New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help with my ipod/itunes(Tom?)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Khfan60

Khfan60

I just re-installed iTunes after not having it for a while and I want to add all the songs(700 some) off my ipod to my library.

Sounds easy but for some stupid fucking reason, just syncing it will delete all the songs off my ipod(no really, that has to be the dumbest fucking thing ever, apple, what were you thinking...)

How would I go about getting the songs into my library without them being deleted?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

hmm,try to turn off sync and just drag and drop all the songs from the ipod?

you can manually go into the ipod and get all the music yourself and make a folder on the desktop or something if you enable hidden folders,the folders and even song names have weird names but once in itunes they show up right

Ante

Ante

I know you can just go open your iPod's directory like any other USB, but all the music files on it are given jumbled file names and you'd have to go through and rename them all one by one if you extracted them to your hard drive. The ID3 tags are all intact, though.

Edit: clarification

Khfan60

Khfan60

Ante wrote:I know you can just go open your iPod's directory like any other USB, but all the music files on it are given jumbled file names and you'd have to go through and rename them all one by one if you extracted them to your hard drive. The ID3 tags are all intact, though.

Edit: clarification

In english? >_>

would doing whats in this video work?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I have a couple GB folder on my desktop with all the jumbled named of the songs,etc. It's really just if you're OCD and WANT to go through renaming all the songs yourself.They show up correctly within itunes though

whenever you have the stuff on your desktop or where ever,just in itunes go to "file" then "add folder to library" and it'll add the whole thing

Khfan60

Khfan60

Bleh all this sounds like too much work.

Is this safe?

http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

sounds good Very Happy I had always kinda been looking for that but haven't used my ipod in forever...it's an old school 4gb nano

Chewy

Chewy

Well there's an option in itunes to prevent it from automatically syncing and deleting all your songs. In edit->preferences-> devices.

Not sure if you can just drag and drop there, haven't used an ipod in a while.

From googling around it seems this is a feature that apple put into place so an ipod can only sync with one library at a time. Do you still have access to the computer you used to sync the ipod? If you do then you can just copy the itunes library file from that one and place it on your computer, allowing you to sync the ipod without it deleting your music. If you don't then you will need to use what everyone else has said and copy the music off of the ipod, create a playlist in itunes with all of this music so itunes forms a library, and then sync.

Khfan60

Khfan60

Thanks for the tips guys but nvm, I figured it out. I R SMRT

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum