Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just got fraps and I am trying to get my encoding settings correct, how does this look?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I2r3-dWq16g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

it looks green. there is a definate green tint to it.

Yea I see alot of green too. I was thinking of buying FRAPS for this reason too.

How does it work exactly?

Alpha Brit wrote:it looks green. there is a definate green tint to it.

I think that is just the section that has the green tint, do you see it later in the video?

Tom wrote:

I think that is just the section that has the green tint, do you see it later in the video?

Ok it looks fine later.

How you liking this game Tom? I think it was well worth 25 bucks. The story is interesting to say the least.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

ahh, i dont see it later on in the video. no worries then Smile

How large was that 6 minute video?

Sym wrote:
Tom wrote:

Ok it looks fine later.

How you liking this game Tom? I think it was well worth 25 bucks. The story is interesting to say the least.

For the hour I have played it I am liking it. The demo for the game is utter crap though.

Sym wrote:How large was that 6 minute video?

13.5GB raw, 670MB after I compressed it. So how does it look in HD, comparable to other videos you have seen?

It looks really good.

13 gigs uncompressed lol. Thats huge.

Sym wrote:It looks really good.

Yeah with fraps it only does very little compression while it is recording, so your game is still playable.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Tom wrote:

Yeah with fraps it only does very little compression while it is recording, so your game is still playable.

how much does FRAPS drop your performance by when its recording?

Alpha Brit wrote:
Tom wrote:

I think it almost cuts it in half. I could be mistaken though.

Alpha Brit wrote:
Tom wrote:

A lot, but that is in part because I am recording to the same drive I am playing the game on. Once I get my ssd the performance hit I get from recording should lessen. Also when recording even when you turn the frame rate lock option off fraps will lock your frame rate at intervals of 30. In order to say record at 30 fps and play at 60 fps, you usually need to get 75+ fps in the game or fraps will auto-lock your fps to 30. If you have a good enough computer though you can just record at 60 fps and it should lock your frame rate to 60 fps. (recording at 60 fps is generally considered a waste though since youtube really only accepts 30)

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

dang.

can you record externally via a capture card to reduce the performance hit? or does it have to be software?

Alpha Brit wrote:dang.

can you record externally via a capture card to reduce the performance hit? or does it have to be software?

I believe so, though I am nut sure how you set it up. It would be mostly hardware. (this option would not use fraps)

Ante

Ante

Fraps is a resource hog. Dxtory is a much better recording program, you just have to fiddle around with codecs/settings when you first run it. The videos generally take up less space and it's much easier on your PC.

Quality on the video looks good though. Thumbs up

Ante wrote:Fraps is a resource hog. Dxtory is a much better recording program, you just have to fiddle around with codecs/settings when you first run it. The videos generally take up less space and it's much easier on your PC.

Quality on the video looks good though. Thumbs up

Decided to test dxtory and funny thing, it does not actually work with msi afterburner installed. I do like the all the different options it offers though. Could I ask the average framerate hit you take recording something like Bf3 with dxtory? When I tested BF3 I got around 30 - 55 fps while recording BF3 and 55 fps average while not recording. If I want to record something like BF3 with fraps I would need to bump the settings down from ultra to get a stable framerate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum