Windows installation questions

+4
The Adli Corporation
Frostbyrn
Pariah
BmmFlash
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Windows installation questions Empty Windows installation questions 2012-07-26, 01:26

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

So I have my new MacBookPro, and I want to partition the hard drive and run windows for steam and gaming. That part is fine, but I need the windows installation disk. I know people who have it, but how do I get by the product key? Is there even a way?

No you have to buy Windows man

Pariah

Pariah

Theres a way. I forget how, since when I went to W7, we had an extra key, but for a good 2 years I ran Vista without a legitimate license.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Its so funny I just installed W7 today Very Happy

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

you want to load windows on a MBP so you can game?

why not just get a windows laptop?

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

The Adli Corporation wrote:you want to load windows on a MBP so you can game?

Because I got my MBP with full Adobe Master Collection, in really good condition, for 750. Thats a good deal IMO. Plus I like Mac better

BmmFlash wrote:
The Adli Corporation wrote:you want to load windows on a MBP so you can game?

Because I got my MBP with full Adobe Master Collection, in really good condition, for 750. Thats a good deal IMO. Plus I like Mac better

Shocked

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

boooooo mac lol

I swear I always thought you could just keep X'ing out the little box asking for windows verification

if you like that kinda stuff,you could always get a copy online "somehow" >__>

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

I have a macbook pro with Win7 on it...you need a key. But ask around some people may have an extra product ( I did...mom threw out plastic that had the key on it before I moved out). But gaming isnt bad on win7 on macbook...but I am getting a gaming pc this year (need more memory and more ability to upgrade).

But...YAY a fellow macbooker

Honestly Macs are nice pieces of hardware. They are just so limited and overpriced I would never buy one.

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

Mr. Lundegaard wrote:Honestly Macs are nice pieces of hardware. They are just so limited and overpriced I would never buy one.

I agree, and thats what I thought fora long time. But I got a really, really good deal Very Happy

infadel117

infadel117

how are you liking this mac of yours i heard the lack of a certain right click is a huge pain in the ass

BmmFlash wrote:
Mr. Lundegaard wrote:Honestly Macs are nice pieces of hardware. They are just so limited and overpriced I would never buy one.

I agree, and thats what I thought fora long time. But I got a really, really good deal Very Happy

Definitely if the macbook was 2010+ model. An adobe master collection is easily worth a couple hundred dollars. (guessing it is a cs4 one?)

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Hey, right click is actually there I use it all the time (two fingers instead of one) and I have a mouse hooked up too

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

infadel117 wrote:how are you liking this mac of yours i heard the lack of a certain right click is a huge pain in the ass

yeah macs have had right click functionality for awhile now...they used to not have it. My bro has a 17inch MBP...it's pretty nice I've messed around with it. The boot time on snow leopard is pretty damn fast even with an HDD.

Personally I like windows better though and I have a bunch of audio editing plugins and VSTis that can only run on windows so yeah I wouldn't ever make the switch. I was considering getting Pro Tools and a MBP awhile back but I realized it would just be a pain in the ass and wouldn't make anything I recorded sound better or anything so I decided against it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum