[BL2] Salvador: Shotguns > AR for dual wield? & need tips in general

+2
Ante
StormEye
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

StormEye

StormEye

I just created my last (fourth, until DLC that adds Mecromancer) character, Salvador.

Seems like AR receives too much spread penalty for extended shooting, but shotgun seems to have ultra low spread in dual wield mode.

Obviously I just started with the character and know nothing much about it, and blowing through missions, not leveling up properly, and not getting decent gear might be the problem.

Any tips for the class is appreciated as well.

Ante

Ante

Hyperion weapons.

God I hate Salvadore. I finished the game with him and will never go back to him

Gunzerklng is just really boring after awhile

But yes shotguns seem to be the most effective.

StormEye

StormEye

Bah~

Of course. Should have realized that those guns are really designed for this kind of stuff.

I mostly neglected Hyperion guns (especially sniper rifle), but I should start using them for this character.

I double wielded shotguns and took down the warrior in literally a few seconds. Less than a minute.

it was REDIC!

BUT you will struggle with him when you are NOT zerking. He just has no other strengths besides that. He shines in a group, but kinda sucks solo.

StormEye

StormEye

I have my solo character, Maya (despite people saying its for MP, I find it VERY useful in solo), and all other characters are now MP characters.

I just keep my solo character the highest level with best gear I can get, and send the obsolete ones down the line, so I don't have to fight for my gear in MP and be more courteous to other players for gears.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Just tried him up till Flynt

Dont plan on playing him any further than that

Good man haha

I started a second character, and I went with Axton. Im having much more fun with him that Salvadore.

Dat turret

StormEye

StormEye

Axton is also one of my favourite character (other is Maya).

Turret is godly, and its good for distributing aggro as well.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Ignore the Brawn tree on PT1, makes the game super easy.

But focus on the left, and middle trees mostly. I went Brawn 90% of the time, and while I loved it. Being able to basically never stop dual weilding is amazing.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Yeah to make Salvador better I focused on Gunzerking as much as posible, and lowering the cool down for it as well. Your basically invincible when gunzerking so why would you ever want to stop?

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Although going for the Brawn tree in PT1 basically makes you invincible as well.

Are we playing the same game?

My Salvadore was made of paper Sad

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Mine was a tank brah.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

I have yet to create a character other than Axton. From what I've seen from a co-worker, Salvador is going to suck. I really don't think I'm going to be playing other characters at all unless there are achievements tied to them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum