwise: I loved Roran's story, especially him becoming Earl of Palancar Valley at the end.

Loved the Battle With Galbatorix.

Am hugely frustrated by the ambiguity of Angela's story.

Duan

Duan

he said that he might write more about the world before galbatorix became king and maybe about Angala's backstory

Pariah

Pariah

Duan wrote: Angala's backstory

yes. a million times yes.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I think they meant a Human rider shouldnt become King

Being Queen of the Elves is a little bit different considering they seem more infallible than humans

Duan

Duan

yeah but still i think it still hypocritical as she could do her duty as a rider

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

And leave her people to start a civil war over the next ruler?

Pariah

Pariah

No one race is infallible Frost, not even the aylfkind. I think that'd actually be worse, since they're so heavily tied to magic, and Nasuada's campaign to control it would be detrimental.

In fact, I can already see the elves (Arya first of course) being corrupted by the power and using the Word to dominate the dragons and take over. I mean yeah, it'd take some time, but it seems likely.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah but to be fair they are a shitload less evil than humans plus she was like the princess anyway

Pariah

Pariah

Frostbyrn wrote:Yeah but to be fair they are a shitload less evil than humans plus she was like the princess anyway
they still had the potential, and really, they were the most powerful race by far. They could pretty much sweet across the land and kill everything if they wanted to, especially with Arya's Word and their magic. Add a dragon to the mix, and everyone else is fucked.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

They had the potential but not the inclination

Pariah

Pariah

because all the races were united against a common enemy.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Im just saying if any race was likely to go on a homicidal racist rampage Elves wouldnt be at the top of the list

Pariah

Pariah

Frostbyrn wrote:Im just saying if any race was likely to go on a homicidal racist rampage Elves wouldnt be at the top of the list

as for racism: who do you think locked the Urgals and Dwarves out of the original dragon-binding magic?

I'm saying that if they do, pretty much everyone else is fucked. And Arya is a big part of that.

Seriously, if her people declared war on the humans, where do you tihnk she would side? With her race, or with an allegiance to a man far away? (Thats Eragon btw)

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

She leads her people so it would be her declaring war in the first place

Not to mention the Dwarfs didnt want in on the pact and the Urgals are basically the Orcs of that universe

Duan

Duan

yeah butif an elf can't give 100% to the race then they should not be king/queen. that's what they said at some point and she can't be both a rider and queen and give a lot to both

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum