Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Posting my HK work station for the first time (is it first time? Slide~)

+4
Artimise Flare
chunckylover53
MEGA MILK
StormEye
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

StormEye

StormEye

I was too embarassed to post my work station pic as I just shoved all my top quality parts (except for my flippin graphics card...) into, essentially, an office desktop.

Posting my HK work station for the first time (is it first time? Slide~) Acer-eMachines-desktop-computer

It looked pretty much like that

BUT!

I went on another shopping spree and bought new case (Cooler Master HAF XM) and CPU heat sink (Cooler Master S524<- almost out of random'ness but I think it was worth it).

Since it was late at night when I came back from work, with these parts dragged all the way from another city (well in HK standard, not US standard distance) on a public transport, I was pretty much dead when I reached home, therefore I made a LOT of mistakes when transplanting my parts from old case to new case, and putting on a new heat sink (well this part went pretty smooth compared to the transplant...).

The thing runs, but I swapped reset and power switch jumper, and realized half of the fans are not connected properly...

ANYWAY, at least nothing is broken, so thats a relief. LoL

The thing is pretty massive (despite not purchasing HAF X) and does not fit properly on a platform that I usually put my desktop (aka balcony next to my bed. LoL), so its on a diagonal position.

I will have to further work on it tonight to properly assemble once more (possibly I'm going to buy new power supply which is modular... darn tangles and USELESS extra power lines... DARN ME! STOP BUYING STUFF!!!).

After completing I went straight to bed, so I did not take any picture at night, so I took a picture in the morning with sun shining in my room (horrible lighting situation for taking a pic...), and does not even show what kind of view I have from my room, but here it is.

Posting my HK work station for the first time (is it first time? Slide~) IMG_0159

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Nice chair cushion.

StormEye

StormEye

MEGA MILK wrote:Nice chair cushion.

Posting my HK work station for the first time (is it first time? Slide~) 73821-ami_kawashima_80_super-1

chunckylover53

MEGA MILK wrote:Nice chair cushion.

I was going to post this damnit >.<.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

The girl reminds me of Ami from Tora Dora (Great comedy/romance anime by the way Very Happy)

Ante

Ante

To actually be on topic, that setup (and the rest of your room) looks really cozy.

StormEye

StormEye

Artimise Flare wrote:The girl reminds me of Ami from Tora Dora (Great comedy/romance anime by the way Very Happy)

Correct.

Posting my HK work station for the first time (is it first time? Slide~) Ami-chanRend

Ante wrote:To actually be on topic, that setup (and the rest of your room) looks really cozy.

The desk portion is actually EXTRA uncomfortable, since there is no leg room at all... Its built on top of a balcony, so my leg is essentially pressed up against a wall when I sit. LoL

Darn HK housing...

EDIT: Pic too big, resized.

Last edited by StormEye on 2012-08-22, 23:42; edited 1 time in total

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Best girl never wins, damnit.

StormEye

StormEye

MEGA MILK wrote:Best girl never wins, damnit.

Jar~

Id hit it

The girl, not your set up.

StormEye

StormEye

Well, I need to smack my setup tonight to get things properly setup. LoL

I have to have two monitors. Seeing the one in your guys battlestations is just weird to me now haha.

StormEye

StormEye

My laptop is my second screen, if needed. LoL

Its actually in the pic, its the small black square next to the tower.

StormEye

StormEye

Ok...

1. I need to get a real digital camera.

2. I blame you guys for making me go and buy yet another thing. Corsair AX750

That being said, more pics of my work station. Everything connected correctly, except for one fan on top, there are two, since I ran out of mobo fan slot (need to get a jumper duplicator). And will have ASUS GeForce GTX 680 Direct CU II in my case tmr (hopefully).

Posting my HK work station for the first time (is it first time? Slide~) IMG_0163

Thought about removing the cushion, but since you guys like it so much, it stays. <_< >_> Slide~

Posting my HK work station for the first time (is it first time? Slide~) IMG_0161

Close up of the inside parts. You can see my CRAPPY GTX 590 along with the GIGANTIC logo stuck on my new power supply. LoL

Posting my HK work station for the first time (is it first time? Slide~) IMG_0164

I really need a proper digital camaera...

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Nice! I wish I would be able to put my new rig in my room but i'll have to put it in my crappy, cluttered, dusty ass basement. I wouldn't be able to voice chat in game or I'd wake people up.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Storms crappy card is better than the one I plan on getting > . >

StormEye

StormEye

If I was in America, I would sell it to you really cheap, if you want.

Actually, if you really want, I can arrange for an international shipping, its just the packaging and shipping method that could be a little bit troubling, for the card to arrive safely in America.

StormEye

StormEye

Forgot about posting view from my room

Posting my HK work station for the first time (is it first time? Slide~) IMG_0166

I will post a harbour view in the morning since my crappy iphone camera is not able to take even a crappy picture of the sea at night...

chunckylover53

Wow that's a nice sight... I assume it gets tireing after awhile?

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

damn that view is sweet. Looks like alot of hustle and bustle going on.

StormEye

StormEye

Not that much thing going on, but Hong Kong has LOTS of lights.

Its one of the brighter areas in the world, and when I was first starting to live in LA, America felt grim and dark compared to HK.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

StormEye wrote:Not that much thing going on, but Hong Kong has LOTS of lights.

Its one of the brighter areas in the world, and when I was first starting to live in LA, America felt grim and dark compared to HK.

well I live in a "city" that has a population of ~120,000 if you count the surrounding areas/small villages. So to me it looks like alot's going on. There are barely any buildings tall enough to jump off and kill yourself where I come from Razz .

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

StormEye wrote:Forgot about posting view from my room

Posting my HK work station for the first time (is it first time? Slide~) IMG_0166

I will post a harbour view in the morning since my crappy iphone camera is not able to take even a crappy picture of the sea at night...

really nice view

Damn Storm that's a nice view.

StormEye

StormEye

Bah~

I was almost late for work this morning, and the weather was horrible, so I did not take the picture of the harbour view.

Hopefully tmr, the weather is better so I can take a pic.

StormEye

StormEye

Bah~ the weather does not seem to be getting any better, so I just took some pictures anyway.

Posting my HK work station for the first time (is it first time? Slide~) IMG_0170

Posting my HK work station for the first time (is it first time? Slide~) IMG_0169

Posting my HK work station for the first time (is it first time? Slide~) IMG_0171

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum